Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye
    Tried for a third time and the stupid woman kept saying I had to go to the store to get the phone. Hanged up.

Forth time I was transferred to Business accounts and all they could do it the $150 credit to my account. I mentioned the verizon deal and they would not budge. I'm currently in contract until Dec 15th, 06. Payment history is great. Told them I would be cancelling in Dec and he said sorry we can not do anything for you.

Maybe they are on to us now.
    I don't think so, I just ordered mine Monday and received it yesterday. Others have ordered just yesterday and gotten good deals. Sounds like you're just getting the wrong reps or not sounding convincing enough about switching.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    What is a SERO plan? I want to get a discount I just paid $649 for my new 700p
    http://topgiant.com

UNLOCKED GSM CELL PHONES AND MORE
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Giant
    What is a SERO plan? I want to get a discount I just paid $649 for my new 700p
    I didn't think they were still charging anyone the full price for the 700p. You must have argued with them that you were not hanging up until you paid FULL PRICE for your 700p.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I just called retentions and told them I was going to pay 150 dollars deactivation fee and go to verizon and get it for 399, and they gave me a $100 credit, so I paid $549 instead of $649, not as good as other members got it for but I only have a $35 plan with then and had sprint for 2 months only
    http://topgiant.com

UNLOCKED GSM CELL PHONES AND MORE
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Giant
    but I only have a $35 plan with then and had sprint for 2 months only
    This why they didn't care about working with you. You need to build up a history in order to have leverage. Enjoy your new 700p.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    not to mention I have had 4 or 5 treo 650 replaced under warranty. So I am sure that added a lot of leverage in my favor to get the $150 price.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    not to mention I have had 4 or 5 treo 650 replaced under warranty. So I am sure that added a lot of leverage in my favor to get the $150 price.
    i thought you said you turned in your 650 to get an additional 150.00 off?

also how long were you on the plan 2 yrs?
    if yes...that means they DID add in that sprint rebate of 150.00...
    that's what my retentions agent said after i told her about the massive discounts that i was hearing about....
    ~there is no spoon~
    I got a pretty good deal on the 700p through retentions.....I've been with them since 98' so they were pretty good but it still took 3 calls. My plan in now 1500 min shared for $60 starting at 7pm plus first incomming minute free. the middle power vision package and 500 text for $25 - $15 in credits and 20% off my bill.

As for the phone I got the phone for basically $199 and I get to keep my existing treo 650...I had to buy the phone for $499 and they gave me $300 in service credits. I can either sell my 650 if I want or whatever.... I had to do a 1year contract because of the Plan deal so no biggie.....I also got the the treo 600 for free and upgraded to the 650 for free...so this works...
    my turn:

I have a "business" line so they sent me to "business retentions" whatever that is.

So I was on $85 per month with Vision/Text and 2000 ATM + $5 vision for my wife's add a phone. Included free Mobile 2 Mobile. We were running over by 100-500 mins per month due to calls home at night while travelling. Total bill has been $120-$150.

Now:

$95 for 2000 ATM + M2M + (New 7pm-7am free N&W)
    $25 Total Vision Plan
    $6 Insurance
    $0 Unlimited SMS
    $39.99 for unlimited PAM
    -------
    $165.99
    - $10 Vision plan credit
    - $10 Additional PAM credit
    - 33.20 new 20% discount monthly
    -------
    $112.80 new monthly bill

The 700p was $324.99

Not bad. I get PAM and the high end Vision. I don't pay for my wife's vision at all. I get free nights and weekends that I didn't have and will use a lot. This is a good deal for me. With the free N&W I bet my bill will drop!
    Last edited by Homie; 06/07/2006 at 04:35 PM.
    No love for me. I pay about $70/month for service on my 650 and have been waiting out of contract for about 6 months to get a deal on the 700p (or whatever it was at the time). You'd think they would have offered me something, anything, given that I've never missed a payment and on a middle-tier plan. Nope. They'd happily transfer me to telesales to pay $649. LOL.

Hello Verizon!

-MB
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    my turn:

I have a "business" line so they sent me to "business retentions" whatever that is.

So I was on $85 per month with Vision/Text and 2000 ATM + $5 vision for my wife's add a phone. Included free Mobile 2 Mobile. We were running over by 100-500 mins per month due to calls home at night while travelling. Total bill has been $120-$150.

Now:

$25 Total Vision Plan
    $6 Insurance
    $0 Unlimited SMS
    $39.99 for unlimited PAM
    -------
    $165.99
    - $10 Vision plan credit
    -------
    $112.80 new monthly bill

The 700p was $324.99

Not bad. I get PAM and the high end Vision. I don't pay for my wife's vision at all. I get free nights and weekends that I didn't have and will use a lot. This is a good deal for me. With the free N&W I bet my bill will drop!
    Not bad at all.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by belanger
    No love for me. I pay about $70/month for service on my 650 and have been waiting out of contract for about 6 months to get a deal on the 700p (or whatever it was at the time). You'd think they would have offered me something, anything, given that I've never missed a payment and on a middle-tier plan. Nope. They'd happily transfer me to telesales to pay $649. LOL.

Hello Verizon!

-MB
    You spoke to the wrong person.

Not even considering any special dals, just for renewing a 2yr contract the price should be $399--same as a new customer. If you've completed a 2yr contract, you'd be eligible for the same new customer price.

Call retentions directly, I'd guess that you were talking to a regular CS drone. They won't do a thing for you. If you'd seriously consider changing to Verizon, call them up and tell them that straight out. You've nothing to lose. You will get a better deal with Sprint than Verizon, if it's worth another phone call to you. But definitely call retentions/account services directly (800-658-7564).

Better yet, look into the OTI deal on this site. $359 plus a discount on your plan.
    my turn:

Now:

$25 Total Vision Plan
    $6 Insurance
    $0 Unlimited SMS
    $39.99 for unlimited PAM
    -------
    $165.99
    - $10 Vision plan credit
    -------
    $112.80 new monthly bill

The 700p was $324.99

I could be wrong, but I thought if you had PAM you didn't have to have the Vision package... that PAM includes both tethering and data on the phone, no? (I may have misunderstood.)
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by 77d7
    I could be wrong, but I thought if you had PAM you didn't have to have the Vision package... that PAM includes both tethering and data on the phone, no? (I may have misunderstood.)
    I specifically asked that question and I was told they stacked. PAM for $39.99 is only PAM and does not include Power Vision for the phone. If that is not true I will be calling back..... But she was very clear about that.
    Well, I finally bit the bullet, in spite of the bug reports, and bought the 700p from Sprint. I called *2, and said "CANCEL" to the bot as per instuctions in this thread (for those that haven't had the patience to read that far, THAT IS THE KEY as it immediatly connects you to retentions rather than general sales). I asked how much it would be to cancel my subscription and that got the conversation off to a good start. I did minimal homework by calling Verizon and confirming that I indeed could get the phone for $399 (with a bluetooth headphone thrown in). I had to speak to two people to get that offer from Verizon by the way. To make a long story short, I did not get as great a deal as some of the members on this thread, but agree that retentions did it's job well. I ended up with the 700p for $399 minus a $50 credit, no activation fee, a slightly better plan than the smallest Free and Flexible Plan that I had previously (new plan starts unlimited calls at 7:00pm instead of 9:00), and the $20 data plan for $10 for the first of the two years I contracted for. Two other small charges were waved. My current contract was not up until the end of the year; the new two year contract starts from today. The new plan also eliminates the roaming charge which I never used anyway, but it was explained that if I now allow roaming and made one more adjustment, the phone would pick up the strongest signal in an area rather than just auto-connecting to the Sprint Network and this should at times allow conversations in areas where I was previously losing the signal. If true, I thought that was nice (I know, I know, I am a little behind the times on this these days, bear with me). This was not the greatest deal, but it really should cover my modest needs and gives me access to EVDO (very important to me) which is widely available in my area. I did not have the patience to read this entire thread, perhaps if I had done so and put a little more energy into it I would have fared even better. The Sprint rep was extremely polite and professional.

Thanks to TreoCentral and the people who took the time to explain how not to pay top dollar for the phone.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/07/2006 at 09:45 PM.
    I specifically asked that question and I was told they stacked. PAM for $39.99 is only PAM and does not include Power Vision for the phone. If that is not true I will be calling back..... But she was very clear about that.
    That could very well be the case, but I might spend a few minutes searching out someone who has experience with PAM to see if that's really the case.

I don't doubt at all that they confirmed that to you, but in my time with Sprint, I have learned to never trust what I hear from the CSRs until I either experience it as fact or see it on my bill.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gillum
    I made two calls to retention tonight and need some advice. I have the old 2,000 minute shared plan with unlimited vision and SMS on both lines for $85. The first call I was offered the 700P for $325. The second call (and I was surprised to find that they had a record of the first call) I was offered the 700P for $325 plus free unlimited SMS and free powervision (essentially the same as my old plan but EVDO). The second call was a little used car like as he kept saying that the unlimited SMS and powervision were one time offers that would disappear if I didn't take them tonight. Both deals involved a 2 year contract (I'm currently out of contract)

The sticking point is the price as I'm seeing some of you with deals of $199 or $275. The other contention is the contract as I see some of you get a deal without a contract.

Any advice?

-------------------------
    So I called back a 3rd time today and spoke to a retentions rep for almost 40 minutes. Here was his deal:
    1 year contract (I refused 2 year)
    extra 20% discount for one year
    free roaming for 1 year
    free unlimited text messaging for 1 year
    Treo 700p for $249.99
    PAM with 40GB and unlimited Powervision on phone for $40 minus 20% discount (he wasn't sure if my corporate discount would also apply)
    Instead of PAM, I could get Powervision for 1 year free; I could cancel PAM anytime and get this.

He stated that my wife's portion of the shared plan would stay the same:
    2000 minutes
    unlimited vision
    unlimited text

He also offered a no charge 3rd line to share minutes. It would have same features as my wife's plan.

He "waived" the $18 upgrade fee but wanted $12 for 3-5 day shipping! What a crock. I walked away over the $12; he wouldn't budge. I got out of canceling by playing the number portability card. I guess the deal is still available for me. I just wish they'd give a little more!

What do you guys think?
    I dont think anybody ever gets anything without a contract.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    all i care about is now i've got my phone...
    and it rocks...
    and my plan rocks and woo hoo!~!!
    that's all
    ~there is no spoon~