1.    #1  
    So, right now Verizon has the 700p for $299 after $100 mail in rebate.

My NE2 anniversary is 11/3/06.

I've heard that you can get them to give you your NE2 $100 two months in advance, which would make me eligible right now.

If I can get the phone for $399-$100NE2-$100 rebate then it'd only be $199!

If I can't sell my 650 for more than $200 I'd be surprised, making the total net cost to upgrade a big NUTHIN!

Does this jive with what you guys know? Should I pull the trigger or am I going to end up shooting myself in the foot?

Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I don't think you can knock another $100 off from $299. You may want to check with VZW. Let us know if you can and post here!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    when you say your NE2 anniv is 11/3/06, what are you referring to? VZW won't give you your NE2 unless you have gone 22 months without purchasing a phone with a discount.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by CTreoPO View Post
    when you say your NE2 anniv is 11/3/06, what are you referring to? VZW won't give you your NE2 unless you have gone 22 months without purchasing a phone with a discount.
    Yeah, I was a little confused. I thought that the date listed was the 2 year anniversary date, it is actually the 22 month date at which time you're eligible to receive the discount. Funny thing though, when I started asking about it they realized that my date was wrong, they changed it to 10/31/06.

I wish I'd been lucky enough to get the NE2 in concert with the most recent promotion, because I confirmed that I would indeed have been able to get the 700P for $200, after the other discounts and rebates were added to the NE2 credit. I'm hoping that there'll be another promotion toward the end of the year or early next year so that I can get a 700P at that time.