Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    I want to thank everyone one of you treocentral members. I switched my plan to SERO last week on the first try, with no resistance. The rep that I spoke with had never heard of it...I told her to look in her system for it. She thought that I worked for Sprint or something! lol. I told her that I knew a lot of people who worked for Sprint. She told me that I would have to renew for 2 yrs, which was not a problem at all for me (I'm currently 1yr & 3mon into my current contract). When I checked my account online, it does not show that she renewed my contract. It still shows my 2007 expiration date. But I do have the SERO plan!!!

I also called about the 700P deal that Verizon is offering & another rep said that she would issue a credit for $300 towards my purchase of the 700P, so I won't have to pay the full $650 to Sprint for the same phone. Now I need to check my account again to see if the credit was applied.

Thanks again Treo family.
    Just checked at sprint.com and I have a $1060.00 credit on my account after calling retentions yesterday and getting my phone ordered. Like all things that are too good to be true, I'm sure this is. It was nice to see, however.
    you all know how the credit works right?
    ~there is no spoon~
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    you all know how the credit works right?
    Why don't you tell us???

Mine was $200 now, and & $100 next month's bill...at least that's what I was told.
    Just finalized through retention:
    *Currently month-to-month
    *27 months with Treo 600
    *Sprint PCS customer since 2000
    Code:
    *1000 Anytime Minutes				 $40.00
    *Unlimited Nights & Weekends 7pm - 7am
    *Unlimited PCS to PCS
    *Unlimited Text Messaging			 $ 0.00
    *Power Vision Plus				 $20.00
    *Vision Credit					($10.00)
    *5% MRC Discount				($ 2.50)
    *Corporate 18% Base Discount			($ 8.55)
    						 --------
    						 $38.95
    Treo 700p $399.99 shipped

Very happy with new plan, felt fine with phone price.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    Why don't you tell us???

Mine was $200 now, and & $100 next month's bill...at least that's what I was told.
    Basically if I understand what my representative said correctly…
    Retentions agents are kinda independent of the sprint stuff…and basically the way they can get you the phones so cheap is because they are negotiated deals with 3rd party vendors that are willing to let their phones go for cheaper than what sprint would sell them for…so that being the case you pay sprint, and sprint adds that money paid into a “credit” and also whatever retentions gets for you, they add into that credit, and basically some of you guys…get essentially “new” plans… even though you retain your “time in” status…

I hope this makes sense…
    So basically once your phone ships, your credit will decrease…
    Along with rebates, etc. as part of payment to the 3rd party vendors…

Like I said, that’s my take on what a rep told me was how things were being handled….

Anyone care to chime in and correct or agree?
    ~there is no spoon~
    Mine is not being shipped from retentions, nor am I renewing my plan. I just have to go into a Sprint store and buy mine for the full price...I don't think they'll allow me to charge the phone to my account like Cingular does. I may be wrong.
    So did you buy it for $550 at the palm site AND get the $250 credit?

i e you got your 700p for $300
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    Basically if I understand what my representative said correctly…
    Retentions agents are kinda independent of the sprint stuff…and basically the way they can get you the phones so cheap is because they are negotiated deals with 3rd party vendors that are willing to let their phones go for cheaper than what sprint would sell them for…so that being the case you pay sprint, and sprint adds that money paid into a “credit” and also whatever retentions gets for you, they add into that credit, and basically some of you guys…get essentially “new” plans… even though you retain your “time in” status…

I hope this makes sense…
    So basically once your phone ships, your credit will decrease…
    Along with rebates, etc. as part of payment to the 3rd party vendors…

Like I said, that’s my take on what a rep told me was how things were being handled….

Anyone care to chime in and correct or agree?

