Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey...

I'm in Corning, CA for the night, and power vision working real good right now.

Chuck
    I am in Los Angeles & am experiencing a strange issue. My Treo 650 & 700P, whe I first got it, both had full bars/ signal at my place at all times. All of a sudden I am getting 1- 4 bars max. It keeps jumping around. This seems to be slowing down my net speed too...
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatch151990
    i tried cnet's bandwith tester and got 584.5 kb/s which is closer to dsl reports, i think 2wire results are a little skewed.
    Not to be an ***, but you are WRONG. Period. I told everyone I tested at 1.2Mb connection earlier in my post. Note that it has not been edited. I gave reasons why I think that site is accurate. I saw your post and it kind of pissed me off, either A) you didn't read all the post or B) you think I don't know what I am talking about or think I am lying. I decided to do a test and to post the video I took. Sorry for the crappy quality, but I only have a Treo 650 to take videos with. I realize this was with a PPC-6700, but EvDO is EvDO. It is a possibility that the Treo can't handle EvDO speeds well enough, but the point is, that 2wire is more accurate and EvDO atleast in my area is on par for their estimates if not better. Notice I get a constant 1+Mb download. Hopefully those attachments work. I couldn't upload more than a 400KB file, so I rared then zipped, lol. If it won't then I will email to someone if they can host.

Lonzo
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Not to be an ***, but you are WRONG. Period. I told everyone I tested at 1.2Mb connection earlier in my post. Note that it has not been edited. I gave reasons why I think that site is accurate. I saw your post and it kind of pissed me off, either A) you didn't read all the post or B) you think I don't know what I am talking about or think I am lying. I decided to do a test and to post the video I took. Sorry for the crappy quality, but I only have a Treo 650 to take videos with. I realize this was with a PPC-6700, but EvDO is EvDO. It is a possibility that the Treo can't handle EvDO speeds well enough, but the point is, that 2wire is more accurate and EvDO atleast in my area is on par for their estimates if not better. Notice I get a constant 1+Mb download. Hopefully those attachments work. I couldn't upload more than a 400KB file, so I rared then zipped, lol. If it won't then I will email to someone if they can host.

Lonzo

Crap. I just watched the video on my Treo 650 and I can't make out what the speed says. I don't have the codecs installed on my lappy, so **** on it. If you can tell what it says great let me know. Basically peaked at 157KBps and hovered at 140KBps the rest of the time. 157KB=1.22Mb and 140KB=1.09Mb.
    I tried various test sites on a laptop with EVDO card and it does appear dslreports is overloaded...

dslreports.com/mspeed 350Kbps
    2wire.com 892Kbps
    speedtest.frontiernet.net 855Kbps
    speakeasy.net 903Kbps
    actual download from download.com 120KBytes/sec (over 850Kbps)

Something is wrong with dslreports' mobile tester.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    for about a day and a half now haven't been able to use power vision. sprint sez they're doin upgrades. I'm in the Houston, TX area. Anybody else aroun here with the same problem or is Cal suckin up the juice
    just talked to Sprint to double check their "network upgrade story". she confirmed yes thats what was goin on but the error I was getting, 0x7301, should been fixed and I probly needed more testing which she walked me thru from a land line. A coupla mods and i'm up and running. The Sprint tech support person sounded as knowledgeable and capable as the techs over at T-mobile. I go away happy now. If your gettin that kinda error u may wanna give them a call.
    Danny
  9.    #29  
    I'm in Modesto (No Power Vision) and I'm getting these errors from time to time.

104:system error
    0x7127

106:system error
    0x7129

I called Sprint Treo Dept (?? yeah they have one) and got a ticket number for this case and I was told that those numbers refer to heavy network congestion. I will be contacted within 51 hours.

Al
  10.    #30  
    I just called my Sprint local store in Modesto and was told that since yesterday they have been experiencing problems with Data and text messages. It is all Modesto and Stockton. I guess I'm not the only one.

Al
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12