1.    #1  
    In early June, I bought a new Sprint 700p. I just now looked at the bill, and realized Sprint charged me approx $36.00 for new activation for my Treo 700p. This is in addition to charging me an extra $5/month for the 100 text messages per month that used to be free (no longer now).

Sprint is really pissing me off! Anytime I do anything with my Sprint plan, they always end up charging me more, plus getting my phone bill screwed up for months and months.

Anyone have this experience? Thanks.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I haven't seen my new bill yet Casey (afraid to look ), but, I was told that I was being given a credit for the activation fee at the time I purchased the Treo (the amount I was being credited was, including everything, about $700+) and that if I saw the charges appear again to please understand that this credit was intended to offset this. Did you get a similar type of credit perhaps?
    Most new service plans have an activation charge - this is not a secret. Like the man said - be sure to read the fine print before signing.
    Activating a new handset should have an $18 charge. If you're a new customer, activation of the new line should cost $36....Both charges could've been easily waived if you called CS and asked them to do so. You can probably still get it waived if you call in.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Just call and get upset. Their system automates some fees. Every time I switch my plan I get a $150 fee tacked on for canceling a plan (which I didn't) but one call the take off the fee and give me 50 minutes or something. So I would just call.
    they charged me 36 dollars and hit my wife with 18 because I gave her my 650 . Thought that was crazy for trading up plus adding vision to my wifes phone and unlimited text on mine called them up and they removed the 54 dollars
    Fred
    Email ecare and ask for a credit.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys for the advice. I finished calling a Sprint rep who was helpful in crediting back $34 on next month's bill. I essentially said to the guy that I was unaware of this charge, and I want it removed. It worked.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism
    Email ecare and ask for a credit.

Agree I had to do it last month for 3 lines.(got credits)

Ask them this question:

Why does sprint give a $150 rebate for a new phone and without telling you take away $36 to hook up the phone they gave you? Its a very deceptive practice?

Why not tell the customer the rebate is actually $114
    How can you say they don't tell you? It's clearly stated on the website if you are buying online.

It's in the contract if you get it at the store. While I can't speak for all Sprint employees I make it a point to tell ALL my customers about the fee as on of the first things when someone is upgrading or activating a new line and mention it again when I explain the basics of the contract they sign...
    Telesales may be another story. I don't know about their practices.

FWIW I don't care for the policy but they other carriers charge act fees and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $won$'$t$ $waive$ $them$ $for$ $any$ $reason$.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    One more thing AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $OP$ $should$ $never$ $have$ $been$ $charged$ $for$ $swapping$ $his$ $650$ $to$ $his$ $wife$'$s$ $line$.

Activating any new phone will get charged a fee, but activating a phone that is used should not. Either way I'm glad he was able to get the fees waived...yes I know it's a pain to call CC but if it takes an hour and you save $54 that makes it worth the time IMO.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com