Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Ok, I have a friend on Nextel (I used to be on Nextel...thus my bogus avatar). They want to switch from Nextel to Sprint so that they can get a Treo 700p or a PPC 6700. Has anyone moved to Sprint from Nextel and is it an easy process? I keep hearing from other friends that it was fine but does anyone know if they are offering any deals on the 700p or ppc6700 for Nextel users to switch? It would suck to have to pay $599 for the phone just to switch to the other side of your (supposedly) current provider. Can you get the same type of deal Sprint retentions is giving out if you plan to move to another provider?

All questions that I thought were cool to ask...I just didn't have answers for them. Any help from others' experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    A person in logistics at work switched from Nextel to Sprint with ease, and they gave him a discount on the 650 when he got it...now he's mad he didn't wait for the 700p. As to any deals being garanteed or any offers for the 700p...I don't know. Call them and start dealing, and I bet they won't be disapointed.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Ok, I have a friend on Nextel (I used to be on Nextel...thus my bogus avatar). They want to switch from Nextel to Sprint so that they can get a Treo 700p or a PPC 6700. Has anyone moved to Sprint from Nextel and is it an easy process? I keep hearing from other friends that it was fine but does anyone know if they are offering any deals on the 700p or ppc6700 for Nextel users to switch? It would suck to have to pay $599 for the phone just to switch to the other side of your (supposedly) current provider. Can you get the same type of deal Sprint retentions is giving out if you plan to move to another provider?

All questions that I thought were cool to ask...I just didn't have answers for them. Any help from others' experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
    When I went from AT & T to Cingular (post merger) so from Cingular Blue to Orange I was logged in as a "new customer".
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21

I switched from Nextel to Sprint back in January and purchased a Treo 650. They will waive the ETF for switching to the Sprint side but will charge you an additional $75 on top of the cost for a new phone at new activation price. This means, given the current new activation price today of $400 for the Treo 700p on Sprint's site, it will cost you $475 if you are switching from Nextel.
    Seems dumb ... they gonna charge $400 to come over from Verizon or Cingular but $475 to come over from Nextel ?
    He was only eligoble for a $75 rebate. You rebate eligibility status transfers from Sprint to Nextel and vice-versa. If you are eligible for a full upgrade you get the new customer price, no ETF and no activation fee.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    He was only eligible for a $75 rebate. You rebate eligibility status transfers from Sprint to Nextel and vice-versa. If you are eligible for a full upgrade you get the new customer price, no ETF and no activation fee.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com