Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    i'm on with the Sprint "consumer select" department (is that the retentions dept.?)...
    and my guy just offered me the 700p phone for $374.99
    and also gave me free 7pm begin free nights and weekends....
    WOO HOO!!!
    i gotta say that being with sprint for so long really does have it's advantages...
    thats the best price I have seen so far? You must have had a good story.. ALright kids shoot for $374 now!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21
    thats the best price I have seen so far? You must have had a good story.. ALright kids shoot for $374 now!!!!
    just told him i was going to cancel, because i saw that verizon was offering the phone for 399.00
    and after 10 mins of silence he said...
    he'd do it for 374.99....

i was like...YES I'LL TAKE IT...
    then he said...
    we'll upgrade you to EVDO for free when you receive the new phone...
    i'll also give you 7 pm free calls for free
    and adjust your plan for 1000 anytime mins for the lower rate of 40.00 instead of 50.00

i already have unlimited Txts so...
    not only did i get the 700p for 374.99 (paid and done w/amex)
    but my bill is going to be 10.00 cheaper
    and heftier with a little bump in upgrades...
    WOO HOO!!!
    ~there is no spoon~
    I came just off the phone with Sprint and I am getting my 700P for $429. I also get a second line free, a 2nd phone (basic) free, no shipping, no tax and I can keep all my other account perks for free (free SMS, free mobile-to-mobile, keep the $10 (power) vision. Not bad I think. I am glad I did not have to fight - they said because I am already for 8+ years with them and never complain ...
    hahahha you ALLLLL got ripped off. I got retention to sell me the Treo 700P for $150. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I am on the phone with them now, I'm getting 400 minutes, free roaming, pcs to pcs, unlimited txt (for 2 years), nights starting at 7pm, ultimate vision pack, TEP for $63.99 before taxes, and a $150 service credit. I don't like to fight, I'm not aggressive, but I think I did, ok....?
    Got mine for $399 and they also finally threw on unlimited text messaging for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    hahahha you ALLLLL got ripped off. I got retention to sell me the Treo 700P for $150. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care to elaborate?
    Ya please do treoneo....
    Thanks to this thread, got mine for 329.99 tax & shipping included. Should be here either Friday or Monday. I wish there was a way you could just go down to the sprint store and pick one up if you pay through the CSR over the phone.......

I'm wondering if I can just have them go ahead and apply a credit to my account and let me purchase the phone via my account
    Tried that didn't work though. He then gave me unlimited text for free so I just purchased it through him.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by savior
    Thanks to this thread, got mine for 329.99 tax & shipping included. Should be here either Friday or Monday. I wish there was a way you could just go down to the sprint store and pick one up if you pay through the CSR over the phone.......

I'm wondering if I can just have them go ahead and apply a credit to my account and let me purchase the phone via my account
    OK. $329 is the new deal to get.... damn I should have waited Thats a really good deal. Waht did you tell him to get it for $329?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by hperry
    Care to elaborate?
    He got a 650!!!!

Man, I just got stonewalled like never before through retentions. I've been a customer since 1998 and have a ~$50/month bill along with my wife's $30 SERO plan. They claimed I don't spend enough per month and would need to upgrade my plan to even get the $75 "phone upgrade" rebate (bought by treo 650 18 months ago so I only qualify for $75 rather than $150 which requires 2 years). Ouch...and this will probably get noted on my account so I'll never have a chance at a sub $400 700p...

How much is your monthly plan? Rententions clearly told me My $85/month to them was not enough to warrant more than $75 off the 700p. ARGH!!
    325 for a 700p here. Sprint "split it with me" as the rep said.
    Quote Originally Posted by hperry
    Man, I just got stonewalled like never before through retentions. I've been a customer since 1998 and have a ~$50/month bill along with my wife's $30 SERO plan. They claimed I don't spend enough per month and would need to upgrade my plan to even get the $75 "phone upgrade" rebate (bought by treo 650 18 months ago so I only qualify for $75 rather than $150 which requires 2 years). Ouch...and this will probably get noted on my account so I'll never have a chance at a sub $400 700p...
    That's what retention's reponse was to me - verbatim. Also a long time customer and out of contract since Oct'05. Try a regular CSR and say that Verizon sells it for $399 - this has been done even still in contract. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    O.K. Guys check this out. Bought my 700p at Apopka Florida store for 574.99 with $75 dollar discount. Went home called retention told them on the way out verizon rep stopped me and offered the same phone for $399. In addition I was pissed that I have to pay extra for powervision after my plan has been grandfathered in for quite a while. He stated that he understands my frustration and gave me a $300.00 credit meaning I paid 315.24 for the phone. On top of that he gave me a life time 20% discount on top of the already 20% discount I recieve through my corporate discount and a life time $10 credit added on to the account. See if you can top that.......
    Might not be able to top the extra perks -- if only I didn't drop Sprint 2 years ago to move to Cingular (after 6 horrible years of service). But I had to come back for the 700P and cheap data plans.

But here is my cheap ($200) Palm 700P story.....

I ordered through Palm with the Developer Discount -- got it for $449. I was in a rush and activated it through Sprint Store the minute it showed up. I am a new Sprint customer. I didn't get any special credits -- though I argued. 1 day later I get the Palm email asking me to activate my phone with a $250 credit. I called retentions and told them I would cancel and re-activate using Palm if they didn't get me the $250 service credit. Took 8 minutes of hold and 3 minutes of talking to get the $250 credit -- so I now have a new Palm 700P for $199 total.

I'm sure this should work for anyone that ordered through Palm that was hasty or got less than $250 activation credit. Good luck.

Check out the link below to see what Palm customers are getting....
    https://www.sprintportal.com/home.aspx
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Yesterday I thru retentions I got the 700p for $349, thanks to this site I saved a bundle. Plus got an extra $22 off my monthly plan and 200 more mins/ txt msg free for 24 months $10 off power vision. new family plan is 2200 mins 2 lines power vision, with 20% loyalty disc, on top of my corp 25% disc. total monthly bill including tax on two phones shared plan power vison is $108 a month, plus got the phone for $349.

I was also still under contract as I bought my 650 last sept, so retentions really works. One thing I have been a customer since 1998 and have always paid about $100 a month, so I guess they make about $1200 a year on me for the last 8 years so that adds up to about $10,000 for the eight years. No wonder they want to keep us they are still making alot of $$$ on us, lol!!

But I will take the 700 for $349. Now what can I sell my 650 for you think, in excellent condition? An how long till my new phone gets here, they said 3-5 bussiness days?
    they have to trade their 650 treo's in
    ~there is no spoon~
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast