Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Wow, this is like buying a used car. Well, after speaking with 3 Sprint reps (one extremely rude) last week about Blackberry data plans etc., and going to two different Stores I was ready to cancel my Sprint service today and head over to Verizon. After about a half hour on the phone this is what I came away with.

-$299 700p after 150 dollar upgrade credit and a $200 "gold customer" credit (whatever the heck that is)

-Upgrade to the 2200 min fair & flexible with 7pm night calling

-$5 Power Vision (discounted from $15)

-Unlimited text messaging

-Unlimited Vision (second phone still regular Vision phone)

-No activation charge for 700p or for second phone when I choose to upgrade

-Total is $96 and change (before taxes) a month with Sprint discounts and my company 7% discount.

I had to agree to a 2 year renewal though

My old plan with my 650 and second line was $105 for 2000 minutes, 9pm nights, unlimited Vision and free second line.

I've been with Sprint since '99.

That being said, I'm sure my next bill will be somehow be
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by domer

how much is this plan on your account (before discounts)?
    These guys are going overboard! I received my two phones, but wasn't sure if I should go ahead and sync them if they were presassigned to our lines (I am on roaming from home). So I called up Sprint for clarification. Lady said they are not pre set. Cool. So I was thanking her and she asked if I wanted to renew my contract for a $50 credit. Told her I just did. She checked and said, OK, I'll give you a $50 credit. Amazing.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by domer
    Wow, this is like buying a used car. Well, after speaking with 3 Sprint reps (one extremely rude) last week about Blackberry data plans etc., and going to two different Stores I was ready to cancel my Sprint service today and head over to Verizon. After about a half hour on the phone this is what I came away with.

-$299 700p after 150 dollar upgrade credit and a $200 "gold customer" credit (whatever the heck that is)

-$5 Power Vision (discounted from $15)

-Unlimited text messaging

-Unlimited Vision (second phone still regular Vision phone)

-No activation charge for 700p or for second phone when I choose to upgrade

-Total is $96 and change (before taxes) a month with Sprint discounts and my company 7% discount.

I had to agree to a 2 year renewal though

My old plan with my 650 and second line was $105 for 2000 minutes, 9pm nights, unlimited Vision and free second line.

I've been with Sprint since '99.

That being said, I'm sure my next bill will be somehow be

WHOA!!! Wait a minute, you got powervision for $5 on the primary or on the sub?!! If so how the heck do you manage that??!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hi guys - Long time (3 maybe 4 years now) lurker.. Long time TREO user - was a 300 early adopter.. Stuck with them through the end of the line - ended up getting a 600 as a replacement phone from Lock-line as the 300 took a dump and there were no more left.
    Wanted to upgrade to the 650 but read all the horror stories here. So - I've just been waiting for the ROM update or something that would make the 650 work as promised.
    I almost jumped ship for the PPC-6700 as I thought that the Palm platform was going to die when Palm decided to embrace windoze.. Whew! Looks like they're still in the game and this unit looks like what the 650 really should have been..

Well - enough of the long story and let me tell you about my evening.

My wife is on Verizon with her service - no contract - she wants my T600.

I'm calling Sprint to bring a new line of service on board and for me to get a T700P
    I've not been under a contract now since late 2003 with Sprint.

Called the 800-777-4681 number and talked with Tammy in Sales.
    Gave her the new line, need a 700P story.
    Tammy told me that because of my loyalty she would give me $75 off the 700P if I signed a new 2 year contract for my wife and myself.
    I asked if that's the best she could do. Yup! And she thought she'd had done a good job for me! I told her that I needed to call Verizon to see if they had a sharper pencil.
    Tammy said "That might be a good idea!" (I kid you not!!!!)

I was just a tad steamed.. Read a little more of this thread.. Cooled down a little... Thought I'd try again.

I called back SprintPCS again and talked with Michael.

Well - Michael was just slightly less enthusiastic than Tammy but managed to pull the same deal out of his bag of tricks.. I asked him to hand me off to Retentions. He gives me an 866 number to call. I call it and it just refers me to a 900 number!!!!

Blood Pressure just went ballistic.

