Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Nice.....
    700p for $399 - overnight no tax or shipping charges
    Retain current plan and discounts which includes unlimited text message for free
    added Power Vision Unlimited for $20 per month- $5 off
    added PCS to PCS for Free

Just be nice and know what you want. I really wnat to know how people get a company discount and a loyality discount. I dont think they can do that.
    Current contract? How long have you been with Sprint?
  3.    #3  
    current contract, been with sprint since like 98 or so, my 2yr agreement was going expire tomorrow
    It doesn't seem to matter how long you're into your contract with Sprint. I did the same yesterday, with my SERO plan, which I was 2 months into, of a two year committment.

Just call *2 on your cell, say "Cancel", you'll be forwarded directly to a Sprint Retentions rep, and you then tell them you can buy a 700p from Verizon for $399.

Be nice on the call, and take it from there.
  5.    #5  
    yep thats what you gotta do, Thanks Verizon
  6.    #6  
    I just wish I had the SERO plan. I will wait a couple months and then see what I can do with that. I want to add a second line.
    The corporate discount is available if your organization participates in it. My wife and I get a 12% or 13% discount through her company
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21
    I just wish I had the SERO plan. I will wait a couple months and then see what I can do with that. I want to add a second line.
    SERO expires 6/30.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

9.    #9  
    the process took about 20 mins. It would have been 10 but her manager was busy. They have to approve the $399. I would write down line by line what you want to do and then just go for it. Hang up unitl you get someone who dosent sound pissed off when they say hello....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    SERO expires 6/30.
    dang your right... actually I just compared my plan wiht the SERO and I think Im good. The only difference is I get 700min for $50 and if I get over I get 100 min for $5 instead of 50 min for $5 like the SERO plan. I think the SERO plan is alos on the basic Sprint Power Pack. You would have to pay more to upgrade and also they chrage for text messaging. I guess you could try and get that free. Overall I guess Im good. I cant wait until Friday... I jsut hope PDANet's new program will work
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    The corporate discount is available if your organization participates in it. My wife and I get a 12% or 13% discount through her company
    oh yeah I get a 25% corporate discount. I jsut happen to work for the company wiht the highest discount
    Headcase, did they extend you contract for the new two years? So basically you now have 2 years instead of 1 year 10 months left?
    There is another company out there that get 27% corp discount.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I got the $399.99 deal no tax or shipping. Was very nice and mentioned the Verizon price. Updgraded to Power vision and unlimited text messaging for $10. I will work on that once I get the phone. The only downside is waiting 1-3 days for the phone to arrive.

I called or went to every local store and they either did not have it or where sold out.
    I am a non Sprint customer and got the same deal. $399 free overnight.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by crloga
    I got the $399.99 deal no tax or shipping. Was very nice and mentioned the Verizon price. Updgraded to Power vision and unlimited text messaging for $10. I will work on that once I get the phone. The only downside is waiting 1-3 days for the phone to arrive.

I called or went to every local store and they either did not have it or where sold out.
    which power vision? There are three levels
    Yep. They will add a % discount on your entire bill if you've been with them long enough. The longer you've been with them, the > the discount. Just for asking.

Not only that, they will be personable with you, too if you're nice to them. Be sure to kindly tell them any service problems you've had in the past. They will verify the notes to see if you're telling the truth and then they will do just about anything to keep you happy.

I recently consolidated my parents' account with mine, and ended up getting them 2 brand new Sanyos for free, and Retentions was kind enough to put a $200 credit towards the purchase of those phones on my bill. Kept my T650. Then a few weeks later, the rep even called me back to see how things were going. I asked if I could add a T700p to my account. She said the 700p would cost about $429 with a 2-yr. So I mentioned the $399 price tag I'd seen advertised and she said that I'd have to buy the phone from the ad (or get a local store to sell it to me) but she credited my account another $200 ($150 since I hadn't bought a new phone in 2 years + an add'l $50 towards the phone), which brought my account balance to like $377. If you consider that the original $200 credit was never spent cuz my parent's phones were free, that's $400 in credits...So I called up the local Sprint store and asked if they had any 700p's in stock. They just got in 2 that day, so I asked if there's any way they could hold one for me while I came to get it. She took my info and had the phone programmed & waiting for me when I got there, AND billed it all to my account. I didn't pay a dime (well, I will have a little bit added to my monthly bill, I guess!!).

You talk about a company that is making every effort to keep customers! This more than makes up for any service problems I've ever had with them, and I plan sticking with Sprint for as long as I can. I highly recommend Sprint based on their willingness to bend over backwards. And yes, they have progressively gotten better the longer I have been with them, now almost 3 years. And I became their customer because they were the first to carry the Treo 600.

BTW, I'm keeping my 650 active as the primary phone on my account (now have 4 lines). By adding the T700 as a seconary line, I am entitled to receive all the extra services (Power Vision, Text Messaging, etc) at half-price. Unlimited Power Vision is just $12.50 and Unlimited Text is just $8. Plus, I get 20% off my entire bill as a loyalty discount.

Having both phones active for myself will now enable me to find the other phone if I misplace it...that in itself is worth an extra $10 a month...oops I mean $8 after the discount...

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Nice.....
    Retain current plan and discounts which includes unlimited text message for free

Just be nice and know what you want. I really wnat to know how people get a company discount and a loyality discount. I dont think they can do that.
    Yep.. I just did the same thing, 399.99 out of pocket, no tax, free shipping overnight. ...plus once I sell my 650, the net cost will be like $150 bucks!
    Nice.....

So Retentions is in stock today??
    Quote Originally Posted by crloga

I'm in the same boat with you about the wait . Some people are saying they got theirs via overnight mail, but I was told UPS ground. I asked if they could get it to me faster and she said no. What's strange is I added a line for my mother on my account and was told that phone would arrive in 2 days. Hopefully they'll come in together!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast