Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The EVDO signal has more overhead added to it and it can be easly audited by Sprint. Meaning that Sprint is able to track now what you are doing with it such as Stream Video, Music, DUN, or when you are using it or not. So I would not risk it. You can get away with it sometimes, but not always.

Al
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ok - ty MarkY!

that's the impression i had received from reading this post, but all of the account stories were still fairly 'young', ya know?

i'm glad to hear of a success story that has gone on for months now. it's encouraging me to make the leap!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    d'oh, Treolo replied just as i was typing, heh!

those are the replies that scare me from doing it :X
    I have three PV phones - did ESN swap on all three and didn't sign up for PV. All are in EVDO coverage area and have unlimited text messaging. One (Samsung A900) still has the regular vision acct. with no unusual charges. Two (Treo700P and Samsung A900) showed extra charges for PV usage and text messaging. Sprint switched these accounts to PV plan and took away grandfathered unlimited text messaging. A couple of phone calls to Sprint got all charges waived and PV plans with unlimited text messaging for the same or lower price than original grandfathered vision plan. Gotta love Sprint. For my Treo700P, got PV ultimate pack ($25) for free and $8 unlimited text messaging all for $2 less than my original Vision/messaging plan. I'm happy. Don't know when they will switch the A900 that's been on a regular vision plan for almost six months.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I have three PV phones - did ESN swap on all three and didn't sign up for PV. All are in EVDO coverage area and have unlimited text messaging. One (Samsung A900) still has the regular vision acct. with no unusual charges. Two (Treo700P and Samsung A900) showed extra charges for PV usage and text messaging. Sprint switched these accounts to PV plan and took away grandfathered unlimited text messaging. A couple of phone calls to Sprint got all charges waived and PV plans with unlimited text messaging for the same or lower price than original grandfathered vision plan. Gotta love Sprint. For my Treo700P, got PV ultimate pack ($25) for free and $8 unlimited text messaging all for $2 less than my original Vision/messaging plan. I'm happy. Don't know when they will switch the A900 that's been on a regular vision plan for almost six months.
    Okay so I called up sprint and did an esn swap from my 650 to my q (yes i know this is a treo forum but cut me some slack, i love the TreoCentral crowd). Anwyays, the internet worked for like 5 minutes after i got it activated and now it doesn't work at all. It works fine on my other 700wx so its not an issue of signal stregnth or anything. (the 700wx is on another account entirely). How do i get them to give me free evdo on my Q even though i'm on a grandfather plan?
    Okay so I called up sprint and did an esn swap from my 650 to my q (yes i know this is a treo forum but cut me some slack, i love the TreoCentral crowd). Anwyays, the internet worked for like 5 minutes after i got it activated and now it doesn't work at all. It works fine on my other 700wx so its not an issue of signal stregnth or anything. (the 700wx is on another account entirely). How do i get them to give me free evdo on my Q even though i'm on a grandfather plan?
    I suspect that you will have to call and bully your way into free EVDO. I did an ESN swap from my 600 to my new 700p, and the Sprint CSR never said a word about the data plan. A week later I found online that I had run up $60 in casual data usage charges. The Sprint software had decided that my phone was not compatible with my old data plan (free unlimited vision) and had canceled it. After a few calls to *2 and then to retentions I got Power Vision for $10/mo with a $10/mo credit. I suspect you will have to do the same. Just keep explaining that you just want the service you used to have for free. Eventually you'll find someone who will give it to you. Good luck.
    ^yes, the level 1 CSRs cannot do anything for you. You have to escalate (say that you want to cancel if you have to pay more for what you had in your grandfathered plan) to retentions who have an array of service credit codes that they could apply to your account. It is a pain to have to call, sometimes multiple times to get the issue resolved but in the end you can negotiate for what you want. Caveat is you might have to renew your contract. I've switched 5 lines to PV - all at less cost than old vision plans. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Great thread, thanks!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  9. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I only read the original post in the thread, but I can tell you that that's complete bull****. For sure. If you keep your PV after the ESN swap, you are fine.
    Might be best to wait a bit with this Power Vision stuff if you're not on it already:

Sprint Adds LBS To High-End Plans
    * Posted by James Quintana Pearce
    * Wed 21 Mar 2007 03:26 PM PST
    http://www.moconews.net/entry/419-sp...igh-end-plans/

Sprint has added its new location-based services to some of its high-end plans, reports RCR News. As well as adding the services to its $25 Power Vision Ultimate Pack and Business Pack, Sprint has launched a $20 per month Navigation Pack which includes the location based services as well as unlimited web browsing and data access, MMS, e-mail and other multimedia services.

Other Sprint subscribers can buy the service for $3 for a 24-hour period. The new location based services are from TeleNav and include voice-guided, turn-by-turn driving directions, moving 3-D maps, local search, traffic alerts and a feature that locates the least expensive gas nearby.

TeleNav also runs the new workforce-management offering launched by Cingular earlier this week, which offers GPS location-tracking, mileage-tracking, wireless time sheets, alerts and detailed location-reporting.
    ###
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345