Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I have tried out a VZN device several times. It does have data capabilities while roaming in that areas that I traveled. In addition, I was able to have uninterrupted data while in Canada. My question is… is it similar with Sprint now? Last I used Sprint with my ole trusty Samsung i-500 it was useless for data when roaming. In addition, at that time in Canada it only had voice capabilities. Your input is much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am a sprint lover, but I think you will find it to be the same.

I stay only because the coverage is better where I live and I can't beat the Data plan. But Sprint is coming close to releasing DATA ROAMING. But it isn't here yet.
    Data roaming is here, and there are multiple threads on it. You will have data service, voicemail and sms while in Canada as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Data roaming is here, and there are multiple threads on it. You will have data service, voicemail and sms while in Canada as well.
    but that's depending on the device, no?
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
    You are correct - I just got back from a week in Montreal and Mont-Tremblant. My Treo 650 worked fine for voice, but no data access. My wife's BlackBerry 7250 worked fine for both voice and data...

Word to the wise: Sprint charges $0.69/minute for voice - if you pay $3/mo for Canada roaming, it goes down to $0.30. Data costs $.02/KB and can add up if you're doing something like MobiTV...

I'm told the 700p does get data service in Canada, although I don't have personal experience.

Cheers!
    most new sprint plans include free roaming now, at least i know i got free roaming on ,my plan
    Free roaming, yes, but no data while roaming.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by wackochrisoidun View Post
    but that's depending on the device, no?
    You are correct. I assumed because I had a 700p, that was default behavior. It does depend on the phone.