I tdepends. Retrention clearly has at least five ways to handle phone purchases:

1) if you bought from palm as I did with one phone they just give you a $350 credit
    2) They can submit the order and bill you to your account. this bills on shipment and can be done with with either:
    2a) a full price with "credits" to bring you to final price
    2b) a discounted price eg a treo for $300
    3) they can selll you the phone and retention is allowed to bill it to a credit card for the negotiated price (eg: treo for $300)
    4) arrange a negotiated price, buy at sprint store, get the isntant discount if applicable and get the remainder in credits.

diferent methods can give you different advantages.

with a treo #3 is the safest. Just say: bill me $300 to my amex. no worries about screwed up or "audited" credits or as has happned a order "rejected" because of low price.

#1 could would have netted you a $199 treo, no shipping no tax

2a is the most chance ridden as a you could waste a lot of time if they screw up credits.

I know for certian retention can offer any of these five methods
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    So did you buy it for $550 at the palm site AND get the $250 credit?

i e you got your 700p for $300
    actually you could have a $350 credit and a net cost no tax, no shipping of $199
  11.    #151  
    hey whats up with the retention numbers? The 2 I had go directly to a voicemail that says its full. Did they catch on?
    Thought I would chime in with my deal:

I just got off the phone with *2/cancel (retention???): they charged me $300 for the hardware (to a CC), added 120 courtesy minutes to each of my 2 lines (on a measly 300 shared plan so this is a good addition), added unlimited text msg to each line for free, and left my all my other features untouched - already had pcs 2 pcs and 7pm for free. They also made a note in my account to give me a $5 credit off the $15 power vision plan to get me back to the $10 I have been paying for vision all along. Top it off with my 15% employer discount and you can consider me one happy Sprint customer.
    yep.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    just got off phone with retentions after alot of bantering back and forth here is what i got.

current
    2000 minutes 99
    1 phone line 0
    1 phone line 20
    vision on all three phones 0

new deal
    2000 minutes 99
    1 phone 0
    1 phone 20
    new phone line 8
    power vision 5
    vision for other phones 0
    unlimited messaging 0
    20% off the 99
    399 for new 600p
    have added corporate discount 5% on remaining balance ofter 20%
    When did they come out with a 600p????? Is that a new model?
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne
    When did they come out with a 600p????? Is that a new model?
    Not sure, but I hear a 300p and 180p are in the works.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I just ordered mine.

First time I called I got offered the deal for the phone for $399+shipping and $150 toward my account, wasnt the deal I was looking for so I said I would think about it and I called back today (a couple days later). Got the same guy so I hung up ha, then got a new guy in which I explained to him the problems I have been having and ended up getting it for $299+shipping and $50 towards my account as well as $25 dollars of the shipping paid, my 9pm nights knocked to 7pm and $5 off the powervision pack of my choice per month. With the credit they needed to put onto my account and all and how confused I was when I was explained how the credit was I expect to have to call them again at the end of the month, I expect problems, but we shall see, if there are then I may get a better deal =P I also am selling my 650 to a buddy for 200 so basically am getting it for $50 when its all done.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thanks to the great deals noted here. I decided to call Retentions even though I have 5 1/2 months left on my Sprint contract.

After a few tries where the reps didn't know about SERO and referred me to employee discounts...I found a rep who said he could get me a me a better plan than I have. The magic words were...."I am planning to go back to Verizon (where I had been a customer for over 10 years) to get a deal on the Palm 700p." The rep never once mentioned that my contract hadn't expired and I wasn't entittled to a rebate on a phone for another 5 1/2 months. He asked me once if I would go to Verizon if I didn't get a deal..."yes" is the correct answer!

I ended up with:
    1500 minutes for a fair and flexible plan with my husband-- $75 (before I paid this amount for 800 minutes)
    7pm to 7am included at no charge
    unlimited text messaging included at no charge
    Power Vision $10 (after $10 credit)

And for the 700p--- $374 ( $449 plus a $75 credit) and no shipping.

So it is worth trying even if it seems like you may not be in a good negotiating position.

JC
    I just got $200.00 back from Retentions,,,, thanks!!!
    I just got mine from Sprint retention for $250.00. Not the cheapest I've seen on here, but a square deal I think.
    Sprint for life Baby...!!!!

Al