1.    #1  
    I'm on a 2 year contract with VZW that ends 8/15/07. My Treo 650 is the secondary line on a family plan. I've been told the NE2 does not apply for secondary lines, so what are my upgrade options? I refuse to pay VZW full retail for a 700p.

Before I call them/visit a store...I thought I'd ask you guys if it is possible to renew/extend an existing contract for another 2 years at this point to get a phone at the new customer rate, or am I just SOL until the contract is up and move to another carrier?

Thanks guys...
    While NE2 is not available for the second line, you get whatever promotional pricing is available to new customers

$499.99 price
    - 100.00 online discount
    $399.99
    You just don't get the loyalty discount (100 Ne2) that you get on the second line. It's $549.99 with a one year contract, and probably $599 or maybe even $649 with no contract. So you're not paying full price.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I was in a similar situation (though my 650 was my primary) that my 2-year contract doesn't expire until March next year. So I bought my 700p for full price (from Palm directly in my case to avoid tax), and sold my 650 in eBay which helped offsetting the full-price cost of $619.

Though I also heard about the NE2 is not applicable to the secondary line, I'm not sure if it's true. I have a basic Motorola phone as my 2nd line and it's listed as eligible for NE2 when I log in to my VZW account. (My 2nd line's 2-year contract end-date is different from my primary's, and it's already ended.)

Perhaps it deserves a chat with a VZW rep. Good luck!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i have 4 lines on my VZW family plan and i have 4 different dates as to when they are due for the NE2 discount. maybe it's different regionally or something though.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
  5.    #5  
    Here's Verizon's official answer via online chat and over the phone regarding secondary lines and a 2 year contract:

There is no discount available until 2 months before the end of the contract period. In order to get a new phone with new customer discount, you must at that time sign a new 1 or 2 year agreement with VZW.

Thanks guys...looks like I just have to wait :/