Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I got mine through retentions for 349.00 flat including shipping and taxes last night... I'm happy with that... Also, the rep said that the 700p will come with a mail in rebate as well for 75.00. Not sure how true that is, but that would be cool if it did.. That would mean 275.00 after the mail in...
    This all must be what Sprint was training their reps for before the delayed release of the 700p...not to help with better understanding the product, but to try to gouge the suckers, unless smart customers know how to exploit their options...then you can save. Sprint has a little Verizon blood running thru their veins.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I was offered the $429 deal today. When I asked about rate plans, they gave me my current plan (which is the grandfathered 2000 minutes for $85) + power vision for $20. I asked about a 2nd line for my wife and they said I'd have to order power vision seperately for her line. Sounded like a bad deal so I hung up.

Can you keep old plan with unlimited everything and add Power vision to phone? Or will it screw up my plan?

Do you have to pay seperately for power vision for each line? Or was the rep full of crap?

Is there a direct line to retentions? or a shortcut?
    I am on the same plan as you along with the free vision. They gave me the 700p for $299, gave me an additional 20% off per month and didn't change my data plan at all when I activated it. Make sure you have retentions note your account to not touch the data plan and it shouldn't be a problem. They gave me the power vision for free, free SMS still, pics pack, etc.
    I just spoke to my fourth retention rep. They are going down to the $399 price and giving me free shipping. However, she says I must pay $18 activatoin and sales tax....plus $25 for power vision + text messaging costs (I lose my unlimited since it was part of my 'grandfathered' plan from b4).

I don't mind paying a few bucks more a month for the EV-DO service, but I think an additional $40-$45 bucks is outrageous. Am I wrong? $450 (give or take) out of pocket for a new handset + $40 bucks more a month? = not worth it...IMO. I'll pass on it for now.
    Well, I just got off with a CSR. I had found out that a local store to me got the 700p instock and I had placed an order today (for $399) through retentions.

The order had not been shipped out yet and was still be "processed" so I asked if I could cancel, have all the discounts credited to my account so I could purchase instore tomorrow. Put me on hold and came back and told me all is canceled and credited to my account.

I pull my account up online and I now have a $819.48 credit on my account. Almost $170 too much over the price of the 700P

So I will be going tomorrow morning to get my new phone.

Babyarm, I would call back and see what you can get. I would think they can do better then that for you. Actually, call tomorrow because I'm sure there will be a alot nicer people there durning the day then late night... LOL
    Yes keep calling back. I got them to upgrade me to powervision (unlimited web, text picturemail etc) & I still pay the same $10 a month. I also got a treo for $150 out the door as long as I send my 650 in for a trade in (where will I sell a used 650 for $500???). All this & no extension of contract. Sprint can & will do the above if you get the right rep. A little good karma helps too!
    Thanks wayne. I will try again tomorrow. You know the sprint methodolgy....New day, new csr, new answers. never fails.

A lot of the 'refusal' i keep getting from the retentions is the fact I'm under contract.
    Last edited by baby_arm; 06/01/2006 at 12:27 AM.
    And the guy I got mine through said I would have to extend my contract and he asked if that was ok... I said, ya thats fine I have been with you guys long enough and just keep taking care of me and I will take care of you... Well, no extension at all, still says 11/07

LOL
    Well, I beat all of you. I got Sprint to give me a 700p for my 650 for free, yes $0, nada, nothing. I was having so much trouble with bluetooth on my 650 and getting lowsy refurb units that they agreed to give me a 700p for my 650 as a warranty exchange. I was ready to cancel my service, now they have me back for good!

That's what I call customer service. Thanks Sprint!

Of course, I am holding my breath for the next week waiting for it to arrive.
    dam paul you have me beat!!! did they do that in the store?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Strike 2

Are you guys already eligible for the $150 rebate going in? I'm under contract and I don't qualify for the $150 yet and I'm not having any luck. The CSRs are going straight to the computer doing everything by the book. They are not working with me at all.
    Tell them its cheaper for you to cancel and get the treo from verizon then to buy the phone at full price, and ask them if thats the road you're going to have to take.
    I wanted to thank everyone who posted on this thread about the great deals they got. I called sprint retentions, told them I was going to cancel and got the 700p for $199(told the verizon was giving it to me for 250 with my business discount) Then I open a second line on a family plan(want to keep my a900, that way I don't have to bring the treo everywhere) Got placed on the family plan F F 800 69.99 with free unlimited txt msg, power vison, pcs to pcs calling. I was on the F F 1000 b4, for 59.99. Im happy, I got more than I planned.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    Tell them its cheaper for you to cancel and get the treo from verizon then to buy the phone at full price, and ask them if thats the road you're going to have to take.
    But it's not. I tried again and they're offering me $150 off the 700P, when I'm only technically eligible for $75:

$399 + $150 cancellation fee = $549

$649 - $150 Sprint discount = $500
    Last edited by aldamon; 06/01/2006 at 07:55 AM.
    Thanks to many on TC, here is what I got yesterday:

1. Treo 700P for $300
    He first offered $400 but after some discussion on vision, text, and adding a 2nd phone & 3rd line, he put me on hold and offered $300

2. LG350 phone for $50
    Probably why I got $300 to 700P instead of $350

Plan includes:
    - 3500 anytime minutes
    - PowerVision Ultimate on Treo for $20 (typically $25)
    - 3 Lines ($10 for 3rd line - using existing phone on 3rd line)
    - Free 500 Text messaging on all 3 phones
    - N&W starting at 6pm
    - Free PCS 2 PCS and free roaming
    - $6 for Equipment Replacement
    - 20% overall monthly discount
    - $145 per month (approx. $165 with tax/fees)

Hope to see the phone in 1-3 days.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    OK, somebody post a script for me so I get this thing. Obviously I'm not saying the right things
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    OK, somebody post a script for me so I get this thing. Obviously I'm not saying the right things
    • Say "Cancel" to the automated Sprint dudette to get retentions dept
    • Important to be nice (IMO).
    • I told him that I have been with Sprint for many years (officially 2 years - contract was going to be over on June 8th) and was interested in buying the 700P. I told him that it seems that Verizon has a better deal on the phone and service, but I really do not want to switch. I like Sprint and the service it offers and would prefer to stay with Sprint.
    • He checked to see what he could do and offered $400.
    • We then chatted about the plan, anytime minutes, text, PowerVision, etc. Each time we talked about an item, I would ask something like here is what I need; what can you do for me?
    • I kept complimenting on his willingness to work with me. When I asked to add a 2nd phone, he put me on hold for a while and offered the $300 (plus $50 for 2nd phone).
    • I mentioned that i had an offer in the mail (which i did) for 10% off and he said he could do better and he offered 20%.

Thats a gist of it at least. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    hahahha you ALLLLL got ripped off. I got retention to sell me the Treo 700P for $150. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All I had to pay was $49 for mine after all the credits on my account - Nanny nanny boo-boo!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm

Can you keep old plan with unlimited everything and add Power vision to phone? Or will it screw up my plan?

Do you have to pay seperately for power vision for each line? Or was the rep full of crap?

Is there a direct line to retentions? or a shortcut?
    1. Depends on the rep you speak with - tell them what you want and see if they can give it to you

2. Yes, but keep in mind if you have a family plan only on the "Master" line do you pay full price for added services such as text/Vision. Additional lines get half-price on all such features. So if you have a cheap phone without any Vision services, try and make it the primary line on the acct.

3. Either call *2 and when you are ask what you would like to do, say "CANCEL SERVICE." That will get you to retentions.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast