1.    #1  
    Not sure if people are aware of this or not, but the 10mb plan is now 20mb for $24.99.

Now why would verizon give 10 more mb for the same price....
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <moved>
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Why?

Probably because they're losing customers to sprint after the 700wx launch.
    Not sure I understand. I'm on the unlimited data plan, what is this 10MB or 20MB plan all about?
  5.    #5  
    There are 3 data plans on Verizon:

1) Pay as you go
    2) 10mb plan for $24.99 (which is now 20mb for the same price)
    3) Unlimited data for $44.99
    And by unlimited, they mean 5GB per month or they terminate you and charge you a fee...
    My wife's 650 still says 10 megs for $24.99. My 700p went magically from 10 to 20 megs last month.

My problem is a bit different though. Tracking data times. My billing period rolls over on the 8th of the month. Tracking data usage between the phone, the website and #DATA has become frustrating. I reset my TREO on the 8th, and according to the phone, I had used about 7 megs of data. The website on the 8th said I had used 12 and though it was a few days behind, when it did catch up, it appeared NOT to reset, but continued on towards 17 megs. That is what the website said this morning, as of October 16th. I did a #DATA this morning and using October 17th as the last update, it says I have only used 7 megs of data.

Does data roll over on a different time period? The same thing happened last month and I got billed for the lower amount so this mornings lower totals seem to be the one that counts, but boy it is tough to manage.

b.b.
    Quote Originally Posted by firedog341 View Post
    And by unlimited, they mean 5GB per month or they terminate you and charge you a fee...
    Get out of hear...You need to come to Sprint my friend.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I just called Verizon to check on getting my plan changed from the 10 MBs for $24.99 and they deny there is a 20 MB plan for $24.99. Anyone who has gotten the 20 MB plan - is it a business plan or a personal account?
  10.    #10  
    My plan is a personal plan. The 20mb plan automatically showed up on my bill.
    I had the 20mb for $24.99 back in Jan of this year, but finally moved to the unlimited. I think some of the confusion was the Cust Service Rep looking at data plans for regular phones vs data plans for PDA(smartphones).
    Is there any negotiating room for the unlimited plan. I mean they are WAY above the competiton
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    because they're losing customers to sprint after the 700wx launch.
    VZW isn't losing customers to Sprint, at least not on a large scale. It's quite the opposite; however, the customers coming to VZW aren't coming for the data plans.
  14.    #14  
    If you are a heavy texter you could ask for the PDA SMS 2000 text message plan...they will give this to you for free if you push hard enough.