Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    I'm already getting a 21% corporate discount. Would a Sero plan be any better for me? I'm paying roughly around $75-80 for 2 separate lines with unlimited data plan, 800 shared minutes, free calls after 7pm, and 100 text messages for each Treo 650.

Thanks, Casey
    I made two phone calls to retention today. The first was not productive. The rep only would offer $150 off the list price, but tried to sell me a 650 for $99, telling me it was the same as a 700. I said no thanks, needed to think about it.

Second call was great. Very helpful and friendly rep. Got the $300 offer, plus $50 service credit, plus free PowerVision (to keep me at the rate I've had grandfathered since getting the Treo 300 in 12/02), plus 500 SMS messages free/month, plus fixed a few things with other phones on the shared plan that will save us some money each month.

Awesome... thanks everyone for sharing experiences, it helped me get a great deal!
    - Rich
    Treo 300
    Just finalized my deal through Retentions with Sprint. I had 5 months left on my 2 year agreement, currently have a 650.

*1000 Anytime Minutes--------------------$40.00
    *Unlimited Nights & Weekends 7pm - 7am---$No Charge
    *Unlimited PCS to PCS---------------------$No Charge
    *Unlimited Text Messaging-----------------$No Charge
    *Power Vision Plus------------------------$10.00 (20 cost minus 10 monthly credit offered to me)
    *Equipment Protection & Insurance---------$6.00 (this was optional, but I kept it since I had it before)
    *Corporate 10% Base Discount-------------($5.60)

-------------------------------------------$50.40

For the phone, they gave me $75.00 off as a credit (for being 19 months into my 24 month agreement), and they gave me an additional $300.00 off as an instant immediate credit. To get this, I told them I really wanted a Treo 700p, but Verizon had better deals right now and better plans it seemed too. I told the lady I could go through Verizon and get the 700p for $399 and $100.00 off my account when I sign up.

So I got the phone for $275.00 then after my 2 credits (1 for $75.00 and 1 for $300.00), and they gave me free shipping and handling and no taxes. Just a flat $275.00 for everything!

Now I just need to figure out what to do with my current 650. Its in okay shape, but some scratches and normal wear and tear for a phone a little over a year old. I wish I could send it back to Palm for the $150.00 money back for my phone. I'd like to not deal with the hassle of ebay if at all possible. Still, I'm happy with the new phone though for $275.00.
    Last edited by TracerHawk; 06/06/2006 at 11:36 PM.
    You don't even have to haggle with them anymore. They just roll over when you call now. What a disappointment.

I called expecting to wheel-n-deal a little (which I didn't need to do). I got the phone for $299 which was good, but I was more interested in getting a better monthly plan which I did get ($20 better). I kept the plan I have, which is:

2000 min.
    7PM nights
    Unlimited SMS
    PCS 2 PCS
    Voice Command
    Insurance
    Added 'Power Vision Ultimate'
    Loyalty & Corporate

Bottom line = $65 (was $85)
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    my plan upgrade was weak compared to you guys, im getting screwed on the price, may need to talk to them again, cause im already having problems again so might as well.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    In addition to all the discounts and service credtis noted here, is there anyway to get Palm's $150 trade-in rebate on the 650 if you purchase a 700p directly through Sprint retentions rather than Palm?

The supervisor I spoke to in the retentions dept said "No."

I know that eBay is always an alternative...

JC
    First try to rententions got me on down to $450. Said no thanks.

Second try got me only $75 off. She would not budge. Said no thanks again.

I keep mentioning the Verizon deal but they seem to not care about that. I guess I'll keep trying.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    maybe they are cracking down. I am trying to get a decent plan from them, but no luck so far. I actually got a very rude lady who refused to send me to her supervisor. I have been with sprint for over 6 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by no_to_co
    maybe they are cracking down. I am trying to get a decent plan from them, but no luck so far. I actually got a very rude lady who refused to send me to her supervisor. I have been with sprint for over 6 years.
    Call back until you get someone that will work with you.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Okay, I just took the upgrade plunge, thanks to Retentions. I wanted a Treo 700p to replace my 650, and a new "basic" phone with SMS for my wife. I've been out-of-contract for a while, and been with Sprint for about 10 years.

My old plan:

2000 anytime minutes (shared, 2 lines): $85
    Unlimited Vision and SMS on 1 line: (incl.)
    Free PCS-to-PCS: (incl.)
    Total: $85/mo. (less 25% corporate discount)

My new plan and equipment deals:

1500 anytime minutes (shared, 2 lines): $75
    Unlimited night & weekend minutes (starting at 6pm): $10 (vs. 8pm for free)
    Free Power Vision for 2 years (1 line): $10 (less $10 recurring credit)
    Unlimited SMS on both lines: (incl.)
    Free PCS-to-PCS: (incl.)
    Total: $85/mo. (less 25% corporate discount)

new 2-year contract w/$200 early termination fee

$50 service credit
    Free Samsung PM-A840 camera phone
    $249 Treo 700p
    No tax, free overnight shipping.