I'm going to call Verizonwireless. But first - I'll check their website to see if they have any special deals. Hmmm.. The website is down for service!!!

Back to TreoCentral and this thread.. Read a little more. Looking over the threads I see that the magic way to get to Retentions is to tell them to cancel your account.

Called the original number and did just that - with full intentions of cancelling unless I got a swingin' deal.

Okay here it is;

Mervin answered the phone. I told him that I was very concerned that SprintPCS didn't seem interested in keeping my business and that while I liked the service and coverage of Sprint, I am really considering just pulling the plug and taking the business to Verizon. Well, let's see what we can do here...
    No arm twisting - no dickering - he cam right out of the box with the following deal;

Just got the Treo 700p for $150 (total cost - not discount), PLUS I got a $50 Service credit for renewing my contract for 2 years.

The rest of the plan;
    800 minutes (shared)
    7PM nighttime start
    Free mobil to mobil
    My grandfathered Vision stays on the T600
    Power Vision for $5 a month (after a $10 month discount that lasts for one year and will be renewed upon request for the duration of my business with SprintPCS - This was notated in my account)
    500 Text messages a month (don't use it more than 20 times anyway)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    $70 a month (not including insurance I want to carry on both phones)

How'd I do????

Phone will be here on Wednesday.

Regards - Randy
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hi guys - Long time (3 maybe 4 years now) lurker.. Long time TREO user - was a 300 early adopter.. Stuck with them through the end of the line - ended up getting a 600 as a replacement phone from Lock-line as the 300 took a dump and there were no more left.
    Wanted to upgrade to the 650 but read all the horror stories here. So - I've just been waiting for the ROM update or something that would make the 650 work as promised.
    I almost jumped ship for the PPC-6700 as I thought that the Palm platform was going to die when Palm decided to embrace windoze.. Whew! Looks like they're still in the game and this unit looks like what the 650 really should have been..

Well - enough of the long story and let me tell you about my evening.

My wife is on Verizon with her service - no contract - she wants my T600.

I'm calling Sprint to bring a new line of service on board and for me to get a T700P
    I've not been under a contract now since late 2003 with Sprint.

Called the 800-777-4681 number and talked with Tammy in Sales.
    Gave her the new line, need a 700P story.
    Tammy told me that because of my loyalty she would give me $75 off the 700P if I signed a new 2 year contract for my wife and myself.
    I asked if that's the best she could do. Yup! And she thought she'd had done a good job for me! I told her that I needed to call Verizon to see if they had a sharper pencil.
    Tammy said "That might be a good idea!" (I kid you not!!!!)

I was just a tad steamed.. Read a little more of the Retnetions Rocks thread.. Cooled down a little... Thought I'd try again.

I called back SprintPCS again and talked with Michael.

Well - Michael was just slightly less enthusiastic than Tammy but managed to pull the same deal out of his bag of tricks.. I asked him to hand me off to Retentions. He gives me an 866 number to call. I call it and it just refers me to a 900 number!!!!

Blood Pressure just went ballistic.

I'm going to call Verizonwireless. But first - I'll check their website to see if they have any special deals. Hmmm.. The website is down for service!!!

Back to TreoCentral and the Retentions Rocks thread.. Read a little more. Looking over the messages I see that the magic way to get to Retentions is to tell them to cancel your account.

Called the original number and did just that - with full intentions of cancelling unless I got a swingin' deal.

Okay here it is;

Mervin answered the phone. I told him that I was very concerned that SprintPCS didn't seem interested in keeping my business and that while I liked the service and coverage of Sprint, I am really considering just pulling the plug and taking the business to Verizon. Well, let's see what we can do here...
    No arm twisting - no dickering - he cam right out of the box with the following deal;

Just got the Treo 700p for $150 (total cost - not discount), PLUS I got a $50 Service credit for renewing my contract for 2 years.

The rest of the plan;
    800 minutes (shared)
    7PM nighttime start
    Free mobil to mobil
    My grandfathered Vision stays on the T600
    Power Vision for $5 a month (after a $10 month discount that lasts for one year and will be renewed upon request for the duration of my business with SprintPCS - This was notated in my account)
    500 Text messages a month (don't use it more than 20 times anyway)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    $70 a month (not including insurance I want to carry on both phones)

How'd I do????

