Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Phone number?
    Those folks who have said to keep trying just might know what they are talking about. On my second call to "Retentions" (is that really their name now?), I was offered the 700p for $349.99 vs. the first attempt's offer of $499 from retentions or $399 on-line. When I accepted this new price, she asked whether I wanted this added to my Sprint bill or alternatively pay for it now for an additional $50 discount, i.e. $300. (Don't know whether the penny was lost somewhere or not.) There were, of course, several delays while she talked to a supervisor. I accepted the $300 deal. The phone will be shipped on the 3-5 days plan, supposedly, so I should have it some time next week. No urgency.

Then we talked about service plans. I have been on an old 500-minutes plan shared with my wife at a price of $40 for my line plus $20 for my wife's plus $15 for my PCS Vision. I was offerred two alternatives which could take effect on my next billing cycle: $50 for 1000 minutes with the second line free plus $15 for Power Vision (save $10 off my current bill and get an extra 500 minutes) or call in for the SERO plan which she could not give me herself. I think a total of 500 minutes is adequate for me, and the SERO-500 plan costs $30 including Power Vision. I think I can add a line for my wife for $10 or $20 at the most these days, so that should mean a savings of $30 or $35 off my bill for the same minutes. Both plans look good to me, but I think SERO is better.

One other item: I am currently paying $5 extra for no-added-charge roaming on Verizon (the "America" option). She didn't have anything special to offer on that right now, but she said when I call back to activate I should ask whether that option is available for free, apparently a common offer.

Now some of you guys might have negotiated much better deals than this, but I think this is one that will satisfy me. Does anyone see any "Gotcha" lurking in this deal?

Thanks for all of the info and guidance on this process.
    I Just got off the phone with them to downgrade my voice plan. I told them I had a 10% per month off letter in the mail, which I do, and asked for that on top of the other deals I got. She said she couldn't give me that because I already renewed yesterday, but she did give me another $50 service credit.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Here are my results:
    Treo 700p - purchase price of $290

No changes in our family plan minutes
    New - First incoming minute free (both lines)
    New - Free roaming on both lines (was paying $5)
    New - $5 Unlimited EVDO (just the normal $15 plan with $10 credit for 2 yrs)
    New - Unlimited text messaging (both lines)
    New - 7 pm nights and weekends (both lines, previously started at 9 pm)
    New - Additional 20% discount
    No change to current 19% corporate discount

I tried for free EVDO, but no luck. Retentions said they didn't have free codes yet for EVDO. I'm happy thought and should save about $20 per month.
    Did you talk to retention at this time of night tonnerd?
    Just to add to the thread (this was my first attempt, I will probably make 2 more):

6 year Sprint subscriber
    No longer under contract
    Treo 600

Current Plan:
    1000 Anytime Minutes $50.00
    *Unlimited Nights & Weekends 8pm - 7am
    *Unlimited PCS to PCS
    *Vision Professional/Pictures $15.00
    *5% MRC Discount -$ 3.25
    *Corporate 18% Base Discount -$11.12
    --------
    $50.63

Was offered:
    Treo 700p $399

*1000 Anytime Minutes $40.00
    *Unlimited Nights & Weekends 7pm - 7am
    *Unlimited PCS to PCS
    *Unlimited Text Messaging (Credit)
    *Power Vision Ultimate $25.00
    *5% MRC Discount -$ 3.25
    --------
    $50.63
    Quote Originally Posted by swivel1000
    Just to add to the thread (this was my first attempt, I will probably make 2 more):

6 year Sprint subscriber
    No longer under contract
    Treo 600

Current Plan:
    1000 Anytime Minutes $50.00
    *Unlimited Nights & Weekends 8pm - 7am
    *Unlimited PCS to PCS
    *Vision Professional/Pictures $15.00
    *5% MRC Discount -$ 3.25
    --------
    $50.63

Was offered:
    Treo 700p $399

*1000 Anytime Minutes $40.00
    *Unlimited Nights & Weekends 7pm - 7am
    *Unlimited PCS to PCS
    *Unlimited Text Messaging (Credit)
    *Power Vision Ultimate $25.00
    *5% MRC Discount -$ 3.25
    --------
    $50.63
    i got free unlimited roaming and power vision at 15.00
    but i didn't get a corporate discount...
    lucky!!!
    ~there is no spoon~
    Quote Originally Posted by yuyjust
    my sprint account said that I have credit balance of $789.00. Is this normal ???? [...] Is it something that I have to worry about ??? Any idea?
    Wow! You got a better deal than I did - they biggest credit I had on my account before buying the 700p for $399+tax+$18act. was $377!