FYI, I took the approach that I wanted to upgrade my phone(s), wanted to keep my current plan or better, and needed the best deal possible to keep my boss from making me switch to Verizon (our new "preferred" vendor).
    Mostly true, but I did break down and fib a little at one point, claiming I could get the 700p for the same $399 at Verizon, but with an additional $150 credit. After a brief consultation with a manager, she agreed to meet that $249 price. From there, it was pretty much a matter of gently haggling over the little details, like retaining my unlimited SMS for free, etc.

All things considered, I'm a happy camper...

--John
    My 2 yr contract is not up until January. I am not in any big rush fro the 700p. Am I better off waiting until closer to renewal or trying my luck with retention now?

Thanks,
    Roger
    Wait until December, the prices will be down and the threat of leaving will be more real.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Roger,

I debated the same point since my contract wasn't up until December. I found that by mentioning Verizon they took the threat seriously and never mentioned that I would have a penalty if I switched now. They gave me a 20% discount off the price of my current service and added unlimited text messaging for no charge.

Also some of the special promotions for early Treo 700p adopters may not be available in 6 months; so there may be more room to negotiate for discounts on the Treo now. That's why I decided to take the plunge now.

JC
    I made two calls to retention tonight and need some advice. I have the old 2,000 minute shared plan with unlimited vision and SMS on both lines for $85. The first call I was offered the 700P for $325. The second call (and I was surprised to find that they had a record of the first call) I was offered the 700P for $325 plus free unlimited SMS and free powervision (essentially the same as my old plan but EVDO). The second call was a little used car like as he kept saying that the unlimited SMS and powervision were one time offers that would disappear if I didn't take them tonight. Both deals involved a 2 year contract (I'm currently out of contract)

The sticking point is the price as I'm seeing some of you with deals of $199 or $275. The other contention is the contract as I see some of you get a deal without a contract.

Any advice?
    OK I decided to take the plunge. Verizon deal was 250 for 700p but crappy data plan.

My deal:

2 700ps for $225 each net (after 50 service credit).
    [update-$200 each after an additional credit-see subsequent post in this thread dated 6/10]

1500 shared minutes $72
    Free nights (7-7)
    Free roaming
    Unlimited SMS $5
    Full blown Power Vision (all bells and whistles) Line1:$15, Line 2:$5

One phone was in contract, one was not.

I can sleep easy now...phones arrive Friday (free ship, no activation fees)
    Last edited by Ohmster; 06/27/2006 at 11:52 PM.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by rharper
    My 2 yr contract is not up until January. I am not in any big rush fro the 700p. Am I better off waiting until closer to renewal or trying my luck with retention now?
    Try now. If you don't succeed with the first call try again until you get someone that will work with you. One thing about getting these deals is that you have to have an outstanding payment history over a few years with Sprint. If not, you won't get the great deals you are reading about in this thread.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by gillum
    I made two calls to retention tonight and need some advice. I have the old 2,000 minute shared plan with unlimited vision and SMS on both lines for $85. The first call I was offered the 700P for $325. The second call (and I was surprised to find that they had a record of the first call) I was offered the 700P for $325 plus free unlimited SMS and free powervision (essentially the same as my old plan but EVDO). The second call was a little used car like as he kept saying that the unlimited SMS and powervision were one time offers that would disappear if I didn't take them tonight. Both deals involved a 2 year contract (I'm currently out of contract)

The sticking point is the price as I'm seeing some of you with deals of $199 or $275. The other contention is the contract as I see some of you get a deal without a contract.

Any advice?
    How's your payment history with Sprint? How long have you been a Sprint customer? These two things make a big difference as to what deal you can get.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    How's your payment history with Sprint? How long have you been a Sprint customer? These two things make a big difference as to what deal you can get.
    I've been set up on autopayment for 6-8 years so never a late payment. They should love me.
    Tried for a third time and the stupid woman kept saying I had to go to the store to get the phone. Hanged up.

Forth time I was transferred to Business accounts and all they could do it the $150 credit to my account. I mentioned the verizon deal and they would not budge. I'm currently in contract until Dec 15th, 06. Payment history is great. Told them I would be cancelling in Dec and he said sorry we can not do anything for you.

Maybe they are on to us now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gillum
    I've been set up on autopayment for 6-8 years so never a late payment. They should love me.
    They Do!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?