Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My 700p now works in northwest Ohio. it isn't evdo but at least it is working.
    data roaming on our sprint 700ps started working this morning on u.s. cellular netwprk outerbanks nc (ocracoke). good speed evdo, http,pop,smtp . was getting error 67 for five days, tier two said login functional today and it was..funny thing is evdo vision working, non power vision phone with latest prl not.
  3.    #23  
    There are reports of data roaming capability via Sprint phone on Alltel network in Ohio and Michigan. Anyone else try? Will only work on Treo 700p of Treo phones. Have to have a PRL 20218 or newer.

http://www.evdoforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3001
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I'm going to Canada this weekend. Will I be able to data Roam for free there?

Thanks,

Al
  5.    #25  
    ^Not anymore. I think there is now a charge to data roam in Canada. Not certain though.
    I just called Sprint and the guy told me that there is no charge for using my data plan in Canada. That is cool, the only thing is that I would have to pay 0.60 cents to make phone calls. But I guess it is fine.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I just called Sprint and the guy told me that there is no charge for using my data plan in Canada. That is cool, the only thing is that I would have to pay 0.60 cents to make phone calls. But I guess it is fine.

Al
    Please let us know once you get back and check your bill, I go to Canada often and would like to know before I start using it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post

Al
    Any update on your experience?
    Thanks.
    FYI - Just got back from Montreal...my wife used her Sprint BlackBerry 7250 and we were charged $.02/KB for data. This is consistent with what Sprint CS told me before we left. (She has the Unlimited BlackBerry Power Vision plan.)

Cheers!
    I just got back from Vancouver. It was nice... I got EVDO Roaming at the airport and man... I was amazed by the speed. However, in Vancounver and other surrounding areas I just got 1x. It was fast though, but I was under the impression that all Vancouver was gonna be EVDO ready. Anyway our Treo Data Plans are different from Blackberries plans. I have checked my current usage on the Sprint website and there is no mention of data roaming charges. Though my bill gets generated on October 5th. I guess I will know for sure on that day, but I'm not looking forward to see any charges because I was told that I would not get charge roaming for using my data plan or sending text messages from Canada.

Al
    Yep, I got my bill and I wasn't charge an extra penny for EVDO roaming in Canada. It just feels so good..!

Al
  12.    #32  
    Alltel/Sprint data roaming now works in NW Missouri, even in Amish country.
    Can someone please verify that data roaming does NOT work with Alltel and a 650? I have a user here that has a 650 on Alltel, and is paying for data roaming, and until searching just now I wasn't aware of this. I just want to double-check before i send him to Alltel to cancel a service his phone cannot support.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12