1.    #1  
    Sprint just launched a new coverage map on their website that offers street level coverage ratings. You can even enter in a specific address to see if your house has Excellent / Good / Fair reception. Pretty cool.

See what your coverage is at your house. Mine is Good.

Here is the Link: http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Thought this was kinda funny when going there
    NOTE:Because you are using an outdated browser, you may only view the raw textual content of this site. In order to view, use, and enjoy this site fullest, at the maximum security level, we strongly recommend visiting our Browser Upgrade page to view a list of browsers that support web standards...

All I can say is: Palm your software support sux!
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    It's about time they offered a "real" coverage map page.
  4.    #4  
    Does anyone else offer a street level coverage map?
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Does anyone else offer a street level coverage map?
    T-Mobile does. I'm not sure about anyone else though.
  6. EWT
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    My house is in a "best" area and the signal was so marginal that it often switched to roaming on the Sprint 6700 I tried out a few months ago. Just about everybody I've talked to with Sprint in my neighborhood is less than pleased with reception around there. YMMV.
    Cingular also has a street level map.

Sprint has my address listed as fair, and that is right....I drop lots of calls there.
    Last edited by scrinch; 10/18/2006 at 08:29 PM.
    hah - bull****. I put in a notorious address - a shopping center where you cannot get a sprint signal or get a very weak one. It lists it as "best" LOL.
    Oh c'mon, I wouldn't trust a map provided by the provider!!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    The map does not seem right, as Sprint let me cancel lines without etf charges because they pointed out my house is not in a coverage area, the map says i am, with good coverage.
    This is pretty cool. It shows my house right on the edge of "fair" and "good" coverage while friends up the street show in "best". That accurately represents the service we get, so I have to give the map credit for being accurate in my case.
    That is pretty neat.
    I gotta admit... after punching in my address I am a little disapointed. I live in Nassau County, Long Island NY. While service at my house is good (borderline fair), there are a LOT of no service patches around my house.

I would think Sprint would have had the entire county completely covered. Now I know why my wife was saying she couldn't hear a word I was saying while I was driving up the Wantagh State Parkway.

And as much as I knock Nextel (my wife just got Nextel)... they have the entire Island covered quite well (very few no service patches).

Well I guess I have an excuse if I ever want to cancel. But for now i'll be staying. SERO is just too good.
    yeah, my place is in the "good" area...and that's just about correct. A few fades now and then, but pretty good 90% of the time. And I always thought I got better reception in the "city" areas of NYC and Philadelphia........and the map proves that.....heh.....they are in "best" areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    The map does not seem right, as Sprint let me cancel lines without etf charges because they pointed out my house is not in a coverage area, the map says i am, with good coverage.
    Same here. My house is in a "Good" area on the map, but I was able to cancel my Sprint account (w/no ETF) due to consistently dropped calls in my front yard. I would rate Sprint's Street Level Coverage Maps "Fair" or worse.

Maybe Sprint had a pre-school color a map of the United States for them (using only 3 shades of green) and used the results for their coverage maps.