Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all...

Just FYI: I saw a note under my invoice on Sprint's website that they will be now charging Sprint PCS customers for incoming text messages from another Sprint PCS Customer. In other words, if you receive a text message from a fellow Sprint PCS customer, you will be charged for that incoming text message. Currently (until July 1st) incoming text messages are free. It costs only to send.

Man does this suck or what??? I guess we are getting penny pinched!

Just a heads up for July!!!
    Run that by me again? Don't want to be too hasty before I chime in.

Is there a Sprint Web/URL link that describes this in detail? What about SMS spam...I've been getting that off and on for the past few months.
  3.    #3  
    see the attached pic i took from my account status page. The wording under the text message descriptions when you pretend to sign up for a new service states to send or receive 100 text messages for $5. send or receive. cost..not just send.

I guess if you have a purchased text messaging plan, then they count incoming text as part of your allowed quota, unless you have unlimited text messaging. This seems to apply to the causal text'er that only texts a few times a month. They want you to sign up for the $5 text messaging plan so they can milk more money up front.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IF SPRINT DOES THIS IM THRU WITH THEM **** EM
    Isn't this the same practice that all the other carriers currently follow? I just came from Cingular and that is their policy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Not sure I believe this guy. The way they state that seems awfully clumsy for a major communications company and the spacing of the text tends to make me think it was composed by someone else.
  7.    #7  
    Why would I be **iting you? I simply capture the text with a screen capture program as I couldn't copy and paste it from sprint's website! No manipulation in the image that was captured.

I understand that maybe sprint is one of the last carriers to start charging for incoming text messages, but I don't really care about other carriers as I've been with sprint for almost 10 years!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Hold on a sec...I've been paying for INCOMING messages with Sprint for the last year. I was pretty ticked off when I discovered the charges (my previous provider, U.S. Cellular, does not charge for incoming). How did you get free incoming for the last year?
    Nothing indicating that on my billing page. I have unlimited SMS for $15 a month and make use of it. Ben
  10.    #10  
    I've been using the sprint vision unlimited data for the last several years starting with the treo 300 then the Treo 600 until now. I was only paying 10 bucks a month for unlimited data and unlimited text messages! I'm loosing my unlimited texting priviledges after they gave me texting for 1 more year free. I simply just saw this customer warning on my online bill page. I didn't know they had already started charging for incoming texts already for other customers. Sorry to hear! Again just FYI for those that are unaware!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I have always payed for my incoming text. I once thought text were free to other Sprint phones... damn that was an expensive lesson.
    Man i'm glad im not in the same boat as you guys, i get 500 texts for 7 pounds a month, and thats just to send! But you do get a massive saving on data, unlimited data here costs 50 pounds on top of you price plan.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Man i'm glad im not in the same boat as you guys, i get 500 texts for 7 pounds a month, and thats just to send! But you do get a massive saving on data, unlimited data here costs 50 pounds on top of you price plan.
    Ouch...that's equivalent to roughly $92 USD for unlimited data. Sorry to hear that.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Not sure I believe this guy. The way they state that seems awfully clumsy for a major communications company and the spacing of the text tends to make me think it was composed by someone else.
    Nope, it's on my Sprint account page too.

I have unlimited txt on my line, but all the add-a-phone lines I have get charged $0.10 for each txtmsg I send to them. Been that way for the two years I've been sharing minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ditto, I always payed $0.02 for incoming. No difference to me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I have always payed for my incoming text. I once thought text were free to other Sprint phones... damn that was an expensive lesson.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I pay $.10... Well not now, but that week I did. Sad Panda.
    I'm glad I have unlimited texts on my daughters line, over 1000 texts every month. Next year she starts high school, so I know its gonna get worse.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    When I called Sprint over the weekend they said they are looking into changing the Power Vision plans to incorporate text since so many people are complaining about having to pay extra. We'll see if there is any truth behind that eventually.
    I am with Cingular, I have never been charged for text.
    It's a part of my $20 a mo unlimited data.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Damn, you look JUST like someone I saw in the Olney, Md a few weeks ago.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast