Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just moved to a new state and went to the local Sprint store to get my phone number changed to a local area code. I told the sales person what I was wanting to do and that I didn't want to extend my existing contract (which expires in 8 mos.). The sales person told me to call customer service, that they would handle this. She told me to ask for a supervisor when I called because the usual idiots that took calls wouldn't be able to handle doing it.

I called and talked to one of the true rocket scientists of our time (somewhere in pakistan or somewhere). after explaining the situation to him and asking for a supervisor was told that he would not let me talk to his supervisor and I couldn't do what I was requesting without extending my contract. I then asked what "perk" I could get if I did indeed extend my contract (I have 4 phones>2 are Treo 650's< with Sprint and have been a customer for 6 years) and he replied nothing.

So in 8 months: Hello Verison. And in the meantime, everytime I make a call, Sprint gets to incur the long distance of my call since the plan is a nationwide plan.
    When you call *2, state "Cancel" which will get you to retentions. They should be able to fix you up.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    So you got one ***** and condemn the entire company? Smart, real smart.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I got several idiots over billing issues? Does that count? Plus one who didn't give a damn about lost phones, just wanted to sell the guy a new phone and new number, even though I had found his phone and wanted to return it to him.

I dumped Sprint after one billing issue got on my last nerve.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have been with Sprint for 8 years now.

During that time I have had some issues with billing, phone replacement, clueless CS, etc... I just hang up and call back. There have been times that I had to be persistent or forceful, but without exception they have always falling in my favor.....which is more than I can for a lot of other communication companies.
    How many times do they get to mess up your bill though? Maybe it's just me, but overbilling about 5 times doesn't sit well with me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Over the 96 or so monthly billings I have been with them, they have probably screwed up 5 or 6 times. Most of them had to do with changing plans, buying a phone, etc....

And never once have I not walked away squared away or most often better off because of it.
    I have had Sprint mess my bill up numerous times. They have been hands down the worst provider that I have had. I currently have 3 phones through Sprint and 3 through Verizon. I have been with Sprint for 6+ years. I have stayed with them for their pricing not their service or coverage. My biggest complaint with Sprint is their phone support and their in store service. In my area there are 3 Sprint stores. Whenever I visit one of these stores I can count on 30 minutes to an hours wait. Seems like the Sprint stores are always filled up with a bunch of angry customers. Many of them get very upset. Perhaps this is just in my area - but it is a constant.

Verizon is much easier to deal with and when I have had to call them I get someone who speaks clear English. While I pay more for Verizon, it is worth it. I will eventually move all of my phones over to Verizon.
    Yeah, the in store wait is bad, but at least the one around here has some people who half way know what they're doing. It's the phone people that upset me more!

The Verizon store around here has long waits too, BTW. But they didn't mess up my bill(they might have only once), then get rude about it when I called to ask what happened(like Sprint). If only they offered GSM.

We have a saying in our indirect all carrier store(well except T-mobile), ALL cell phone companies suck, the just suck different for different people and you have to find the one that sucks the least for you.

I swear I must say that 10 times a day to customer. Always gets a knowing nod and chuckles.
    Agreed. I had Cingular for about 8 years before I switched to Sprint in May and they had their issues as well. I was overbilled 4 or 5 times through them. These instances were all related to changing bill plans. Each time, it was like pulling teeth to get them to correct their error. Each time they wanted me to pay it or 50%. They were a major pain in the a** during those times.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    So you got one ***** and condemn the entire company? Smart, real smart.
    After 6 years....
    at&t iPhone3G
    Got me laughing! Nice quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    We have a saying in our indirect all carrier store(well except T-mobile), ALL cell phone companies suck, the just suck different for different people and you have to find the one that sucks the least for you.

I swear I must say that 10 times a day to customer. Always gets a knowing nod and chuckles.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Agreed. I had Cingular for about 8 years before I switched to Sprint in May and they had their issues as well. I was overbilled 4 or 5 times through them. These instances were all related to changing bill plans. Each time, it was like pulling teeth to get them to correct their error. Each time they wanted me to pay it or 50%. They were a major pain in the a** during those times.

Cingular was partially owned by SBC. I'm not surprised!! SBC messes up my land line phone bill a lot! Oh yeah, now they're ATT again.

I only stick with them because they have better GSM coverage, but I watch my bills like a hawk!

I love Sprint. Their erroneous overbilling is still usuallly less than other companies' correct billing, specially for data, and getting things fixed is usually a phone call (or 7) away. If you switch for CS issues, you're in for a surprise at the new carrier.

I tried the 700w for a 2-week trial in January on VZW. I told them when I bought it that I'd probably bring it back and would not make more than 2 phone calls during my trial. They promised me that if I did return it, I'd only be charged for 14 days of data usage and no voice charges. They supposedly made a note on the account.

One month later, I get a $300+ bill for a full month's worth of service and an ETF. It took six calls and three months to fix, and they never did credit the voice charges.

$300 IS WHAT I PAY SPRINT IN SIX MONTHS ON AN ACCOUNT WITH TWO LINES. AND THAT INCLUDES UNLIMITED EVDO AND ROAMING ON VZW FOR HALF THE MINUTES IF I NEED IT.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    In my case, they cut off the line more than once, claiming my bill was overdue. Egg on their face when it shows I paid the bill!! I guess you can't pay in person down at the Sprint store, something always goes wrong.

That's a shame about what happened to you with Verizon though. I think these cell companies are getting mighty greedy! Except Sprint, which is less, but just doesn't seem to give a damn.

Now that I have a plan with free roaming, I love Sprint . I work downtown and take Metra to work everyday. Full signal underground thanks to Verizon Wireless.

Yes, they screw up your bill regularly (sometimes I think it's intentional). They screwed my bill up for two months after I bought my 700p and added a third line through retention in August.

Yes, an uncomfortably large number of the people in the stores are as dumb as a box of rocks.

Yes, the wait times are long.

But, their price is lower than Verizon, especially considering I end up on Verizon's network daily! Oh, and those screw ups they made left me with a $25 bill last month! Not bad I'd say.

Another gripe: I went to two Sprint stores in the Chicagoland area (Matteson and Orland Park) to check out the 700wx because I'm thinking about trying oue out. Both stores had the slot and pamphlets for the wx, BUT NO PHONE TO TEST! What's up with that? Now that the Samsung i830w is coming out on Sprint I might end up leaving Palm altogether. We'll see about that, though. We'll see how Sprint handles it once it's released. I just know now not to ask any questions in the store when I go check it out.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Price is about the only good thing about Sprint.

It really would have been nice for them to get their billing issues fixed. I can't deal with a wrong bill every other month. I think Verizon only once messed up the bill. I monitor Cingular online to see what's up with my bill. And yes, they have messed up twice. The amounts were small, thank goodness!

My first bill after buying my 700p and adding a new line (with a free phone) was almost $900! They double billed me for my plan, double billed me for the 700p, and charged me for the free phone! Then they like to add features I never wanted and never used like roadside assistance (don't need it; have AAA) and Voice Command (don't need it; have Voice Dial). I end up getting billed for that a couple months before I catch it. Since this last adjustment I think they finally have my bill fixed. (fingers crossed).
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Wow! I guess I've been very, very lucky with Sprint.

In 10 years, my worst problem has been with the in-store wait. Yes, it is a hassle but the results have always been great:

First time was in a Nextel store a day or two after the merger with Sprint - the only local place that had Treo 650s. The folks were very nice and got me all set up. It was the first time I had walked out of a Sprint store with a working phone. Nearly every other time, they forget the network password or something like that.

Second time was when the original 650 started acting up. Instead of getting a refurb, I ended up with a brand new 650. Which was a real surprise - even to the store staff. And they threw in insurance for the new phone. Only charged me $35 for the new replacement.

I've never had any billing issues. The one time they turned off service was because I hadn't paid the bill. But no "reconnect" or "late" fees - just paid the bill and it was back on in 2 hours.

Their coverage in this area (San Francisco) is better than competitors. I can make calls from some pretty remote places when others are roaming or getting no signal at all.

So, per Woofs' post, guess I'd have to say that Sprint sucks a lot less than the competition for me.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast