Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    oh I know. well my boyfriends knows too. he's in no rush to get the 700. he is jealous of my evdo but he's fine. He's happy now. He plans on waiting another year or so and then going through the same route to get the 700. But I do appreciate your advice. Thanks! and omg I'm on the Treo right now typing all this! heh
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Umlimited text: $8 (couldn't keep it for 5 because the $5 is only for regular vision, not PV)
    Yeah, I got something like that too. I was on $5 Unlimited Text Messaging before my plan switch. The CSR told me that I would get to keep my unlimited when I went to a PowerVision plan. Then I looked online and saw I was now being charged $8 for Unlimited SMS. When I called to complain about that unadvertised upcharge I found out the original CSR had also given me an $8 monthly credit for the term of the 2 year contract (those credits don't show up online). I just verified on my paper statement.

ERic
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Yeah, I got something like that too. I was on $5 Unlimited Text Messaging before my plan switch. The CSR told me that I would get to keep my unlimited when I went to a PowerVision plan. Then I looked online and saw I was now being charged $8 for Unlimited SMS. When I called to complain about that unadvertised upcharge I found out the original CSR had also given me an $8 monthly credit for the term of the 2 year contract (those credits don't show up online). I just verified on my paper statement.

ERic
    Yeah, when I was calling to change my plan and get the PV, the guy said he couldn't let me keep the $5 unlimited text because I was now upgrading to PV. And I kept defending it saying, "but that other guy said..." and finally he told me "I can give you unlimited text for $8 and give you the $25 PV plan for $15" And of course I said, "oh, okay. I'm happy now." lol
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    You should really search out the SERO plan and try to get switched into it check out this thread

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=278318

and the SERO thread right here on TC

500 Minutes = $30.00
    1250 Minutes = $49.99
    2500 Minutes = $99.99

ALL SERO PLANS COME WITH:
    - Unlimited Sprint Vision or Power Vision
    - Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    - Unlimited Sprint Picture Mail
    - Unlimited Roaming
    - Unlimited Nights & Weekends (Starts @ 9PM)
    - Nationwide Long Distance
    - Crystal Clear Calls
    - Voice Mail
    - Caller ID
    - Call Waiting
    - Numeric Paging
    - Three-Way Calling

You can add to this or try to get sprint to add stuff for free
    Holy crap, how'd you get "Crystal Clear Calls" on SERO?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Note that the two year discount for reupping ($75 or whatever?) gets reset each time you activate a new phone. So even if tomorrow you are entitled to a $75 rebate on a new phone for having been with them two years, if you activate a new phone you bought on Ebay today, it'll be another two years.
    FWIW, I got my 650 in December off eBay, and activated it without my 2-yr agreement getting reset (which surprised me). May have been since it had just been reset 3 months earlier?
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    FWIW, I got my 650 in December off eBay, and activated it without my 2-yr agreement getting reset (which surprised me). May have been since it had just been reset 3 months earlier?
    You can activate a new phone at any time without getting your contract reset. The thing that is reset, however, is the clock on when you can get one of those "new for me" discounts whereby you get a $75 rebate on a phone in exchange for agreeing to a new contract. In reality, retentions gives you deals that are ten times better, but for those who don't hang out on smartphone forums on the weekend, it's better than the alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    You can activate a new phone at any time without getting your contract reset. The thing that is reset, however, is the clock on when you can get one of those "new for me" discounts whereby you get a $75 rebate on a phone in exchange for agreeing to a new contract. In reality, retentions gives you deals that are ten times better, but for those who don't hang out on smartphone forums on the weekend, it's better than the alternative.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear in my original post. For whatever reason, my "upgrade time" was still September as well, not December. I asked specifically about it, with several different CSR's and the Retentions people when I was 700 shopping.

EDIT: The more I think about it, I'm sure it was just an oversight on the part of whoever activated my Treo.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Every once in awhile i get a "crystal clear call" but the fun part is when i ask my freind at work to check a sports score hes like "i gotta go outside to get a signal" uh verizon i guess you cant here him now huh Me like Sprint and the SERO plan.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12