Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    the Katana is not even evdo...bleh
    I don't even like the Katana...Sprints lineup has been week. The only phone I like is the Blade and it is an awesome phone. My wife loves her Blade.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbkm85
    the razr's ghey anyways...my grandmother has one for pete's sake!
    Hence, the reason why the razr sells. Even your grandma digs them. (No offense to seniors here.) It's appealing to a bigger demograhics than other phones.
    The old lady that works at my local Supermarket has one.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I think Sprint has serious image issue, I have recently talked to 3 of my friends who currently on T-Mobile ( 2 of them is currently mo-mo, and 1 about to get out of contract in 2 mo) and they all for one reason or the other hate T-Mobile right now.

1st friend : she had it with T-Mobile charging her arms and legs for taxes ( ok not T-Mobile's false for charging tax) her plan is basic $29.99/month and her tax is $8-12 depend on her overage ( yes she went over her minute almost every month but still never call and change her plan lol). I told to switch to Sprint because my sprint's tax is less than her and my monthly charge is $120 ( I have 3 line family plan) and my taxes is only $6.06 and live like 3 door down so our billing addy is almost identical, plus F&F plan would def save her money when she go over her min. Her reply was I don't like sprint because when she go out of country she can't use sprint phone, and I was like WTH???? and try to convince her that she still can keep her T-Mo phone and use it when she go out to europe or Asia (the kicker is she only go out of country maybe 1 week every year lol). she said she is changing to Cingular after her contract expire in couple month because of ROLLOVER. Are you kidding me????? if you can't use your monthly minute, how on earth you gonna use a pool of left over min (they only give you 12 mo then it will be reset). Who ever come up with ROLLOVER idea for cingular is due for huge bonus imo. She is 55 years old divorced, retired parent (and grand parent)

2nd friend: he has RAZR (magenta or whatever that color is) on T-Mo and his contract is long gone. He's not happy because he want phone and carrier that support better wireless internet on handset. I told him he should be happy with Sprint, his reply after he check out Sprint's website was ''Dude their phone are all ugly'', ''there is no way in h** I'm using that phone''. So basically it stop there, never get to discuss about voice plan or data plan for Sprint. He is 20 years old, art student.
    3rd friend: She's been using T-Mo for 6 years and alway have racked up overage on way or the other for as long as I know her (she's the kind that doesnt care to look at the bill, use and just pay type). Last month I saw her bill and I was like WTF ????. She has $39.99 1500 anytime min, no N/W. and $3 for 300 SMS. She normally use like 500 min/month so she has no problem with voice's side of bill but she had already used 769 SMS so far and still has 9 days left in current billing cycle (that's already $47 of SMS overage), so I called T-Mo for her and see if they can do anything for her if she would renew her contract. All they can do is back dated the unlimited SMS plan for $9.99 on the account so she doesnt have to pay SMS overage nothing more nothing less. After I hung up I told her maybe she should be thinking about really switching and proceed to tell her about my Plan with Sprint ( I have $69.99 family shared plan for 800 min, n/w start at 7pm, no roaming, no long distance, discounted Powervision on all 3 phone, unlimited mobile to mobile, free unlimited SMS to 3 phone, free FIMF on all 3 phone, insurance on all 3 phone after 25% corp discount, royalty discount, credit and taxes my bill come to about $75/month. Don't ask me how I got all that, I've been sprint customer for almost 7 years and happy with what I got). Remember her T-Mo bill is already almost as high as my Sprint's bill ( $39.99 voice + $9.99 SMS = $49.98 + $9 tax = $58.98). She said she doesnt want to change to Sprint because when she go hiking, offroading, or skiing she would not have any signal up in or near the mountain (she know that because my phone would have no signal whenever I go with her and our friend sometime). Some how her T-Mo's phone still have just barely enought signal to stay alive. But for crying out loud who would want to make a call when you are in state park ?? or when you are snowboarding ??? I can understand her arguement that if she need it in emergency she will have cell phone to call, OK make sense but I know whenever she go out there she alway forgot to charge her phone or her phone would die around half day of adventure trip anyway. I alway advise
    her to think about buying one of those Settlelite phone to keep in her back pack (after all with all the overages she's been paying T-Mo over the year im pretty sure she can probably afford 4-5 of those sattlelite phone.... LOL).
    She is 27, professional, single, educated enough to hold a really good and respectable job.

and what's not Sprint you ask??? let see:

50+ years old female that more worried about ROLLOVER min.
    20 something years old student who care more about fashion of a phone than actual plan
    26 years old female professional who love adventure and alway venture out far from major highway and sprint strong coverage area.

So what does that leave Sprint with ????? ME !!!!!!!!! 26 year old, Male, Mobile professional who love to be connected all the time, Tech geek, and best of all really like to save money on my cell phone bill. (no wonder Sprint is in for a "bumpy" ride .... )

Sorry it's a long rant and had a really long day today. I'm tired and can't really sleep so just fired up my laptop and type. Now it's time to hit the bed ZZZzzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by yuyjust
    So what does that leave Sprint with ????? ME !!!!!!!!! 26 year old, Male, Mobile professional who love to be connected all the time, Tech geek, and best of all really like to save money on my cell phone bill. (no wonder Sprint is in for a "bumpy" ride .... )

Sorry it's a long rant and had a really long day today. I'm tired and can't really sleep so just fired up my laptop and type. Now it's time to hit the bed ZZZzzzzzzz
    I feel you...Sprint has no market to what they have to offer or any strategy, and they have alot to offer with pricing and plan options but they aren't letting people know in away that they will remember and their phone lineup is hurting due to the investments they have made over the past year and in the near future with 4G comming. Only if they had a better network to offer and the network has gotten alot better though.
    Last edited by KStewart; 08/09/2006 at 08:10 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12