Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    If you have VZ you know what I mean. I just had to get this off my mind.
    They're not too bad, 39.95 for unlimited data access. Not as cheap as others but their coverage is better.
    Whoa, $39.95 is absolutely ridiculous. I feel sorry for Verizon people, although I do envy your bandwidth...

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The coverage is worth it for me...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    VZW is the robber barron of the wireless industry. Overcharging for data, raping customers when they go over the monthly quota (Sprint and Cingular offer customers ways to avoid the $0.45/minute overage charge). The thing that most consumers don't know is as a business partner with VZW, they are the most unethical, monopolistic company to do business with. They will sue you before paying you $ you are legally owed...par for the course with VZW's culture of sulfur that they brew towards their customers and business partners. If you don't believe, take a look at the Litigation section of any VZW SEC filing...you'll get an eyeful.

OK, now I feel better
    I don't even want to start because I won't stop...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I always caution other Verizon subscribers to take the $39.95 all you can eat data plan. Its just too risky to go with one of their less expensive, limited megabyte products especially with software like Versamail that have a tendency to dump their contents requiring you to re-download the contents of your inbox from time to time. The first month I was on the Verizon 20MB/$24 mo plan I went over by mile and racked up $350 in data charges. Needless to say the boys in bookkeeping were neither impressed or sympathetic. I have since switched to the all-you-can-eat data plan. This also reminds me of the time that I switched one aspect of my plan and "lost" my free Verizon to Verizon SMS without being told and then RACKED UP $200 of unexpected text messages. I think the thing that galls me with Verizon, and other carriers is that the bloated, make your skin turn white when you open your bill experiences are almost always when you are on the FIRST MONTH of a new program. I think there ought to be a Federal law that caps the maximum charge that you can get at 100% of the difference between the plan you were on, and the program you SHOULD have been on (therefore, the maximum charge for my data screw-up would have been something like $40 - twice the difference between the $20 dataplan and the $40 unlimited plan) in the first month with a new service plan. Any time a reasonable person is expecting a $50 bill and gets a $450 bill and has no recourse or effective system of being warned, they need to be protected. I will vote for the candidate for the House or Senate that promotes this legislation...
    My biggest complaint is that with the introduction of EVDO, they didn't reduce the cost of the 1xRTT data plan. I'd like to see some sort of options, as I would be more than happy to trade off some speed for a $10-$20 savings.
  9. nrw
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    My biggest complaint is that with the introduction of EVDO, they didn't reduce the cost of the 1xRTT data plan. I'd like to see some sort of options, as I would be more than happy to trade off some speed for a $10-$20 savings.
    Excellent idea! Which, of course, means it will never happen!
    If it's $39.95, then it went down. Didn't it used to be $45? Apparently, Verizon has enough people willing to pay for this data charge. Why should they reduce it if they are making money? I mean, shouldn't a business charge what the market can bear? (BTW, I agree, compared to other companies, it is high. But I have Verizon and the coverage is very good, at least in my area.)
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    another tally point for verizon's coverage. only place i have trouble is in my living room if i'm sitting in my favorite chair, but even the cordless phone has issues there so i guess i have some kind of worm hole in my living room. other than that the coverage is great. lucky for me though i only use webmail on there so i don't have the huge downloads because gmail is nice enough to store them for me. i get by just fine on the 10MB/month plan
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    If it's $39.95, then it went down.
    It's still $44.95 for VZW "unlimited" data plan.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    It was $39.95 for unlimited when I bought my 700p last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    According to the Verizon site, 450 minutes on a phone is $39. With 450 minutes and unlimited data, it is $79. Maybe they just raised the phone plan to $39.
    1) Thread Moved to the proper forum

2) AGREED. Switching from Spint to Verizon made my monthly bill jump nearly fifty bucks, possibly more given VZ's terrible SMS stuff. AND the coverage in my home is terrible terrible terrible. One bar in an urban area on the top floor of an apartment building? unacceptable!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    verizon's plans differ depending on where in the country you live. my parents are in texas and have completely different plans available than those i have here in Utah.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    yes I feel you !!!! I think it's all depend on coverage. Area where i'm at have eccellent sprint coverage and i'm really happy with sprint ( sprint bill is basically half price comparing to VZW bill for about same thing , 450 min and unlimited data)
    I can't imagine if I move to places where my only choice is VZW and have to pay $90 comparing to $55 for Sprint. But I guess you rather pay $90 and be able to use your phone than pay $55 and cannot use your phone because no coverage.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    According to the Verizon site, 450 minutes on a phone is $39. With 450 minutes and unlimited data, it is $79. Maybe they just raised the phone plan to $39.
    This is the new/special 'bundled' offerring. If you choose other voice plans and you want to add unlimited data, it's $44.95. Also, the bundled plan doesn't apply to family plan.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by yuyjust
    yes I feel you !!!! I think it's all depend on coverage. Area where i'm at have eccellent sprint coverage and i'm really happy with sprint ( sprint bill is basically half price comparing to VZW bill for about same thing , 450 min and unlimited data)
    I can't imagine if I move to places where my only choice is VZW and have to pay $90 comparing to $55 for Sprint. But I guess you rather pay $90 and be able to use your phone than pay $55 and cannot use your phone because no coverage.
    That is the exact reason why Verizon is getting away with this $hit.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Weirdest thing I have come across in Verizon is that their text message plans only cover messages to other Verizon phones. Some parents have been getting some wild text message bills. I vote Verizon most likely to drop a $350 bill at your door. My company negotiated a 27% discount with Sprint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast