1.    #1  
    Yesterday, I just bought a new Treo 650 from Sprint....The phone is on its way.

Now I have the opportunity to change plans. Here is my current plan (which is an older plan) for two phones.

$45.00 PCS Free & Clear Plan
    Minutes Are Shared On This Plan
    All Minutes Include Long Distance
    500 Anytime Minutes
    Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes
    Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail
    Additional Anytime Minutes $.40 Per Min.
    PCS Add a phone monthly service charge $20
    Company Discount %5

Equaling a total of about $63

-----------------------------------------------

Now I have never had the "Vision" service before but of course I am going to get it with my new 650 purchase. I am not in area that supports the EVDO so I don't need the Power Vision I don't think. Do you think I can just get the regular "old" vision for $10 a month and get unlimited text messaging as well?

Any advice would be awesome.
    Thanks!
    Your 650 will not do EVDO. You will have to get a vision plan. I am guessing you will be paying at least $15 for vision. That $10 with unlimited picture mail and text messaging was for people that were grandfatherin quite some time ago.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. Now that I look at my account online, I have options to add these services for $15 each. Any reason why one is different than the other? They look so similiar.

Sprint PCS Vision -Get unlimited access to Sprint PCS Vision for just $15 per month! Enjoy applications, advanced multimedia services such as messaging and email, games and Picture Mail, and Web access.

Sprint Power Vision - With unlimited Web and Data access, streaming Live News channel including ABC News Now, and streaming radio featuring Sirius Hits.
    Power Vision is EVDO. You would need the TREO 700p for that or one of their other EVDO phones. You will need regular vison. Slower but definitely cheaper. To give you an idea, I had $10 vision that had unlimited data, messaging and picture mail. Now with power vision it started out at $15, had to bump to power vison plus to get the picture mail and had to pay $5 for 100 text message, $8 for 500 or $15 for unlimited text messaging. SPRINT basically stripped out the messaging. My $10 paln had to go to $35 just to get what I was giving up. Managed to cut a deal and stepped back the messaging since I didn't need unlimited messages so I ended up paying just $10 more but that is a battle with retentions and alot of bluffing.
  5.    #5  
    Thats stupid that they offer the power vision to me then. Well thanks for the help and work out the bugs in the 700p and drive down the prices in those services. I'll be looking at them in a year or so when i get the 700p! Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by mzill748
    Thats stupid that they offer the power vision to me then. Well thanks for the help and work out the bugs in the 700p and drive down the prices in those services. I'll be looking at them in a year or so when i get the 700p! Thanks again!
    Unless I have made a terrible mistake, I do not know why they offered you power vision. I do not find the SPRINT reps in stores all that reliable but I am leaving the possibility open that I could be wrong.
  7.    #7  
    What I am thinking is a possibility...you get some of the Power Vision things like streaming radio, tv, other cool features I don't even know about but maybe just at a much slower speed (not on EVDO).
    What I am thinking is a possibility...you get some of the Power Vision things like streaming radio, tv, other cool features I don't even know about but maybe just at a much slower speed (not on EVDO).
    No. Sprint TV is an app pre-installed on your phone. The 650 doesn't come with this, however you can use MobiTV for an extra $10/mo(?)...not worth it to me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Wouldn't the tv look like paging through photos with regular vision? Pocket tunes can stream audio through shoutcast with regular vison if the bit rates are low enough. I guess it can't hurt but regular vison still seems like a much better deal if you do not have EVDO.
  10.    #10  
    I have never used vision in my life so I have no idea. I could imagine it being slower than molasses in January though. I had wireless connection on my PDA through bluetooth on my home network and it was preeeeetttyyyyy SLLLLLLOWWWWW accessing the Internet via Blazer.
    I have never used vision in my life so I have no idea. I could imagine it being slower than molasses in January though. I had wireless connection on my PDA through bluetooth on my home network and it was preeeeetttyyyyy SLLLLLLOWWWWW accessing the Internet via Blazer.
    The speed is okay...just remember that we're talking about better than dial up (at best, twice as fast), and a small handheld device. If you don't compare it to a Quad G5 Mac and a T3 pipe, you won't be too disappointed.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The speed is okay...just remember that we're talking about better than dial up (at best, twice as fast), and a small handheld device. If you don't compare it to a Quad G5 Mac and a T3 pipe, you won't be too disappointed.
    LOL .... your talking regular "Vision" right?
    LOL .... your talking regular "Vision" right?
    Yes.

Although I would say the same even if you could run EVDO (PowerVision.) Speed would be much faster than regular Vision, but still wouln't compare to a cable or DSL line at home.

Sprint does run a proxy, so it's not that bad, given what it is.

14.    #14  
    Cool that makes me feel beter. I can't wait to try it out. Now if that UPS man would just come with my new toy.
    Cool that makes me feel beter. I can't wait to try it out. Now if that UPS man would just come with my new toy.
    If you are not currently under contract, consider a SERO plan.

500 min
    free n/w
    vision incl
    roaming incl
    sprint to sprint incl
    $30 a month.

Read this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778
    You need to do it soon, offer expires at the end of this month.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    If you are not currently under contract, consider a SERO plan.

500 min
    free n/w
    vision incl
    roaming incl
    sprint to sprint incl
    $30 a month.

Read this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778
    You need to do it soon, offer expires at the end of this month.
    Just got on the SERO plan!!!!! YES!!!! Didn't even have to switch numbers!!!