1.    #1  
    I had a very cool thing -- my last four digits were the same as my home phone number, and my wife was able to change hers so she had the same last four numbers as well.

Well, I'm an *****. A few years ago, I jumped to T-Mo for the sidekick, and came back to sprint for the 600. But I lost my number. I know, I should've paid to keep the number, I just didn't even think about that as an option for some reason.

Anyway -- does anyone know how to request a specific number? They used to be able to give you like 6 or 7 phone numbers to pick from, and they kept looking until I liked one at that point... Do I need a business account to do this? Thoughts? Help!
    If you buy online, you get what's next in line

If you buy in carriers store, you may get choice of ten

If you buy from all carriers store, you may get to peek at a couple of hundred.

If ya number is taken, call the guy and offer him money
  3.    #3  
    Well, I have no problem calling the guy and trying to bribe him, but I need to know if it's possible to go with him to the sprint store and get them swapped. or even if he's a sprint customer!!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Nope. Not possible. When a number is deactivated, it's left "inactive" for a certain amount of time so that people stop calling it. Sprint will only be able to give you 10 numbers at a time. Good luck finding that.

You could try. Personally, I would just dial the area code and number and see who answers.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    That "time" is now miniscule. I lost touch with a friend from high school days and finally got his cell phone number in early December.....I talked to him twice before XMas....On Feb 2, i found out I would be in Boston (35 miles from him) this July and I called him....a chick answered the phone who never heard of anyone by that name.

That's the worst of the 4 or 5 experiences I have had in this regard in the last 18 months.
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    That "time" is now miniscule. I lost touch with a friend from high school days and finally got his cell phone number in early December.....I talked to him twice before XMas....On Feb 2, i found out I would be in Boston (35 miles from him) this July and I called him....a chick answered the phone who never heard of anyone by that name.

That's the worst of the 4 or 5 experiences I have had in this regard in the last 18 months.
    that sucks...

ever get ahold of him?
    blake!

Sprint Centro