Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Something interesting. Went to the sprint store today to get 700p. My contract expired last year but before it expired I bought a 650 at full price and had it activated on my number. Turns out that, although my contract is expired, my phone still has time on it before it can be replaced. That doesn't expire until november so I could only get a 75 dollar discount. I didn't know they were separate things. Maybe retentions will help.
    It took me 3 tries. First time they offered $399, second time $449, last time $329. I'm satisfied with $329. Looking forward to the jump from the 600 to high-res/high-speed!
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP
    It took me 3 tries. First time they offered $399, second time $449, last time $329. I'm satisfied with $329. Looking forward to the jump from the 600 to high-res/high-speed!
    They did on the 3rd try offer me $299 and a 10% discount on Power Vision (Phone as Modem, actually) which I took.

So this will be 300->600->650->700p
    Reading back through the thread, maybe I should have called back, but I'm still pleased with what I got. Maybe they're catching on to us, but for those who have yet to pull the trigger, here's another variation:

700p for $399.99 (CS quoted $650 - $75 disc.)
    A900 for $79.99 (CS quoted $350 - $75 disc.)

2000 ATM --> 2500 ATM (xtra 500 ATM)
    9 PM N&W --> 7 PM N&W (2 hrs. earlier)
    no activation fee
    no shipping
    500 text & 500 text (from 150 text & 0 text)
    $10 Picture Vision granfathered to PV
    Free M2M
    wouldn't bite on the 1st incoming (didn't have it before)
    wouldn't bite on the free roaming (didn't have it before)
    wouldn't bite to add a third, free line

monthly service charge with discounts (loyalty + business) comes to $80 after all taxes.

Still, a good deal! Thanks to all for their suggestions.

BTW - what's PAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by treodaily
    Something interesting. Went to the sprint store today to get 700p. My contract expired last year but before it expired I bought a 650 at full price and had it activated on my number. Turns out that, although my contract is expired, my phone still has time on it before it can be replaced. That doesn't expire until november so I could only get a 75 dollar discount. I didn't know they were separate things. Maybe retentions will help.
    I manage our company account and we've change phones a few times (usually when someone lost a phone or broke the phone). Sprint system seems to update the 'date'. However, when I say, we paid for the phone and did not get any discount or service credit they always reset they date.

I've had the same experience on my personal account, too. I can get the larger credit after pointing out - no previous discount received.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    It took several calls and being bounced about a bit, but finally I got to retentions, mention T mobile and today's CompUSA add or tre0 700 p for 299.99

Price of phone is $650 but I got the $150 discounct so $500. Then I got to keep the old plan with free data on two phones, had my minutes uped to 2180 a month from 2000 and my monthly cost reduced from $85 to $68 which they said would recoop me about $200 a year. No activation fee, shipped airmail to be here on Tues. I think this is ok. So it is good advice, that I got from here, thank you very much, to get to retentions. They really know what they are talking about and try to be helpful.
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie

BTW - what's PAM?
    Phone As Modem

hook your phone up to your laptop for internet
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc
    It took several calls and being bounced about a bit, but finally I got to retentions, mention T mobile and today's CompUSA add or tre0 700 p for 299.99

Price of phone is $650 but I got the $150 discounct so $500. Then I got to keep the old plan with free data on two phones, had my minutes uped to 2180 a month from 2000 and my monthly cost reduced from $85 to $68 which they said would recoop me about $200 a year. No activation fee, shipped airmail to be here on Tues. I think this is ok. So it is good advice, that I got from here, thank you very much, to get to retentions. They really know what they are talking about and try to be helpful.
    you might could have done better on the price of the phone, but you did get your monthly bill lowered, which will save you in the long run. good work
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Thanks. Phones came. Mine had a bad pixel and they're sending another. Screwed up the credits and such they promised, of course, and I went crazy on the phone. Took another $50 off of the Treo as a result, and upgraded both phones to the $20 PV plan with a $10 credit on line 1 (so $10), and $5 for the same on line 2. They're a real piece of work, I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by wbkm85
    Phone As Modem

hook your phone up to your laptop for internet
    I just finished my transaction with Retentions and wanted to pass on my experience. First, many thanks to everyone for the info on the forum.

I have been with Sprint since '99 and currently using a Treo 600. I had a Free and Clear plan with 500 anytime minutes, 7pm N&W, and unlimited Vision for $45 (before corporate discoounts). My contract ran out about a month ago. I've been interested in the 700p and decided to look into it today.

I had a very sharp Retentions agent who was very helpful. I mentioned I wanted to change plans and phones. He offered 1000 anytime for $40 and everything else the same. I asked about the 700p, but he would only go down to $425. I mentioned Verizon's $299 and Amazon's $245 deals, but he still couldn't do anything more. As time went on, we kinda bonded, and out of the blue offered me the SERO plan. He said he could refer me and set it up right away; "the money saved per month would pay for the phone difference in less than a year." He said I can retain my corporate discount too! Sounded pretty good, but wanted to do better on the phone price.

We discussed all of Verizon's plans and compared the differences. After awhile he did some figuring and said I could have the phone for $299. That matched Verizon and since he had been so helpful, I went for it. My account was current so he just put the phone cost onto my bill. I should have it by Thursday!

700p $299 plus tax ($599 - $150 phone upgrade - $150 credit)
    free shipping
    no activation fee
    --------------------
    SERO plan
    500 anytime minutes (Fair & Flexible)
    unlimited after 7pm
    unlimited mobile-to-mobile
    unlimited EV-DO data power vision
    24 month contract
    $30/mon - 23% discount = $23.10/mon

I'll be checking my invoices closely to make sure this all works out when the dust settles. He gave me his user ID so I can contact him if I need to. Just be friendly and polite and I'll bet it works out for you. Thanks, Sprint!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomeyer View Post
    I'll be checking my invoices closely to make sure this all works out when the dust settles.
    Check the invoice closely. I had a great deal over the phone also, but when the invoice came it showed a different story. I've had to 'Ride Sprint's A**' to get it worked out and finally it looks like it's going to be what it should be.

Bottom Line: Check that invoice very closely!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo View Post
    Check the invoice closely. I had a great deal over the phone also, but when the invoice came it showed a different story. I've had to 'Ride Sprint's A**' to get it worked out and finally it looks like it's going to be what it should be.

Bottom Line: Check that invoice very closely!
    Got it! Will do!

My agent called me back and left a message that everything was set up and phone ordered. We shall see!
    Mine's still not right. But I need the paper invoice, which should be out, shortly, so I can properly ride their A$$. Hell of a headache, I tell you.
    "Fun" has already started. As previously stated, I processed the new 700p and SERO plan on Mon, so I called today (Wed) to get the tracking # of the phone. The agent couldn't find it. She was sure the phone order wasn't processed, so she transferred me to Rententions. Before leaving she gave me (out of the blue) a $50 credit since she noticed I recently renewed my contract. Sounds good, I'll take it.

Retentions said that the other agent did everything but hit the 'process' button. She said she couldn't give it to me at the $299 price. We talked some more and she found a way to make it happen at the agreed upon price. I now have an order number and it's being sent overnight. One problem fixed.

I thought I was getting the phone on Thurs but it looks like Fri now. I sure hope it ships tomorrow and is overnighted. If it's not here on Fri and with Mon a holiday, Tuesday is the next delivery day. However, I go on travel for a week on Tues! Oh well. At least by calling in I got another $50 (I hope and will verify on the bill) so the phone should be $249.
    I've been with Sprint since 97 and have negotiated 2 or 3 retention deals during that time. the singular constant in all the deals is that the first bill after the deal is messed up. Its ridiculous that a customer can spend a cumulative amount of time measured in hours on the phone to get a deal and then have to call back 20 or 30 days later to clean up the billing problem. this last time (I did get a deal on a 700), I made a special effort to repeat the terms of the agreement muliple times and it was still incorrect. I guess this is just part of the package.
    Same here. I always dread that first bill. Same deal with Comcast, Cingular, ... Just part of the process...
    Call retentions today to try and get a better plan. I havent been in a contract for over a year. It took 2 tries but got a nice guy.

First lady offered me what was on the website and that was it, so I called back.

My Current plan
    Free and Clear America $105
    $10 for my wife's line and $5 for her 100 text messages, her phone no vision
    2000 Minutes
    Unlimited Text and Vision on my phone
    Roaming included
    Unlimited PCS to PCS

New Plan
    Free and Clear America (Dont know how her got this 4 year old plan) 2000 min
    Unlimited Text and Vision on BOTH phones
    Unlimited PCS to PCS
    Roaming included
    $85

Add in my 25% in discounts and I am at $63. Sweet!!

He offered this right off the bat. No pleading my case or anything. Plus he threw in a Sanyo Katana for $90 (wife needed a new phone).
    Sweet!

Got my 700p today. Very nice!
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    I didn't do quite as well as some of you, but I called Sprint up because my 600 has been dying, and I wanted a 700p.

Honestly, the biggest factor for me was the idea that I'd lose my unlimited texting by switching to PowerVision.

Anyway, I have only been a customer for three years now, and my plan is relatively small (300 anytime minutes, with Vision and unlimited texting for $50). Because of this, I wasn't expecting to get the best deal, but I was hoping for something.

I was offered to keep my existing plan, but switch to PowerVision, and have 500 texts included, instead of losing unlimited texting completely.

They gave me the phone for $379, which isn't the best, especially with how Verizon has it for $299 after rebate, but like I said, I wasn't expecting as much as some of you who use thousands of minutes. After I get the phone, I think I'm going to see if I can try and switch down from my $35 300 minute plan to a $30 200 minute plan that includes nights and weekends at 7pm, whereas mine currently start at 9.
    Just thought that I'd give this a try and see what kind of deal I could get on the 700p. Only spoken to the 1 person so far and he offered me the 700p for $400. I was close to taking it, but figured that's the worse case scenario since he has already noted that in my file. So I'll give it a couple of days and see what else I can manage to get. I'm hoping that I can at least get into the $300's somewhere. Also, from what I've read on here I should be fine with my current plan which is 2,000 grandfathered plan, unlimted texts and data and PCS to PCS. It's just a regular vision plan but it appears that this will use EVDO just fine too

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can swing a better deal on the 700p
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213