Phone will be here on Wednesday.

Regards - Randy
    That sounds pretty damned good! So let me get this straight, you are only paying $5/month for powervision?!!! Are you sure that is on the primary or on the sub? I got to get that deal!!!!!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    That sounds pretty damned good! So let me get this straight, you are only paying $5/month for powervision?!!! Are you sure that is on the primary or on the sub? I got to get that deal!!!!!
    Hi Gaurav -

Not sure what you mean by Primary / Sub...

There's only one account and one plan that will cover both phones. Vision on the T600 and PowerVision on the T700P. Unless there's something I missed along the line..

Thanks!

Regards - Randy
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Foot
    Hi Gaurav -

Not sure what you mean by Primary / Sub...

There's only one account and one plan that will cover both phones. Vision on the T600 and PowerVision on the T700P. Unless there's something I missed along the line..

Thanks!

Regards - Randy
    Its how sprint sets up the plans. The Primary line carries most of the charges, and the first add a phone, or sub, only has the aap charge and any extras. In most cases the second line is free and only pays half price for any extra services, ie vision. If the primary line was paying $15 for a vision pack and the sub had the same exact vision pack, it would be $7.50 on that line.
    I just called the Retention Number at 800-658-7564.

Someone answered IMMEDIATELY... No interactive system... The phone didn't even ring but half a ring!

They then xferred me fast to someone.

They gave me a $200 credit for the phone on my bill.
    They said go to the store and buy the phone... I am eligible for a $75 credit so the phone will come out to $375.... If I was eligble for a $150 credit it would be $300!)

Then I will deal with plans either at the store if they are competent, or when I come back home with retentions again.

Mike
    I have talked to a number of Sprint people (including Retentions) on different occasions in an attempt to get a deal. I have been able to keep my old Vision plan ($10, unlimited data and 100 text msg) with my 700p. The only thing that doesn't work is SprintTV. Every time I call I keep being told I can keep my old plan if I don't want the TV feature.

Having used MobiTV in the past, I don't want to pay extra for SprintTV on the 700p since the novelty wears off fast. No one at Sprint has mentioned a per kb charge (I've asked directly) so we'll see what happens. They say they show no extra charges on my bill.

Maybe I'll be able to get a deal if I get a huge data bill and have something to be angry about. It just amazes me how you get a different story with Sprint everytime you call. No consistency whatsoever.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Bumble - Thanks for that clarification.

I really don't know how they may have divied up the charges in that regard. All I know is that it's only one contract and the total charges are $82 a mo including $12 a month for the insurance on both phones.

I'll ask when I call back on Wednesday to get the phone activated and to transfer my wife's number..

Regards - Randy
    First,

There is another thread for this already. Maybe the mods can merge them.

Good price on the phone. I paid $324.99 without adding a new line.

I ended up with 2 lines sharing 2000 AT minutes, Free N&W 7-7, Free M2M, the $25 vision pack, and unlimited text messaging for $80 per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I was offered the same deal. It's the 15 dollar plan with a 10 dollar monthly recurring credit. (Primary phone, only one with Vision)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Sorry Rob - That other thread seems to have disappeared!!
    Regards - Randy

Factory Five Racing - Challenge Series - Car #7

Carriage House Custom Automotive
    Randy; I'd say you did pretty good. Looks like they gave you the typical run-around first though!!

I'm looking at this offer:

1 year contract (I refused 2 year)
    extra 20% discount for one year
    free roaming for 1 year
    free unlimited text messaging for 1 year
    Treo 700p for $249.99
    PAM with 40GB and unlimited Powervision on phone for $40 minus 20% discount (he wasn't sure if my corporate discount would also apply)
    Instead of PAM, I could get Powervision for 1 year free; I could cancel PAM anytime and get this.

He stated that my wife's portion of the shared plan would stay the same:
    2000 minutes
    unlimited vision
    unlimited text

He also offered a no charge 3rd line to share minutes. It would have same features as my wife's plan.

Total is like $97 per month with insurance on treo plus tax. What do you think?
    <merged>

Quick question -

I called retentions and got quoted the 150 (2 yr plan) plus 200 credit toward phone deal. And got some other concessions.

On Sprint's website there is an "instant credit" for the purchase of the 700p of $100.

Does anyone know whether if I buy through the website, I'll get the 100 discount in addition to what retentions quoted me?

thanks in advance - and for all the great info in this thread!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Before I go into detail regarding the deal retentions gave me, I will give you a brief summary of my situation. For the previous 10 days prior to getting my retentions deal, Sprint had managed to screw up my phone by un assigning it and changing it to 4 different numbers within those 10 days. Very strange, but Sprint managed to do such. Suffice it to say after 10 days, they finally got my account straightened out.

I've been with Sprint since '98, and my monthly bill averages to roughly about $120 a month, and I always pay on time. So, YMMV, especially those of you that are seeking good retention deals but dont have the history with Sprint to really garner retention deals that would be considered highly competitive.

Forward to yesterday: I had been out of contract since '00 and in that time, I always bought my phones full price so I wouldn't have to renew my contract, however, with the $399 deal for the 700p that was on the Sprint and Verizon websites, I figured what the heck, and called Sprint to try to get a good deal on the 700p along with a new 2-year contract.

I got a very nice retentions rep, Christy, based out of their New Mexico call center. Before I even mentioned that I wanted to renew my contract, I prefaced my conversation with her with how happy I was with Sprint that they were able to finally fix my account, after having gone thru that 10 day ordeal earlier this month. I told her to look at my account and she would see all the notes that had been written from my constant calling back and such. In other words, I was setting up the whole scenario, so she could see what I had been through. All along I managed to ask her stuff like "If that happened to you, wouldn't you have done the same?" and all along she kept on agreeing with me. About 8 minutes into the conversation, out of the blue, she stopped me, and then went on to tell me that in looking at my account, she could tell that I was a very loyal Sprint customer, and that she deeply apologized for all the troubles I had recently had with Sprint. She said she noticed I have the Toshiba VM4050, and that I was out of contract, and then that's where the magic began....

She asked me if I was interested in getting a better phone in exchange for getting a new 2 year plan. I told her that was a possibility as I had been looking at the new 700p. She mentioned that she would be able to offer me one of the flip phones for free, but that since the 700p was new, she couldn't offer that for free. I told her I understood, and I asked what was the absolute best deal I could get on that. She put me on hold while she went to talk with her manager to see what deal she could get me.

She came back and said she could offer me me the 700p for $249. She broke it down as such-- $150 for a new 2 year contract, $200 Sprint service credit, and an added $50 'Courtesy' credit for the 10 days I went without service earlier this month, since Sprint hadn't gaven me any form of credit for that. In total, she offered me $400 off the 700p, so I said absolutely I'll take the deal.

I previously had the $99 2000 ATM package, and she managed to sweeten the deal for me. Following is my new retentions package:

$99 2 year deal
    -2500 Anytime Minutes
    -6pm Nights/Weekends
    -Free Long Distance
    -Free Roaming
    -Free Mobile to Mobile
    -Free 1st Incoming Minute
    -500 SMS messages Included
    -Regular Vision Included
    -20% Loyalty discount

If you notice, I currently don't have a Power Vision plan. I left the plan as it is, and told them I'd call back when I receive my 700p to sign up for a PV plan [As I wanted to first read around to see if there are any PV plans, and as it stands, apparently there is a $10 EV-DO retentions plan, so I will pursue that when I call back to sign up for it, later on this week.]

Aside from that, she also waived the $36 activation fee on the phone, as well as having credited my account for the amount of the phone, so as to be able to ship the phone out immediately without me having to pay for it on my credit card on the spot [But I will have to pay the $299 within ten days, which is fine by me].

Sprint definitely came thru once again, and the reason I've been loyal to them since 1998! I hope you guys all get great deals, if you haven't already done so!
    One other thing to consider is that if you've had a sprint account since prior to June 1, 2003, you may be getting credits of $26/month per number if the settlement of 2 class actions go through - but you need to submit a claim form by July 12.

www.sprintclassactionsettlement.com
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast