Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have the 700p with Sprint Business Connect for email. One of the options is to have the light blink when you get an email. I learned the hard way that this is a text message and sprint has charged me ten cents each. I called to get a refund and they refused. Since when is an alert a text message? Is this obvious to others & I'm just clueless??

I also got an activation fee 3 months after getting the phone. Is this typical?
    If you have subscribed to Sprint BC you should not get charged or even counted any SMS.
    I got an activation fee too just now more then 2 months after I purchased the phone. I called CS and they waived the fee.
    So you get charged for being notified that you have an email?

Then people wonder why I question Sprint's practices.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sprint Business Connection is essentially a push email product provided by Seven Networks. The service sends your Treo a special SMS whenever a new email arrives in your inbox which then triggers the software into syncing. The carrier can tell what this special SMS is when it comes time for billing.

If you are paying for Business Connection each month, you will NOT get charged for these special SMS messages. Trust me, I've been using this service for nearly three years and have yet to get charged for them.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I agree i shouldn't be charged, but Sprint Cust Service doesn't. How do I convince them? In talking to them, it is obvious they are clueless about what these messages are. I figured out it was the setting the "flash LED indicator" under settings>preferences>alerts. Since i turned this off, I have not been charged for text messages other than the true text messages I send. I talked to customer service then asked for a supervisor. They hung up when I dropped an f-bomb after they suggested I sign up for unlimited text messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick99 View Post
    I agree i shouldn't be charged, but Sprint Cust Service doesn't. How do I convince them? In talking to them, it is obvious they are clueless about what these messages are. I figured out it was the setting the "flash LED indicator" under settings>preferences>alerts. Since i turned this off, I have not been charged for text messages other than the true text messages I send. I talked to customer service then asked for a supervisor. They hung up when I dropped an f-bomb after they suggested I sign up for unlimited text messaging.
    First and foremost, do you have Sprint Business Connection added onto your account?

Also, whenever I have a problem with BizConn, I call Sprint Data Support Tier 2 at the following direct number (866-818-1944) and ask for the department in charge of support for Sprint Business Connection. This is the department you want to speak to about the problem you are having. None of the other CSRs will have a clue about how to help you.

This is the only help I can give you as I have been using BizConn for a very long time without problems and have never been charged for SMS even when the blinking light option is enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick99 View Post
    I have the 700p with Sprint Business Connect for email. One of the options is to have the light blink when you get an email. I learned the hard way that this is a text message and sprint has charged me ten cents each. I called to get a refund and they refused. Since when is an alert a text message? Is this obvious to others & I'm just clueless??

I also got an activation fee 3 months after getting the phone. Is this typical?
    Hello,

I had the same problem here with our business account. Check out my posting here: http://www.pcsintel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=823

I donít think it has anything to do with the rapid flash of the new email. I use this feature and the other phone on the account does not. This error effected both phones. I continue to use this feature and have not had the issue since.

I was able to get Sprint to adjust the overage on both phones, but it took some pushing.

I think (completely unconfirmed) they had some issues when they were upgrading their text systems and the system registered these invisible texts as actual texts, and charged as such.