1.    #1  
    Can a new user sign-up with Verizon or Sprint without being tied down to a contract?

Background:
    I currently use an unbranded GSM 650, but don't feel like waiting for a GSM "700p" (or whatever the next GSM HSPDA Treo is called) just to use high-speed data. I'd like to use EVDO in the meantime.

I may have access to a Verizon and Sprint 700p, but I'd have to pay for the service myself.

Thanks TCers...
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    Can a new user sign-up with Verizon or Sprint without being tied down to a contract?
    In your dreams
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    In your dreams
    sorry, that made me LOL!

BTW - you need to sign up for one year. AFTER that, you can go month to month.
  4.    #4  
    Is that the case with both Sprint and Verizon? A one-year commitment, even if you don't opt to buy a discounted phone?
    I dont know about V but Sprint makes you have some kinda contract before they will even activate the phone.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Not True on Sprint anymore. You can sign up month-to-month with the 200 min F&F plan. It costs $39.99/mo instead of the $29.99 contract price. That is the only plan available and you receivr no discount on the phone.

New this Month.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Not True on Sprint anymore. You can sign up month-to-month with the 200 min F&F plan. It costs $39.99/mo instead of the $29.99 contract price. That is the only plan available and you receivr no discount on the phone.

New this Month.
    You mean it's new again. Sprint was originally offering month to month, no contract, no discount. I wanna say around 1999. Didn't know they discontinued it.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

8.    #8  
    Interesting. I did hear that one of the carriers offered a no-contract option for an additional $10 per month. I suppose that Sprint could be it.

Is the unlimited data plan available with the 200 min F&F plan, I wonder.
    Yep...$15/mo includes pic/video mail.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com