1.    #1  
    So, I bought a phone online that said it had a clear ESN, only to find it did not. It belonged to a company, whom I tried tirelessly to contact. After finally calling Sprint CS to get the company's contact info, I spent an hour on the phone with them finally trying to clear the ESN for me. After a while, they told me it was listed as private and to go to a store and ask for a C Backform (?). I did this, and the guy told me it was probably listed as stolen, so there was no contact info and would be impossible to clear. ANYBODY have any suggestions, or did I just buy an expensive paperweight. Also, does anyone know how to contact Sprint's fraud division? On the same subject, if I can't figure a way to clear this ESN I have a PERFECT Treo 650 to sell for parts. Everything's in great shape.

Steve
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    If you buy it from eBay, you better contact eBay as they have a dept dedicated to frauds etc. If you buy via eBay AND PayPal, you should be well covered.

Cannot comment on other online retailers or auction sites.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  3.    #3  
    It was ebay and paypal, and I just completed a dispute. I just don't want this to take forever, I want a working phone. Oh well.

Steve
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Usually the dispute process takes a long time. Well, at least you should have some peace of mind as you did it via the eBay+Paypal combo which should provide you coverage up to US$1000 according to the policy in this URL. (BTW, if the seller is not an eBay 'verified' seller, the coverage is reduced to US$200. See this link.)

If you want a working phone fast you may want to get another one somewhere.
    Last edited by webedc; 07/27/2006 at 02:48 PM.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I've completed three disputes through Paypal and all have worked to my advantage. Max time is about 30 days. Sometimes done in two weeks.

Just a little, but obvious tidbit: if you're an eBay seller, do what I do. Take a photo of the buyer's package at the post office, after you've paid the postage. And always get a tracking #.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.