Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Hope everyone still sees this, since the original "Sprint Retentions Rocks!" thread has been moved to the "CDMA-USA" section (?!- mods, why did you do this since it obviously relates only to stories of new 700p deals?!?).

First of all, I have to really thank everyone on this forum for their great Retention stories, or I never would have had the hutzpa to go for the deal I got by calling retentions and completely bypassing regular Sprint CS. I had decided to hold off for awhile to upgrade, as I really didn't think I could afford to right now, given my particular situation. But, as I began following the various threads here, I found others tales to be truly inspiring, and also invaluable- making me decide to attempt to get what I wanted! It really is possible to get a fair shake with Sprint- and with a little luck in getting the right rep.

Here's my story: First off, I have been with Sprint for about 5 years (actually longer, but left for a couple years to go to other networks), and spend about $80 bucks a month on a F&F family plan with my wife. I took everyone's advice here and called the *2 number, then said "Cancel", which indeed took me directly to the Retentions dept. (to a very nice lady named Julie in Orlando, FL). I took about the same tact as Big-Foot in the "So -how did I do with Sprint????" thread and simply told her that I was interested in upgrading both my own and my wife's phones- mine to a 700p and her's to a Samsung A900, but had had several contacts with CS prior to this call and was not happy with the offers received ($150 equipment upgrade= standard $399. price for a new customer, only a $75 equipment upgrade discount on a second phone). I stated that I was "concerned" Sprint didn't seem interested in keeping my business, and that while I liked the service and coverage of Sprint, I was really considering just "taking my business to Verizon" (the key words ), as I had visited a Verizon store last night and they were selling the 700p for $399.99 with discounts, and in fact had also offered me an additional $100. discount on top of that price in the store. I also said that they (VZ) were going to give me a Moto Razor ("which my wife really likes"- absolutely true) for FREE. Well, she was very polite (and I always maintained a very cordial, but assertive tone), remarked that "let me see what we can do for you", and came back a few minutes later (I assume after checking my account, etc.) with the following offer- no haggling, no argument, just straight out: "I can offer you the 700p for $249.00". This didn't seem to be quite as good a deal to me as some others here have gotten, so I asked her "what about the $150.00 "New for You" Equipment upgrade I am entitled to? (which I am eligible for at this time)- can you do any better?" Well, she wouldn't budge on the $249 price of the 700p, but then she offered to also just give me the A900 for FREE! She said that she was originally going to offer it to me for a "reduced price of $79.99", but had subsequently just decided to offer it for free; so she would give me both phones for a TOTAL of $249.00, plus FREE shipping (2-3 day), NO activation fee on either phone, plus NO TAX!! (she said of course that I would have to agree to another 2 year extention of the contract on both lines, which I had expected anyway and have no problem with).

I told her I was VERY happy with this offer, and thanked her, then asked her if we could discuss my current plan. Long story short, after some short negotiations, she was also willing to give me the same 800 minute shared plan I have now, BUT with additional free N&W's starting at 7pm instead of 9pm, a $10.00 PowerVision discount on the $20 "PV Plus" plan on BOTH my primary and secondary lines(!!)- in essence making my PV cost only $10 month for me and $0 for my wife, FREE 500 text messages a month on BOTH lines, as well as free roaming and M-to-M (which as now both standard on all Family plans anyway).

All in all, I am extremely pleased with the result, and can hardly believe that it was so effortless. I truly believe however, that the key was dealing with retentions, vs. regular CS, as many on this forum have attested to, and also the fact that I had been a Sprint customer for so many years (and always paid my bills on time).

The phones should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, and both my wife and I are very excited!

Thanks again to all on this forum for your help!

Neo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bru1ns
    If you notice, I currently don't have a Power Vision plan. I left the plan as it is, and told them I'd call back when I receive my 700p to sign up for a PV plan [As I wanted to first read around to see if there are any PV plans, and as it stands, apparently there is a $10 EV-DO retentions plan, so I will pursue that when I call back to sign up for it, later on this week.]

Aside from that, she also waived the $36 activation fee on the phone, as well as having credited my account for the amount of the phone, so as to be able to ship the phone out immediately without me having to pay for it on my credit card on the spot [But I will have to pay the $299 within ten days, which is fine by me].
    Bruins, I strongly suggest you get the PV before your 14 days. call asap find the actual day of contract renewal and no more than 10 days into it sign up for pwoervsion or have it written into your notes (to confirm retention noteds call a second time about an hour later).

At your level you should pay at maximum $5 for powervision. that should be the access pack (equivelent to the $20 plan) which can be billed at $10 per month with a $5 or $10 credit. If you wait till your 14 daysafter contract renewal, your leverage will disappear.

after a variety of fenagling my current is:
    phone one:
    sprint power vision pack: $10 - $10 credit=$0
    500 sms $8 minus $8 credit

phone two:
    sprint power vision pack: $5 - $10 credit=$0

phone two:
    sprint power vision pack: $5 - $10 credit=$0

ie having powervsion and 500 messages on 3 lines is a net credit of $10 off the rest of my account. that may not easily be replicated but for any rention deal for customers who have been paying $100 on time, power vision access (the same as pv plus) you should pay between $0 to $5 MAX.
    I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. I just moved to Sprint a couple months ago and got a Treo650 w/ SERO. Through negotiating and numerous calling I managed to get an incredible plan:

500 Anytime Fair & Flexible
    Unlimited Night & Weekends (Starts @ 7PM)
    Unlimited Vision Access
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Total Equipment Protection

$30 after taxes base rate
    - 22% corporate discount
    - $5 ebill monthly credit
    - $5 autopay monthly credit

<b>$16.37</b> after fees & taxes.

After reading this thread, I called retention to attain a Treo 700p and was able to get the treo for $349 plus $150 service credit. Thanks everyone!

Nate.
    Yea sprints the best, just yesterday I was talkin to retention, told them how i could get the treoo 700p for $550 witout contract. so they offered me this they charged my card $499.99 and gave me $350 worth of service credits so i ended up payin only $149.99. And this was from a upgrade and i wasnt even eligible but they looked on my acct. and sway how many esn swaps ive done. And i still have my treo 650 to sell so if anybody interested message me.
    Wow, The Retentions Dept in Fla does Rock! I have been with Sprint since 11/15/95 (almost 11 years) and have no contract.

Old Plan:
    2000 anytime min for 2 lines at $85
    Extra (third) line for $20
    Sharing of Minutes
    Included Vision (photo/SMS/internet)
    Included PCS to PCS
    Insurance on Treo 650 $6
    Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $13
    TOTAL = $124

New Plan:
    Treo 700p sent to me for $300 charged by credit card over the phone
    Tweaked existing plan to keep all that I have in terms of 2000 anytime minutes plus

waived third line fee of $20
    added free roaming
    added first incoming minute free
    added Free Nights and Weekends at (on bill to state starting at 9pm) but agent told me she used codes to define night starting at 6pm. Go figure!

Added the lower tier of Power Vision since I have no need for TV for $15 with $10 credited for a total of $5

Added Insurance on Treo 700p of $6

New total is about $102 and then applied a 15% loyalty credit to bring the new total to $87

Configured the new treo to be a NEW LINE of Service to be added so I could keep my treo 650 as a "backup phone" and this way the new phone does not get counted against the Treo two year waiting period for new discounts.

So now I'll have a four phone account for about $100 or about $24 a month less than I am paying now and now have roaming, 1st incoming minute, N&W free, EVDO speed and with savings the treo 700p will be paid for in one year.

Did I miss something......The retentions agent told me how to get in touch with her should I need to make a change in the first month. My idea would be to switch phone numbers with the treo 650 and 700 in a month. With three kids, the oldest approaching adolescence I figure the plan configured this way is pretty good for the future.

I pray free SMS and photo upload is included in my regular grandfathered vision???
    sam
    Now I am worried about not specifically negotiating SMS and Picture mail as it seems like others of you did in fact negotiate SMS text messaging for a fee like $8-10 with the same amount in a service credit. In terms of using photo mail on the 700...not sure if I need to upgade to the 2nd type of power vision which includes photo upload mail.....okay...had to call *2, then ask to be transferred to retentions and left a message for the original CSA to call me back.....let's see. Anything else I should ask for in terms of service....????
    Yea but watchout for retention they mite not always tell you stuff, because i recieved my 700p last monday and did the esn swap and just looked at me usage about an hr ago and i got 1023 addition sms messages. I called up they told me when i did the esn swap the rep automatically changed my plan to power vision without telling me they said its a requirment now otherwise they cant activate a powervision phone. But the rep was cool and gave me powervision for $10 and unlimited sms for $8 and then a $8 service credit every month.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I just called up retentions for my parents who have 2 really old phones... They are both in their late 60's so they don't need all the internet added stuff... The rep gave them a shared family plan... 10% dicount on all bills, free mobile to mobile, free roam, and nights and weekends at 7:00 for free... as an added bonus they are sending them 2 A900 Blades for free... now the monthly bill went from 109.00 to 65.00... not to mention the percentage discount as well... This is why I like sprint they have always taken care of me.. and now they took care of my parents with a nice deal as well and 2 new phones...
    I'm not sure if others are aware, so this will be the second (and last time) I mention that you can now get the 700p from amazon for $250 after rebates. That alone is good, but I used it as a starting point for discussion with retentions and got the 700p for $150. Not the best price (which seems to be free) but certainly not bad either and didn't take much haggling.
    Did you have to commit to 2 more years of service?
    I'm still waiting for a sick deal for the PPC-6700...I'll then use that price (whenever it comes) as a starting point with retentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by heysam
    Wow, The Retentions Dept in Fla does Rock! I have been with Sprint since 11/15/95 (almost 11 years) and have no contract.

Old Plan:
    2000 anytime min for 2 lines at $85
    Extra (third) line for $20
    Sharing of Minutes
    Included Vision (photo/SMS/internet)
    Included PCS to PCS
    Insurance on Treo 650 $6
    Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $13
    TOTAL = $124

New Plan:
    Treo 700p sent to me for $300 charged by credit card over the phone
    Tweaked existing plan to keep all that I have in terms of 2000 anytime minutes plus

waived third line fee of $20
    added free roaming
    added first incoming minute free
    added Free Nights and Weekends at (on bill to state starting at 9pm) but agent told me she used codes to define night starting at 6pm. Go figure!

Added the lower tier of Power Vision since I have no need for TV for $15 with $10 credited for a total of $5

Added Insurance on Treo 700p of $6

New total is about $102 and then applied a 15% loyalty credit to bring the new total to $87

Configured the new treo to be a NEW LINE of Service to be added so I could keep my treo 650 as a "backup phone" and this way the new phone does not get counted against the Treo two year waiting period for new discounts.

So now I'll have a four phone account for about $100 or about $24 a month less than I am paying now and now have roaming, 1st incoming minute, N&W free, EVDO speed and with savings the treo 700p will be paid for in one year.

Did I miss something......The retentions agent told me how to get in touch with her should I need to make a change in the first month. My idea would be to switch phone numbers with the treo 650 and 700 in a month. With three kids, the oldest approaching adolescence I figure the plan configured this way is pretty good for the future.

I pray free SMS and photo upload is included in my regular grandfathered vision???
    sam
    Sam,

Thanks for all the info. I got someone who was not very bright in retentions and would not offer me anything like what you got. Best price on 700p was 399 and would not negotiate on other terms.

Can you give me the name and phone number of your CSA? I will not say anything about you but it would really help to get someone bright.

Thanks,

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by elefant
    Sam,

Thanks for all the info. I got someone who was not very bright in retentions and would not offer me anything like what you got. Best price on 700p was 399 and would not negotiate on other terms.

Can you give me the name and phone number of your CSA? I will not say anything about you but it would really help to get someone bright.

Thanks,

Steve
    Just keep calling back until you get a rep. that will work with you. That's the model for success!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    As a matter of fact I did. Got two 700p's for $249 and 20% off my bill. This forum helped a lot
    I got my Treo 700p for the listed Amazon price. Whoo!
    Last edited by Inspired101; 07/12/2006 at 07:56 PM.
    Sprint Retention Rocks! My story.... I truly was going to switch to Verizon (I'm out of contract, been with Sprint for 5 years, but my wife and family all have verizon, so I could call them for free if with verizon.....)

Before:
    Treo 600
    300 Minutes - $35 / mo
    100 Text msgs - free
    9 pm Nights/weekends
    Vision $15/mo
    TOTAL $50 / mo

NOW!
    Treo 700p $329 (after $70 service credit)
    1000 minutes $40/mo
    500 text msgs - free!
    7 pm nights/weekends - free!
    Power Vision $20 - $10 credit = $10/mo
    TOTAL $50.00 / mo

Some have done better, but this rocks for me!
    Been with Sprint since April of 2002
    This is what was offered:
    1000 anytime Minutes
    Nights and Weekends - 6pm
    Unlimited Text Message
    PCS to PCS Calling
    Unlimited Powervision
    == $53.99

And the 700P for $299

Any comments or thoughts? Maybe I should chase down any SERO perks now?
    they haven't offered anything better for me than 399 for the treo and $10 off vision after calling 3 times.
    This is what I picked up on my call as to how they calculate discounts:
    1. 25% of what is spent for the previous year is deducted whether it be towards service credits or the purchase price of a phone
    2. phone upgrade credit - approx. $150
    3. "giving up" on services (for example if you had 6pm N/W and PCS2PCS calling and doing 8PM N/W and NO PCS2PCS) have them removed from your existing plan to your new plan to see if that makes any difference - I WOULD SUGGEST THIS AS A LAST RESORT. I STARTED TALKING ABOUT THIS TO THE REP, BUT HE JUST WORKED A LITTLE HARDER TO MAKE IT ALL HAPPEN.
    2 calls so far. The first guy wouldn't offer me a 700p at all. The second guy would let me have it for $449. Geez. Yeah, um, no.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast