1.    #1  
    Okay, I've been with Verizon Wireless for over 7-8 years now (5 lines). In August of this year we went into the store and purchased 3 new phones with the new every two program. We also moved one of our phones onto the family plan and uped are minutes from 1500 to 2000.

Problem is, the rep never changed our plan. And now I got charged $35 overage for about 100 minutes (not that big of a deal). What pisses me off is that I spoke with 2 reps and 2 supervisors on 611 an none would credit me the $35 dollars because the rep in the store (Huntington Beach, CA on Beach Blvd.) did not note in the account about the change of plans.

It took me 2 months to figure it out because this is the first month we went over.

Do I have a right to be pissed? I specifically asked the rep as we were leaving, "you changed our family plan over right?" and he said yes. Talk to me people, is it time for Sprint? What can they do for me if I have 5 lines with cancellation fees if I move over?
    Try getting through to Verizon one more time. Sprint is even worse customer service -wise IMO. How about overbilling and/or a shut off line due to slow processing of payments already received?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Try getting through to Verizon one more time. Sprint is even worse customer service -wise IMO. How about overbilling and/or a shut off line due to slow processing of payments already received?
    That's what I've heard. I'm gonna stick with Verizon, but I'm still angry with how they treated me over a $35 charge.

Thanks
    Sprint has gotten quite a bit better over the past few years at handling customer service. They still suck at points, but your experience doesn't really tell me Verizon's any better (actually I've had several instances similar to yours and Sprint has never been so nasty as it appears Verizon is being to you about this).

Used to be that Verizon had the "better" coverage, but with Sprint and Roaming (another $5 per *account*) I get really great coverage 95% of the urban and outer areas I've been in all of California, and when I've been in Southern Calif it was even better. Plus, unlmited EVDO data is $15 or less for the first phone, half that for all others on your account.

Your profile may require extra-stellar coverage, but Verizon seems to charge everyone through the nose for it. I have had 5 lines with Sprint for years and except for the occasional "issue" I've been relatively pleased with their coverage and most customer support.

In fact, if they were as nasty to me as Verizon seems to be with you, I'd be considering telling them "buh-bye" and take your $$$ elsewhere. That seems to be the only language these cell carriers care about addressing - loss of customers x 5 .
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Yes Sprint does mess up accounts but fixing the issue is not like pulling teeth from my experience.
    I haven't used them for at least 2 years, so I'm unaware of any changes. At this point, I'm not going back. I've been happy with Cingular despite their higher rates. Sprint messed up my bill one too many times. One time they even told me that because I was short $2 or $5(I forget which) they cut off the phone. I wasn't according to when they checked again. They had even got THAT wrong!! Verizon never did dumb like that!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life View Post
    Yes Sprint does mess up accounts but fixing the issue is not like pulling teeth from my experience.
    I agree with this. They seem to mess up mostly whenever I add a phone, change my plan, etc.....but they have ALWAYS....100%....fixed it and majority of the time I end up better off for it! For example, they will give me a free service for two years, credit my account more than the original mistake as a token of having to deal with the issue, cut me a better deal on my plan, etc....

Sure there are dorks that I have run into. I just hang up and call back. Works everytime.
    If they had given me free service for 2 years, I'd still be with them!

I am not talking about free main account, but free Vision ($15 a month), etc.... for two years.
    Sprint messed up my bill one too many times. One time they even told me that because I was short $2 or $5(I forget which) they cut off the phone. I wasn't according to when they checked again. They had even got THAT wrong!! Verizon never did dumb like that!!
    I had an experience exactly like that with Sprint myself. Out of the blue I got a call in the late afternoon while I was in the middle of a huge installation project telling me that if I didn't provide Sprint with about $2,000.00 by the end of the day they would cut off all my (5) lines "tomorrow."

Not owing Sprint a thin dime, I foolishly tried reasoning with them - but they are in Jamaica and have no ability to do anything except threaten Sprint customers with disconnection if you don't pay them whatever they have been told to collect. Although completely illegal (I think by law they're supposed to give you 2 weeks notice of this stuff so their "errors" don't become life-threatening), it took nearly 6 hours of in-person and phone calls to several Sprint departments into the night to put a "temporary credit" for $2000 on the account to stave off disconnection. And the following days were just as fun to traverse the Sprint corporate colon of responsiblity...

After a total time involvement nearing 100 hours (and about a couple weeks later) I *finally* had an assurance from an executive at Sprint that promised they wouldn't screw up my account further - and semi-apologized for their "mistake" of not crediting some returned phones (which I had no knowledge about) that they received months before - which created the whole snowball effect. And for all my trouble and time - I got a whole $ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR CREDIT!! (and maybe some assurance they'll fix their system so others don't get screwed over like I did... but I have my doubts that was anything more than P.R.). (Knowing CorporateThink - they have likely paid "consultants" a few hundred thou to tell them the same obvious thing since).

My point is - I ended up sticking with Sprint anyway - whether out of habit or their pricing or just plain stupidity. I've heard enough nearly-identical horror stories from users of every other carrier, so I guess I'd rather take my chances with known rats than unknown ones. Maybe that's the same reason you stick with Verizon - at least you know how badly they'll screw you and you probably know the labrynths you need to travel at that company to fix things, learning a new company's ratmaze isn't always an enjoyable thrill.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Verizon never did dumb like that!!
    You haven't given them enough time - Be patient!
    I'm with Cingular now for almost 2 yrs., I needed GSM. I'm just saying that Verizon never screwed me over and/or never was as rude as Sprint. I wanted to reach through the phone and punch someone a few times at Sprint. And in your case, I might have just dumped them then and there for that!! It is just ridiculous that their "accounting" is so bad!!!

I just got the sense that Sprint was just overly disorganized, and wasn't/hasn't been spending enough energy rooting out serious flaws in their customer handling system. Merging with Nextel probably added more wrenches into the monkeyworks.

All the cell companies are probably overly-indebted, and one department will play 'hardball' over 5 bucks they "think" you owe, and the fact another department will spend hundreds or thousands in marketing, etc. to get you back isn't that rep's problem or scope. Later, if and when they admit they were turning the screws on a customer victimized by their own bureaucracy, they will often end up giving you multiples of that $5 in "goodies," but likely we'd just like our phones to work and not have to deal with hours and hours of their Kafkaesque nightmares.

They act as though they're the government and there's no alternative - but for now there's still a little competition in the cell carrier business...
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for all your input. I agree Sprint isn't much better customer services wise than anyone else.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    The good: I added a line so (I could get a Treo) my dad could get a phone. They added the line wrong, charged me wrong for 7-8 months, caught it, and refunded me $300. Well done.

The bad: You call Sprint, you get Embarq, who tells you that you are embarqing up the wrong tree and need to call Sprint. I have no local stores I can go to for customer service, just the same people in the same store wearing different shirts, telling me they now don't know me.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis