1.    #1  
    I'm kind of married to Sprint since most of my company is on them and we have a great deal right now. I really want to upgrade from my trusty Treo 650, but they don't have much that appeals to me either in the store now or rumored to be coming. The 700P isn't enough of an upgrade to get me excited (I live in an area with no EVDO). The 6700 specs look pretty good, but it's been out for quite a while and I have to believe something will blow past it in the near future. Sprint might someday offer the 700W, but I've concluded after reading this forum daily that it's crippled by too little memory.

What's a guy to do? I don't know of any rumored pda phones coming to Sprint worth waiting for, and it seems when ever a good unit makes it to the US it's GSM. Do you think my company would be better served moving to a GSM provider to gain access to more variety? It seems cool GSM PDA phones outnumber cool CDMA PDA phones at least 3-1. Is this a fact of life that I can expect to continue? Or just a recent phenom that will reverse itself?
    I think your company should make its decisions based on what's best for the bottom line, and what provider offers the best service where its employers live and work. And NOT on who offer 'cool' phones.

It sounds to me like your 650 works fine, and does what you need it to do. Why not keep it, and spend the money on something that will make a real difference. Or better yet, save it?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the need to buy something 'new and cool' just for the sake of buying something 'new and cool.'
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    I know it sounds frivolous, but most of us really do use all the features the 650 offers and are actually frustrated at it's limitations. The heaviest of users have beat the 650 up and it's time to replace them. Also, we make plenty of money to be able to afford what ever phone we want. 10 $600 phones won't bring us down. I want access to the best equipment available, not what Sprint decides they will carry. Most of my concern centers around the fact that these phones are generally developed overseas where GSM is king. Powerful Sprint/Verizon CDMA devices have been rare in comparison.
    I agree with you brother. I love my Sprint 650, but want to try something new. The 700p doesn't give me much of an upgrade, I don't live in an EVDO area, and I see no new exciting phones on the horizan. I want a Palm os Q.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I believe the 700w will come out in mid to late August. But if you're concerned with the memory, I guess you'll have to play the waiting game.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    GSM has more options. This is a FACT. I doubt that a replacement for the 6700 comes out before the end of the year. I think this because I doubt they get EvDO Rev. A out before then. This is somewhat of a feature limiter in regards to the 6700. Might be worth it to buy now and upgrade again later. Doesn't sound like you are hurting for cash.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I think your company should make its decisions based on what's best for the bottom line, and what provider offers the best service where its employers live and work. And NOT on who offer 'cool' phones.

It sounds to me like your 650 works fine, and does what you need it to do. Why not keep it, and spend the money on something that will make a real difference. Or better yet, save it?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the need to buy something 'new and cool' just for the sake of buying something 'new and cool.'
    That's why I have 3 unlocked/unbranded GSM phones!
    I hear Sprint is getting the 700wx with 64 megs of user acessible memory.

Expected Release date Late Aug/early Sep.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    The PPC6700 is a great phone/microcomputer if you're into that kind of thing. On account of being more computer-like, it's a little less pleasant to use than a Treo... but Windows Mobile phones don't get much better.