Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't believe that after ALL this time I have been with them they are offering me NO major discounts!

I can't believe this nonsense about they will not honor the $100 discount online, etc., etc.

If someone was able to get some type of discounts, would you PLEASE inform me!!!

I am about to go to sprint even tho I HATE their coverage!
    I own a Sprint Treo and a VZW crappy phone (for in-calling to the gf who just hates Sprint for no good reason), and my contract is up (for both). VZW is the only one that calls me regularly to try to get me to re-sign a new contract. Every time, I press these callers for some sort of deal, and they never budge. lol they offer me something like 50 dollars off the price of a new phone..plz.

But, keeping a carrier should a coverage-first decision, I would not switch if the coverage from competing carrier was unacceptable.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Verizon gave me $100 off for my NE2, even though I used it two months ago to get a $99 RAZR, plus $100 for a new 2-yr contract for a total of $399.
    Before I got the 700 (paying full price) I called VZW. We have four lines and have been a long term customer with a monthly bill over $200. I was also told they would not give me any deal since I was still within my contract. On top of that, they misled led me on when I could get the 700, taking my order over the phone and only days later telling me I had to order it over the Internet. When I asked to speak to customer retention I was rudely told that they no longer had people dedicated to customer retention. I replied that that was pretty obvious from the way I was being treated. The only reason I stay with VZW is coverage. However, I'm thinking of trying one phone on Sprint to see if their coverage has improved since the last time I tried them.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    VZW blows...no matter what they give you in a discount off of your phone, the first time you go 200 minutes or more over your plan in a month you will be paying it back to VZW @ $0.40 per minute. Why anyone wouldn't choose Sprint over VZW i don't know. Sprint's fair and flexible plans charge you based upon actual usage at $0.05/min above the minimum block of minutes - I have 700 minutes for approx $40 per month. And coverage is no issue as for $5/mo more you can roam on Sprint to VZW if necessary.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Why anyone wouldn't choose Sprint over VZW i don't know.
    Two reasons:
    1) Coverage here in Los Angeles (I had both at the same time: a Sprint 600 and a Verizon cell phone)
    2) Free calls to all your friends and family who also have Verizon. Out of the 100 or so people I know that I call on a regular or semi-regular basis, I only have one friend who has Sprint. If all my friends and family moved to Sprint I would probably switch back to Sprint, since the data plans are so good compared to Verizon.
    Lets see....$45 dollars a month for Verizons EV-Do plan, $15 a month for sprints EV-Do plan....u do the math
    Well, I have been negotiating for a week with 1 particular rep on getting the 700p for $350 and getting the PDA SMS package. I still do not have a tracking number...we'll see how long it takes for this fiasco to resolve itself.
    By the way...if you want coverage, go to verizon. If you want cheap plans with no coverage, then go to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    this is not related to VZ wireless nor treo...but after using their local telephone service and DSL service both of which SUCKS not to mention their clueless CSR's...I would never ever get their wireless service...
    Actually Sprint has FREE roaming on the Free and clear plans, SO ANYWHERE VERIZON HAS SERVICE you can use sprints roaming for free
    http://topgiant.com

UNLOCKED GSM CELL PHONES AND MORE
    Thats not true, I had the VZW 700p last week, I was even going to cancel my Sprint Contract to go with VZW, problem was the coverage was crap. I live in San Francisco too, thats saying something, its ome thing If I lived in Wyoming, but when your call drops in Downtown San Francisco, something is horribly wrong. Their plans are rediculously priced, and they dont deliver a premium service, for their premium price.

So I call sprint up, and tell them not to cancel my coverage, not only did they not cancel it, Im getting 300 dollars off of the 649 retail price by renewing my contract. You cannot beat that. Sprint > Verizon anyday.
    If Sprint CSRs are so good, how come i got hung up one twice out of 4 phone calls. I even went into the store to talk to someone, and she showed me the Sprint coverage in my area, and told me i should stick with Verizon. Not once did she tell me about Free Roaming. Again, just my 2 cents.
    Im telling you as someone who had a fallout with sprint, they were charging me hundreds of dollars for data I didnt use. Ultimately they did right by me, sure youll get reps every now and then that are bad apples, and believe me Ive gotten a few of those, but over all Ive had an incredible experience with Sprint. The Value, and Service is unbeatable. It would be unfair to base Sprint off of their one rep who hung out of you, allthough I know most people do that anyway.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    you mite can roam on them but not data (or am I wrong in this).
    Sprint completely sucks in my area. Id have a cool paperweight tho

Coverage over cost- period
    That would be nice to know...
    Verizon sucks big time.... they think they are the best network out there, but they are not.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Verizon sucks big time.... they think they are the best network out there, but they are not.

Al
    Agreed, sprint also doesnt feel the need to cripple their phones to death. I couldnt even transfer a little WAV in to sounds, It drove me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdldy
    I can't believe that after ALL this time I have been with them they are offering me NO major discounts!

I can't believe this nonsense about they will not honor the $100 discount online, etc., etc.

If someone was able to get some type of discounts, would you PLEASE inform me!!!

I am about to go to sprint even tho I HATE their coverage!
    Why not just sign up for Sprint and pay the extra $5 for their free roaming plan so you can roam on Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1
    If Sprint CSRs are so good, how come i got hung up one twice out of 4 phone calls. I even went into the store to talk to someone, and she showed me the Sprint coverage in my area, and told me i should stick with Verizon. Not once did she tell me about Free Roaming. Again, just my 2 cents.
    With the new Treo, if coverage on Sprint happens to be sub-par where you are, you can force it to Roam (usually on Verizon or Alltel) and not pay extra. In addition, after July 1 you wll be able to data roam on Alltel for free as well. With Sprint, you get Sprint's network plus Alltel's plus Verizon's for a lot less money. Verizon's "It's the Network" is all about marketing. People buy into the ads (just like Cingular's bogus "fewest drop calls" ads). With Sprint, you get better multimedia features, more content choices and no crippled bluetooth and cheaper data plans. So, Verizon you can keep your "It's the Network". I have NETWORKS!! (Plural)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast