1.    #1  
    Hello-

I take an annual motorcycle trip to Sturgis, and usually spend considerable time in parts of Montana and Wyoming. This year, for the first time ever, I had data service while roaming on some parts of the trip. In Sturgis itself, I had no data. The data service was 1xrtt, but it worked great!

This is just a public service announcement.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    I had EVDO data roaming in Toronto a few weeks ago.
    Doesn't appear to be anywhere near the Southeast US yet. Then again, we are always the last to get anything tech-related, so I'm not surprised.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Doesn't appear to be anywhere near the Southeast US yet. Then again, we are always the last to get anything tech-related, so I'm not surprised.
    I couldn't believe that I had data in BFE Wyoming. The whole state has less than 500k people!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I actually forced my phone to roam in Atlanta the other day and I was able to connect. I have only had success once though.
    Other reports say it works in Ohio and Michigan on Alltel. BTW, only works on Treo 700s, not 600 or 650.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Other reports say it works in Ohio and Michigan on Alltel. BTW, only works on Treo 700s, not 600 or 650.
    I live here in NYC and if I enable roaming there are times when my data connection here says it is roaming. I always deny it. I am supposed to be in an area with full powervsion and no need to roam. It is strange. If I do a reset it usually comes back up to full strength on the network. All that roaming is a nice way to rack up your bill.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    ^Are you talking data roaming or voice roaming? Most new plans have free roaming BTW.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747 View Post
    I live here in NYC and if I enable roaming there are times when my data connection here says it is roaming. I always deny it. I am supposed to be in an area with full powervsion and no need to roam. It is strange. If I do a reset it usually comes back up to full strength on the network. All that roaming is a nice way to rack up your bill.
    I don't know to much about this but, my understanding is that it will pick up the strongest signal in the area if allowed to roam, so even if you are in a Sprint covered area, if there is a better signal available, the Treo will grab it. I have been told that there is no charge for roaming (is there distinction for roaming/billing purposes between data and voice?), but I haven't confirmed it. A Sprint rep who I called specifically about this told me that I could leave the Treo set to be able to roam all the time and that that would always insure that I would have the best signal possilbe. To those who are aware of the details: does this sound right?
    I am loving this as I end up roaming all the time when traveling off the beaten path with work.

As for billing, double check your account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Sprint offers free roaming, roaming for 1/2 your minutes, no roaming coverage, etc.... It all depends when you signed your contract and what features you may or may not have added, etc...

If you do not have roaming you should be able to negotiate free roaming pretty easily, even if you have to call back a few times to get a CS rep who will do it.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I went to Mexico City the end of July and had EVDO speeds the whole time I was there...email, internet, Sprint TV. Nothing has shown on my bills! The only tv in my hotel was in Spanish and the reception was terrible. Sprint TV became my link to the world! Now if only there was a Sling client for POS....
    When I purchased the 700p, I made a new contract which, according to the rep, includes free roaming now (didn't know about Mexico! Hope that includes Canada.). Previously, I had the phone set to roam when necessary and did not see anything on the bill, but I turned it back to Sprint network only when I saw a post about someones bill here. From what I've heard, I'm 80% sure it's ok to set it to roaming but one can never be sure of what the Sprint reps say. A mistake here can really turn into a substantial bill. I will be traveling in October and will check it out then.