1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I received a replacement 650 via insurance. Well this new one has the headset jack problem. I went to a local store, where they "fixed" it once. But the problem promptly came back 1 day later, and has steadily gotten worse. I called Sprint and talked to them, they were of no help, they said go to the store and have them fix it. Grrr. I was upset a bit but, by the end of phone call, I had relaxed. Well I went back to the aforementioned store where they said they are going to replace it! What I would really like to do though is to upgrade to the 700P. How should I go about asking for an upgrade. I have been with Sprint for about 6 years and I have 2 Treos on on separate lines, unlimited data, and SMS on one. No contracts. How much help from Sprint do you think I could get in upgrading?
    Last edited by NRG; 06/12/2006 at 09:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    call retentions. they will be able to help

*2 and say "cancel service" and then talk to them

post up and let me know what they tell you..
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Hey NGR....wassup?? You usually have all the answers

I think blake is right. Talk to retention
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions, but I had already gotten my 700P by the time Blake had posted. But here is my story anyways for enjoyment.

Well my 650 had sh*t the bed on me on Tuesday, meaning the headset jack problem went in to full broken mode. I called Sprint and told them my issues with the headset jack. I then asked what they could do for me as far as help in upgrading to the the 700P. The first lady I spoke to said, "Goto the store and buy a new 700P, and we will reimburse your phone bill for the full the full cost of the new phone." I said let me think about that, I will call back.

Then I tried retentions. The first lady was very nice and understood where I was coming from. I told them Verizon was offering the phone for $399, and I thought if they could match it they might save themselves some money this way. They agreed to match Verizon's deal for the 700 and said they would match that price with, my phone bill! I thought sweet!! A new 700P for close to nothing, all I would have to pay is sales tax.

So the whole next day I waited for the sweet roar of the UPS man's truck. Well 4:30p rolled around and the UPS man never showed! I thought, maybe I should call to get a tracking number. So I did just that I called. Well I spoke to retentions, who originally placed my order, and they said, "You order was rejected.". Well this got a little under my, since I had told them I would upgrade my plans and agree to a 2 year contract, so I could get the deal. So I kindly asked, "So they rejected my order? Well can you check and see if my 2 year contract and plan changes are in there?". Sure enough, I have a fresh 2 year contract on my bill and all the options which I had added to my line. At this point I say "Since my order has been denied, let's repeal some of these things I agreed to," I continue "let's start with that 2 year contract,.... get that off there. Then let's get the unlimited SMS and unlimited data removed on the second line." Then the retentions lady says "you have got a $250 credit from us on there as well". I reply "If there is a 2 year contract involved get it out of there.". Silence. Then the lady says "OK", "How much are you willing to pay for the 700P? You know it is close to a $700 phone, right?" I then proceed to tell her "I am quite aware as this would be my fourth Treo model. What I would like is the original offer you folks extended to me, that full reimbursement for the cost of the phone would be applied to my monthly bill." she states "Is $399 too much for you to pay for this phone?" to which I retort, "I am sitting here w/ a business phone that is crapped out, cannot use, no work getting done, and I need my phone. All I am looking for is maybe something that comes close to your original offer". She then tells me "I can waive the 2 year contract, give you $250 credit on your bill, plus another $150 spread out a couple of months, plus send it overnight to you w/ shipping fees waived.". I pause for a minute, then ask "Can I goto the store and do this, as you can understand I need this phone for business, and it is 4:30 today so I don't think I would have a phone till Friday if shipped from you folks." She agreed, that it would not get there by Thrus. and said "Yes, you can go into the store, and we will still apply the credits to your account". So I left and had my new 700P within' a half hour.

All told I was out of pocket $300 w/ sales tax included. So the way I view it, once I sell my 650 for 220-250 maybe less, I will only be $50 take a few out of pocket. With no contracts!

Thanks Sprint!1
    Last edited by NRG; 06/15/2006 at 09:55 AM.