Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 260
  1. #21  
    Nextel and Sprint both do overnight delivery as standard. If you have a corporate account, you can even request Saturday delivery if you really need it.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    So Retentions is in stock today??
    I asked specifically if there was a "backorder" and he told me..NO, not at all.

    so we will see.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    Nextel and Sprint both do overnight delivery as standard. If you have a corporate account, you can even request Saturday delivery if you really need it.
    I hope you are correct and that I'll have my 700p tomorrow! There's nothing better than being able to play with a new toy over a nice weekend.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

    Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  4. #24  
    They were definitely backordered last night, however it seems the word around the water cooler is that they received a shipment this morning and will be shipping out based on when the order was received. Retentions, corporate, etc all have the same stock of phones, if one is backordered, they all are.
  5. lkmel's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #25  
    After calling about half an hour ago, I'm going to call again in an hour or so to see if it's still on "backorder" like they say. I'm hoping they'll say it went out!
  6. #26  
    Before:
    - Business account (not sure why it's set up that way)
    - Treo 600
    - 2 year contract expired last Oct
    - 100 text messages
    - 500 minutes ($45)
    - $10 PCS Vision grandfathered
    - Nights start at 9pm

    New:
    - Treo 700p
    - $250 off $650 phone = $400
    - 500 text msgs free
    - grandfathered $10 PCS Vision
    - 1000 anytime minutes ($40)
    - nights start at 7pm
    - new 2-year contract
    - Ship today, arrive Friday/Monday

    Sprint Retention Rocks? Yes.
    Nothing is impossible, just mathematically improbable.

    -Entrapment(Sean Connery)
  7. #27  
    Take it for what it's worth, but I just called the order status number for Sprint to see when I should expect the 700p and a free phone I ordered for my mother. I ordered the 700p through Retention first and the free phone was through Sales about an hour later.

    The free phone ordered through Sales is already at the dock ready to be shipped. The 700p via Retention is still pending and will take 2-3 days before it's delivered. I asked the guy why the phone ordered first is taking so long and he said because Retention is unable to process orders directly, rather they go through a template, while Sales orders go directly into the system.

    According to him, and I don't know whether it's accurate or not, but the earliest I might have the phone is Friday, and that's only if the order gets processed today. He said I probably won't get it until Monday. He did confirm that they are sent via UPS overnight saver shipper, not ground as I was told by Retention. Hopefully it'll get through processing fast. He made no mention of a backorder.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

    Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  8. lkmel's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #28  
    Thanks for the info Big Tone. I guess I'll just wait to call them back tomorrow morning to see the status. Hopefully they'll have a new shipment today or by tomorrow!
  9. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #29  
    I struck out. Might try again tomorrow.
  10. Bdraper's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #30  
    I got my 700p from Palm yesterday, you think I can call up retentions & talk them into giving me more for less? I pay about $70 for 250 anytime minutes, nights & weekends starting at 7pm, $15 vision, & pcs to pcs. Appreciate any advice.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21
    Hang up unitl you get someone who dosent sound pissed off when they say hello....
    Hey- I don't have all day! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  12. #32  
    I just used the 1-866-404-1335 number (thanks for that, by the way) to check on my retention order given last evening around 7:00 and she said because of so many orders, they are now on backorder, but were expecting another shipment any time and would ship out in order of the date and times ordered. Also gave me a month free power vision because of the inconvenience. That's all I know for now...except this forum rocks and couldn't be more helpful.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    The 700p via Retention is still pending and will take 2-3 days before it's delivered. I asked the guy why the phone ordered first is taking so long and he said because Retention is unable to process orders directly, rather they go through a template, while Sales orders go directly into the system.

    According to him, and I don't know whether it's accurate or not, but the earliest I might have the phone is Friday, and that's only if the order gets processed today. He said I probably won't get it until Monday. He did confirm that they are sent via UPS overnight saver shipper, not ground as I was told by Retention. Hopefully it'll get through processing fast. He made no mention of a backorder.
    That's exactly what I got today from the shipping/order dept. Order placed yesterday thru retentions, but not in system yet because still being processed which might be done later today or tomorrow, delivery Friday or more likely Monday/Tuesday. This, after Retentions told me it would be here tonight or Thur am at latest.

    My local store has 3 in stock right now, but (1) I have a $300 discount on the phone, and (2) I don't want the hassle of getting charged 2 phones, knowing that it will get screwed up somewhere. Quite frustrating.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdraper
    I got my 700p from Palm yesterday, you think I can call up retentions & talk them into giving me more for less? I pay about $70 for 250 anytime minutes, nights & weekends starting at 7pm, $15 vision, & pcs to pcs. Appreciate any advice.
    wow that's really really really expensive....
    or maybe i'm just locked into my 6 yr plan...
    i have 1000 anytime minutes...
    unlimited txts
    vision
    and nights and weekends starting at 8 pm
    and my bill is 86.00 after all taxes/charges and fees

    anyone else have similar plans?
    also what's a SERO plan?
    ~there is no spoon~
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    Yep. They will add a % discount on your entire bill if you've been with them long enough. The longer you've been with them, the > the discount. Just for asking.

    Not only that, they will be personable with you, too if you're nice to them. Be sure to kindly tell them any service problems you've had in the past. They will verify the notes to see if you're telling the truth and then they will do just about anything to keep you happy. ...
    Agreed. I happened to be in Century City, and the Palm store there had 1 left. I called Sprint customer service, noted that I'd been with them for 9 years, and they were kind enough to apply the discount to my account while I bought the unit from the Palm store.

    Niceness counts!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by klwong
    Agreed. I happened to be in Century City, and the Palm store there had 1 left. I called Sprint customer service, noted that I'd been with them for 9 years, and they were kind enough to apply the discount to my account while I bought the unit from the Palm store.

    Niceness counts!
    i'm on with the Sprint "consumer select" department (is that the retentions dept.?)...
    and my guy just offered me the 700p phone for $374.99
    and also gave me free 7pm begin free nights and weekends....
    WOO HOO!!!
    i gotta say that being with sprint for so long really does have it's advantages...
    ~there is no spoon~
  17. Bdraper's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    wow that's really really really expensive....
    or maybe i'm just locked into my 6 yr plan...
    i have 1000 anytime minutes...
    unlimited txts
    vision
    and nights and weekends starting at 8 pm
    and my bill is 86.00 after all taxes/charges and fees

    anyone else have similar plans?
    also what's a SERO plan?
    Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention, I only get 100 txts with that $70.

    SERO is the Sprint Employee Referral Offer; check it out at sprint.com/sero. You need a Sprint employee's email address to sign up for it. Some people here have said they call up Sprint & talk their way into a SERO. I haven't tried that.
  18. #38  
    Anyone know how hard it is to get free sprint to home?
  19. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #39  
    Yup, got the same deal here as others, and it only took 2 calls. Said it would take 3-5 biz days. No big deal. Look out ebay, here comes another 650.

    Treo 700p
    - $250 off $650 phone = $400
    - 500 text msgs free
    - Free PCS to PCS
    - grandfathered $10 PCS Vision (now Power Vision)
    - 1000 anytime minutes ($40)
    - nights start at 7pm
    - new 2-year contract

    Last edited by dwman; 05/31/2006 at 04:41 PM.
  20. #40  
    Retentions does rocks. Thanks to all for the info.

    New plan:

    2500 anytime mins
    7PM-7AM free mins
    free unlimited txt
    $10 power vision credit for 24 mos
    free mob to mob
    nationwide free LD
    20% loyalty discount off old plan rate

    3 new phones shipping tommorrow (I hope)
    1 700P, 2 A900
    free air freight
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions