1.    #1  
    Just so you all know, I spoke with a Sprint rep in Customer Retention today inquiring about adding another phone (what a frustrating experience, thus my trip to CR), and she mentioned that the 650 has an "end of life" date of 06/16 in her system. I asked her to explain, and she said that she's showing that the 700p will effectively replace the 650 (no clue on pricing) after 06/16, and that new customers will not be able to get the 650, unless a local store has one in stock.

Can anyone else confirm or refute this? I'm looking at adding another 650 to my plan (close friend), and may opt to sell my 650 to him, if Sprint is willing to deal on the 700.
    Yes, I saw a little chart when I went to my local Sprint store that shows the 650 being in EOL status around that date. Only way to get one then is to go to a store that still has them or get a refurb from Palm or Sprint.
    How will this effect getting a replacement through lockline? And when do you think they might start replacing 650s with 700s?
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    ^^

yeah really..that's what i would like to know!
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    i wonder as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    How will this effect getting a replacement through lockline? And when do you think they might start replacing 650s with 700s?
    I saw a post on another forum of someone being told when he comes in to get his 4th 650, he'll actually be getting a 700p
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    hey kd - I think it would be a while (unless it is for customer sat reasons) before Sprint starts replacing 650's w/700's. I bet there will be a ton of 650 refurbs for a while.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    will the 650 still be available through telesales/retentions?
  9.    #9  
    I don't believe so, as they were the source of the information last week. I wonder if the dropping of the 650 will affect the price of the 700 as well.
    This kind of sucks for those users in non evdo areas that don't want the 700 just yet.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

11. wzl
    So.. I lost my freakin T650 last Thursday night/Friday morning. I pay for the lockline service. They cover loss, right? Any idea if it's possible to persuade them into giving a 700p instead? I'd be happy just to get another 650, but it'd be slick to get the 700 =)
    I don't think they will assuming they have lots of 650's in stock.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    yeah. i'm sure they wont run out for a while
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    The Shift button on my 650's keyboard got stuck last weekend, causing my phone to become mostly unusable. I expected to get a refurbished 650 (would have been my 3rd replacement, all b/c of keyboard buttons getting stuck), that I could pick up in a few days, but the rep came back with my SD card in one hand, and a 700p with a manual, disk, etc. in the other........

I just stood there quietly until he gave me the phone. I said thanks, and then I was gone!
    Bok