Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Help. My daughter goes to College in Chicago..(we live in Cleveland) and she needs a cheap, not fancy, cell service...

She is a working student and would appreciate all suggestions!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I hope there's 'fancy' cell service. :-)

You may want to share with us the needs of her cell service. Does she need to have data access? (Does she/is she going to use a Treo or equivalent)?

Also, it may be the 'cheapest' if she can just add an extra line to your plan (i.e. family plan). Most carriers offer this at $9.99 per extra line. However, this just covers the voice part. The data plan is another story.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    If she doesn't have a Treo, she may want to look at US Cellular. They have very good customer satisfaction scores in Chicago and have free incoming call plans.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks

No data other than text messaging. We had a service in Cleveland, "North Coast" that charged $39/mo for unlimited local service...aything like that available in Chicago?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I think sprint has some type of option unlimited min to certain numbers type thing available not sure though.