Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    OK, News Update:

I called again, and had a slightly less pleasant Sprint representative this time. After explaining the situation (250.00 rebate from Palm), she immediately brushed off my concern, "We are not Palm, sir."

I asked politely if she would ask about the rebate, at which after 10 minutes on hold she returned and stated that although Sprint could not offer the $250.00 additional rebate, she was authorized to discount an additional $50.00 from the phone price, bringing the total phone cost down to $300.00, which is pretty much equal to the Palm web price - the Palm activation rebate ($549.00-$250.00). Of course, this does not take into account my developer discount, but I will try to bring that up with Palm when I get my receipt later.

Again, I'm extremely pleased with Sprint, and doing my happy dance.
    No immediate plans to upgrade to the 700p soon (I made a stupid bet with a friend that if I spend over $200 on any tech item this year I owe him $50)... but in anticipation, can anyone suggest what a decent compromise is:

Current phones/plan
    Treo 600 used extensively as modem for laptop using PDAnet (2 hrs of commuting per day using remote desktop and VPN)
    Sanyo MM8300 (wife's phone)

$104+tax (-10% corporate discount) currently gets us:
    * 2000 anytime minutes (we use about 1000, my wife is starting a home business, so that # is likely to go up somewhat).
    * Unlimited nights starting at 9pm (Moving it to 6 or 7pm would definitely cut down on those 1000 anytime mins used)
    * Unlimited PCS to PCS and PCS to home (Sprint to home with the 50 free home mins cos we just don't use our home phone).
    * Unlimited SMS (I checked our past few bills, lucky if we go much over 100 in a month, but if sprint ever offered an AIM via SMS service, that would go up a lot).
    * Unlimited vision on both phones (My wife sometimes uses the multimedia features on the Sanyo) with Business Connect on the Treo (cos I'm too cheap to buy an email client) and picturemail on the Sanyo.
    * 6c a minute to the UK (It's convenient, I spend probably $6-10 on international calls a month. If only skype worked on PalmOS (apparently my friend with a 700w got it working)).

If I were to upgrade to the 700p and continue to use the phone the way I do my 600 (only faster), what should I be asking Sprint for?

Steve
    Just a report on another contact with retentions.... I have completed a 2-yr contract with a Treo 600 and called about the 700p and revising my plan. After a long delay, I was offered a price of $649.99 less a $150 rebate. This appears to be just the regular "PCS New For You Upgrade Program" credit for signing another 2-yr contract -- not quite so good a deal as I have been reading on this thread. I said this didn't sound very attractive, after which she said the on-line price would be $399.99, but she didn't sound interested in selling at that price herself. I asked about promotional plans, such as SERO, and she said I would need to go into a store to discuss promotional service plans.

In one of the earlier posts, it was suggested that we tell retentions that Verizon is offering the 700p for $299 (or something like that). Is that real? The only thing I see on the Verizon site is $399, which seems to match Sprint's on-line offer as well as the one through Palm for new accounts.

Am I missing something here?
    ok just got off of retentions line with an amazing representative...
    and here is my new recap of what i got with my whole package treo 700p deal:

ok here's my recap:

700p - $374.99
    --free mobile to mobile
    --free SMS
    --free 7PM nights
    --free unlimited roaming
    pay portion:
    --Unlimited Power Vision
    --1000 anytime minutes ------ $57.00

nice! plus:

looks like i won't be paying a cellphone bill for 2 months...
    so basically i got my phone for $374.99 - 164.00 (2 months cellphone bill)... total $210.99

woo hoo!!!
    and my cellphone plan is bumped up with way more stuff now too at no additional charge!!!
    ~there is no spoon~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr J
    Just a report on another contact with retentions.... I have completed a 2-yr contract with a Treo 600 and called about the 700p and revising my plan. After a long delay, I was offered a price of $649.99 less a $150 rebate. This appears to be just the regular "PCS New For You Upgrade Program" credit for signing another 2-yr contract -- not quite so good a deal as I have been reading on this thread. I said this didn't sound very attractive, after which she said the on-line price would be $399.99, but she didn't sound interested in selling at that price herself. I asked about promotional plans, such as SERO, and she said I would need to go into a store to discuss promotional service plans.

In one of the earlier posts, it was suggested that we tell retentions that Verizon is offering the 700p for $299 (or something like that). Is that real? The only thing I see on the Verizon site is $399, which seems to match Sprint's on-line offer as well as the one through Palm for new accounts.

Am I missing something here?
    hey bud...
    go on your phone...
    and dial *2
    say "cancel"
    and speak to a consumer select/account services rep.
    not customer service peeps...they can't do crap for you

but the account services people will take care of you
    tell them that you're thinking of leaving and going to verizon...cause verizon is offering the phone cheap and have some awesome plans that aren't on sprint's website...
    then they'll take care of the rest...
    i've been with sprint for like 10 years so i get a lot of extra perqs (preferred customer, etc.)
    but they still will take care of you cause you've been with them for at least 2 years....
    ~there is no spoon~
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    oh and guess what...
    i know you said you're getting yours for 150 (using the return policy)

i have someone that wants to buy my 650 for 200.00 (because my old one broke on me in the beginning of may) and i guess they didn't have any refurbs cause the one they sent me looked brand spanking new...so practically 1 month old treo 650 and sold!!! for 200.00
    so my phone basically cost me like $11.99
    woo hooo!!!
    ~there is no spoon~
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    hey bud...
    go on your phone...
    and dial *2
    say "cancel"
    and speak to a consumer select/account services rep.
    not customer service peeps...they can't do crap for you

but the account services people will take care of you
    tell them that you're thinking of leaving and going to verizon...cause verizon is offering the phone cheap and have some awesome plans that aren't on sprint's website...
    then they'll take care of the rest...
    i've been with sprint for like 10 years so i get a lot of extra perqs (preferred customer, etc.)
    but they still will take care of you cause you've been with them for at least 2 years....
    Your suggestion script is almost verbatim to what I tried. Only difference I can see is that I called from a land line then put in my mobile phone number. I said "Cancel", the automated system said "I can take care of that", and the call was transferred to a rep named Holly (who later said she was located in Canada.) I said I was considering changing to Verizon because my two sons have VZN phones and have suggested a family plan there. I said I need to upgrade my hardware anyway, so this is the time to decide whether to stay with Sprint or join my sons. Her reply was as I described above: best deal from her is net $499.99 or buy on-line for $399.99. Now maybe that's a reasonable deal, but it's not much like what is described in other posts here as appropriate for someone who has completed a 2-yr contract.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    What was credited to your account? I am assuming that you have some credit and a monthly bill on there right now? If you paid $399 is there a credit on your account for that amount or is it more?
    The $399 charge for the phone was a seperate charge on my credit card. I dont know why there is a big credit on my account. The only thing the rep sais was that she was going to credit my account the difference for the phone. I said Ok but I diddnt understand.....
    You should call Retentions and tell them you think you got a rotten deal (but say it nicely)...

I used Retentions a few years ago to get 1000 anytime minutes + 50 free text messages, free nights & weekends, all for $45/month. So when I get through (I'm on hold as we speak) I'm going to try to keep that plan, add Power Vision (or whatever the broadband plan is called) and get the phone for $399.

Do they offer any sort of trade-in plans?
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    You should call Retentions and tell them you think you got a rotten deal (but say it nicely)...

I used Retentions a few years ago to get 1000 anytime minutes + 50 free text messages, free nights & weekends, all for $45/month. So when I get through (I'm on hold as we speak) I'm going to try to keep that plan, add Power Vision (or whatever the broadband plan is called) and get the phone for $399.

Do they offer any sort of trade-in plans?
    tell them that you heard that sprint was giving 150.00 credit for old 650 trade ins
    worth a shot
    i know palm is doing that
    ~there is no spoon~
    Dr J, try & try again. Sometimes, you get drastically different responses depending on the rep. Good luck.
    Thanks again. It took a while to figure how retentions worked (including having ordered a phone and the order canceled so I have to wait for a refund). But the breakdown was this:

Flexible Family Plan 800 Minutes 20% off (plus 3% off that) on 3 phones
    Unlimited SMS (2 years)
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (Included on Flexible plan anyways)
    7 pm Nights and Weekends (2 years) (consider asking for 6pm Nights and Weekends)
    Powervision $5 mo for 1st phone/ $2.50 mo for 2nd Phone ($10 credit on each line)(two years)
    2 year agreement

$399 for Treo 700p (i didn't go for the extra $25 - I was starting to feel guilty)
    $20 for a Samsung a900.
    No upgrade on the 3rd phone (my parents couldn't handle the shock of new device..and we now have a spare phone from the 2nd phone upgrade if that one breaks)
    Free activation
    Free UPS delivery

Any more than that is pure greed on my part, that's about the average deal everyone else seems to be getting and most of this was offered by the rep, not asked for, which made it good. I hope they can offer such a good deal two years from now when the next palm comes out (without threats to cancel.)
    Well, I called back and got a different plan, but this is even better:

I was going to have to wait until July 1st for my 700p, and have a trip in mid-June, so I called back. I really got lucky with this guy...

I'm paying $399 for the phone, but he did this:

I had 1000 minutes, and now he's given me 1500 minutes
    Plus he's giving me 500 text messages (instead of the 50 I had)
    Nights & weekends, free phone-to-phone
    PowerVision for free for 2 years
    All for $40/month!!!

What a deal! I love Sprint!

It helped that I'd been with them for 9 years, but I had to call twice to get this deal. The first guy wanted to offer me a phone for $300, without any free stuff... this deal will be much better.

I said about 3 or 4 times that I could go across town and get one from Verizon for $399 + $100 account credit; I think it helps to tell them that...
    Last edited by longterm; 06/01/2006 at 07:23 PM.
    I'll be calling *2 again to speak to Retention; they only offered $75 off $649...
    After calling retention directly, I was finally able to get the 700p for 349. Much better than what I was offered when I called *2.
    DO NOT GIVE UP. After 3 trys I got it for $300 .( $200 instant credit and $150 credit)
    Unlimited Power vision for $15 ( the full PVision, Pictures, TV, Radio) .Nights starting at 7pm ( Instead of 9pm) and I took a lesser minutes deal for less . I had 700 minutes for $70 and now I have 550 minutes for $50 . So I am even saving money monthly. On the 4th try I said this " I called Verizon and they can give me the phone for $349 after new customer discount. He put me on hold and came back witht the offer. I was only 7 months into a new 2 year plan . They kept offering me $75 credits and I kept saying no thanks. He basically admited it was the mention of Verizon. DO NOT GIVE UP.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/01/2006 at 07:35 PM.
    Update:

Got the price down to $299, plus a $5 power visions pack, 500 text messages, and free unlimited calls to my home. They worked hard to keep me...

Picking it up at the store tomorrow.
    Anybody know how late retentions is open???
    I'm on the phone with them right now.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast