1.    #1  
    I have read a lot of posts on this topic but cant find a clear answer. Can someone please tell me what is the best strategy to get a 700p and SERO plan for a NEW Sprint customer? Thanks in advance.
    No one strategy. Everyone has their own story.

I opened my SERO account 2/28/06, thinking the program was going to be yanked in March.

Returned the $19.99 Samsung on receipt w/o openning the box. Called back to SERO saying I would get a Treo 650 and found out I could get a better deal on the 650 at the store than thru them and they marked the account that I was going to do this.

Never went to the store. 3 months later called (once the 700p was out): SERO (could not give me a 700P), got transfered to Customer Care (could only give me $499), got transferred to Retention (they had no issue with giving me the current new line, new contract price of $399 and also refunded the 3 months the account was open with no phone.)

Although it may be hard for you to open your SERO three months ago now, at this point.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/07/2006 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juancho
    I have read a lot of posts on this topic
    You've already performed the best strategy.
    Ok, thanks to all who have posted their experience on the SERO plan. After multiple attempts of calling the SERO hotline, I gave up and went to the sprint store with some prinouts of the SERO plan for leverge. The rep was not familiar with the plan, but after talking with the manager they gave me the OK to get SERO with a new 700p. But... then came the discount on the phone. They only wanted to give me $150 off the phone to bring it down to $500. I know from reading this forum that I was being taken to the cleaners so I whined and gripped and said that I was pretty sure that I could get an extra $100 off. The guy went back to the manager and sure enough they has a secret code to give me an extra $100 off the phone to bring it down to $399. I know that not a total steel given what some people have posted, but hey thats the best I could do. So there you go folks, go into the Sprint sore with the SERO printout and see what they can do for you!!! I'm stoked! My last phone was a treo600 so this is a huge upgrade for me... Thanks to all...
    I humbly apologize for my ignorance ..... brand new member, Cingular customer but thinking of going to Sprint and a 700p. Question.
    WHAT is a SERO plan????? And it's my understanding that these eBay $99 deals on the 700p don't include a SERO plan? Bad?

Are the phone numbers these phones come with local for your area? Just seems too good to be legit. But ... from what I've read (lots to learn).
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    I humbly apologize for my ignorance ..... brand new member, Cingular customer but thinking of going to Sprint and a 700p. Question.
    WHAT is a SERO plan????? And it's my understanding that these eBay $99 deals on the 700p don't include a SERO plan? Bad?

Are the phone numbers these phones come with local for your area? Just seems too good to be legit. But ... from what I've read (lots to learn).
    Do a search for SERO and you will find tons of threads here about it. There is also a very large one over at Slickdeals (Link)

You can get a local number just like any other plan, and it is legit.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    First, this should be moved to the appropriate forum as this is a Sprint question.

Second, your can find out about SERO at the source. www.sprint.com/SERO just google for a sprint employee email address to use.

Basically it is meant for new lines only (but others and myself have managed to get it on existing lines)

All plans include M2M, EVDO w/Picture Mail, and N/W starting at 9PM

$30 for 500min
    $50 for 1250min
    $100 for 2500min

These minutes cannot be shared among multiple lines.

Some have also had the following added for free to their plans...(im in the process of getting 7Pm and some free texts)

7PM N/W
    100 Texts
    500 Texts
    Call the business number. Like...for business'. I didn't have any luck with the regular customer number, but once I tried out the business line...I had tons of offers for SERO with the 700p. Sometimes you'll get someone saying they'll give the phoen to you for 500, but hang up and go for 400.

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be...
    Well I did it the hard way. I went to the sprint store abt 1 month ago with my fiance and we both got signed up on the sero plan and got new treo 650s for $150 each. So I took the deal, cancelled my old line and sold my old treo 600 on ebay for $175. Then when the 700p came out I just ordered it from palm and sold my 650 on ebay for $315 and called sprint and did a esn swap to my new 700p. Overall has been a serious waste of time I actually like the treo 650 better because it is quicker. EVDO is cool but it is really not that fast.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Has anyone signed up with SERO through Inphonics, which is what happens when one uses the website? I've heard horrible stuff about them. Lots of complaints to BBB re: rebates. Is it possible to sign up for a sero plan by calling sprint directly if not already a sprint prescriber?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhemming
    ...Is it possible to sign up for a sero plan by calling sprint directly if not already a sprint prescriber?
    Yes. I bought my phone from Palm and activated through the employee plan number 866-250-2221. Rep knew what SERO was and got me hooked up.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I am a former cingular users and decided to switch. I went to my local sprint store, got the treo 700p on the cheapest plan and no features, got the business card (and email) of the person who sold it to me. Called customer service and told them I wanted to switch to SERO. When customer service told me they wouldn't do it and that I would have to go through the inphonics website, I asked to be switched to retention. Retention moved me over no problems.

Be wary, 700p has some serious battery power issues. My battery is drained out after 10 hours (with phone on, bt off). I think it has to do with reception... In areas of poor reception, battery seems to get sucked out. I live in SF bay area.