1.    #1  
    Ok guys, I need your help. My cell phone bill is out of control and I need your suggestions. Here's my current plan:

I have 2 phones. My Treo 600 and my wife's regular cell phone.

PCS Free & Clear Plan

* $30.00 PCS Free & Clear Plan
    * Minutes Are Shared On This Plan
    * All Minutes Include Long Distance
    * 300 Anytime Minutes
    * Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes
    * Nights: M-Th 8PM-7AM Wknd: F 8PM-M 7AM
    * Caller ID, Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail
    * Additional Anytime Minutes $.40 Per Min.

I pay $49.00 per month but I use text messaging and picture mail alot and the additional fees are a killer.

No text messaging or picture mail is included. It's all extra. After the extras and taxes my bill is over $100 per month

My contract expired on 11/4/2004

So.. what's out there for me? Anyway to get a better deal?

Thanks for your help guys!
    ok retention is the way to go im with sprint . i have 2 lines me and my daughter i have the 700p and she has the a900 we share 2000 min $99
    pcs to pcs is free
    nights start at 6pm free
    unlimited text my line 10$ her's is free
    long distance call waiting caller id all that is included
    my bill is about $150 a month
    we both have edvo, insurance , i have voice dial for $7.50
    to make a long story short use retention its the way to go . they will do what they can to keep you
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 06/25/2006 at 05:41 PM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    also picture mail is included . as you can see i get alot for the amount i spend
    edvo was $25 i got a discount and now its $15 my daughters line is free . so just look and see what you use the most they will work with you on the extras but the min plan remains the same .i get the company discount and i get 15% off my bill every month . so it all adds up just checked my bill and with the new changes my bill is less then when i had the 650 . its 4o$ cheaper,
    i hope it helps i love the 700p and so far sprint has been good to me
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
  4.    #4  
    So do I just call them and say that I am thinking of switching carriers, what can you do for me?
    Make sure you connect to retentions and not regular CS.

Also, when speaking with retentions, tell them about some sort of deal you're being offered from a competitor such as Verizon. Sprint is known to pricematch competing phones so if you say something like Verizon is offering you and your wife two Razr's for $70 or something, they might give you two a900's for the same price or better. Use a comparible phone (or PDA) from another company and Sprint will try and match it. Be nice with the CSR and never tell them what to do. Instead, allow them to do the work for you.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFuture
    Make sure you connect to retentions and not regular CS.
    How do I make sure I get retentions? Is there a separate number to call?
    no just call and ask to be connected to retention . and yes be nice you know that old saying you catch more bees with honey then you do with vinager.
    Tell them you have an offer form another carrier make sure its a phone that you want, dont call and say any old phone know what it is you want and what you are willing to pay .
    good luck and let us know how you made out.
    they will give you a good deal
    1-800-658-7564

That's usually retentions/customer service with little to no hold time. Good luck!