Don't knock it!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr J
    Then we talked about service plans. I have been on an old 500-minutes plan shared with my wife at a price of $40 for my line plus $20 for my wife's plus $15 for my PCS Vision. I was offerred two alternatives which could take effect on my next billing cycle: $50 for 1000 minutes with the second line free plus $15 for Power Vision (save $10 off my current bill and get an extra 500 minutes) or call in for the SERO plan which she could not give me herself. I think a total of 500 minutes is adequate for me, and the SERO-500 plan costs $30 including Power Vision. I think I can add a line for my wife for $10 or $20 at the most these days, so that should mean a savings of $30 or $35 off my bill for the same minutes. Both plans look good to me, but I think SERO is better.

One other item: I am currently paying $5 extra for no-added-charge roaming on Verizon (the "America" option). She didn't have anything special to offer on that right now, but she said when I call back to activate I should ask whether that option is available for free, apparently a common offer.

Now some of you guys might have negotiated much better deals than this, but I think this is one that will satisfy me. Does anyone see any "Gotcha" lurking in this deal?

Thanks for all of the info and guidance on this process.
    You get roaming with SERO, I believe. The only Gotcha I see is that you can't "add a phone" for SERO...you have to put each number on its own SERO plan.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Ok just got off the phone and got mine for 250 but the person said that he did not need to change anything on my plan ? I have the sprint vision and moble to moble and text messaging . is this true ? I am changing my wifes thats a 600 ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Ok just got off the phone and got mine for 250 but the person said that he did not need to change anything on my plan ? I have the sprint vision and moble to moble and text messaging . is this true ? I am changing my wifes thats a 600 ...
    no, you need power vision (which is different from the vision on the 600)
    so when I go to activate this I will be in trouble ??
    what should I do
    Make sure you're really getting it for $250 also because it sounds like that rep. doesn't know what-in-the-hell they are talking about.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    so when I go to activate this I will be in trouble ??
    what should I do

i think i read a thread on here that said if you use your old plan they charge you like .02 per kilobyte used...
    hmmm
    not sure if that's correct but check it out...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115880
    ~there is no spoon~
    No that is not true - you guys have small ears. Just call BEFORE you get your Treo 700P & get them to upgrade you to Powervision at your current Vision rates. They are right that Vision will not work with Treo 700P. So as soon as you activate it it will get Powervision automatically. If you do not call beforehand & just hope or assume everything will be ok by doing an ESN swap, you will be sadly mistaken...
    So has anyone had any luck getting the 700p with SERO? I called today and they say it has to be setup through the person who is referring you, they said there is an authorization code they give you to complete it - this is what the guy in retention said.
    Is anyone advertising this phone under $399 for new subscribers?
    Quote Originally Posted by swivel1000
    Is anyone advertising this phone under $399 for new subscribers?
    I dont know if the developer discount is working anymore but if it is you will get the 700p for $199
    $449 less a $250 service credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    So has anyone had any luck getting the 700p with SERO? I called today and they say it has to be setup through the person who is referring you, they said there is an authorization code they give you to complete it - this is what the guy in retention said.
    order the phone from Palm then call sprint and tell them you decided not to activate since you can't use SERO, they will make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    I did. I ordered through Palm and activated it through the SERO phone number. I am a new Sprint customer as well. I put my experiences in a SERO thread here in the 700p forum. Do a search for SERO in the title for this forum and you should be able to locate it.

On a side note, the rep did not even ask for the employee's name or email address.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast