1. jmw
    Hi, was wondering if anyone knew why messaging.sprintpcs.com is now silently discarding messages I send to it from my home mail server.

The behavior started around August 10 or 11.

If I send a message to xxxxxxzzzz@messaging.sprintpcs.com from my gmail account, it shows up on my phone as a text message. (as expected)

If I send from my home mail server, the logs definitely show it as
    to=<xxxxxxzzzz@messaging.sprintpcs.com>, relay=mx.messaging.sprintpcs.com[68.28.3.22], delay=6, status=sent (250 ok: Message 225957518 accepted)

But I never get the message on my phone! Did sprint start a new policy of silently discarding text messages that come from mail servers running on dynamic addresses? AOL stopped accepting mail from such servers a while back, but they at least have the decency to reject the mail with an error message, rather than dropping it on the floor.
    sprint stopped accepting mail directly from me like 2 years ago.. and i have a static ip.. highly annoying.
  3. jmw
    was that sending actual email to other people (the smtp.sprintpcs.com server)? Or are you referring to the SMS gateway?
    Try sending through teleflip.com. I have sent messages through there and they are routed to my sprint phone. Maybe if the email is ultimately coming from there it will work. Send to ##########@teleflip.com

Teleflip works with any US carrier from my understanding so you could send to ##########@teleflip.com and it would get to the proper cingular, tmobile, vzw, nextel etc. phone. I am not sure about carriers outside of the US.
  5. jmw
    Ok, teleflip.com works. It does add "www.teleflip.com" to each message though, which is a bit annoying. However, they are at least nice enough not to cut off any of the message's content. They only add the sig if there is room for it.

Thanks!