1.    #1  
    I was wondering if any Verizon people out there have called retentions and threatened to jump ship to Sprint for the SERO plan. I wonder if Verizon would offer any goodies...
    They wish you well and cancel your account...so don't make any bluffs you can't live with.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    One time I baught a phone off of ebay, I called to have it activated, the lady I talked to could not get it to activate for me and asked if I would call back the next day and talk to a tech, I did, the first thing he said was "Oh I see you called and tryed to activate an ATT&T phone on our system" with a real condicending attitude, after trying to explain to him that it was supposed to be a phone that would work on his system I finily asked him how much time I had left on my contract whole different attitude after that, I cancled my plan, got a phone call the next day with offers, I told them no thanks, didnt like the attitude and explained what had happened. Still pisses me off when I think about it, but have not regreted leaving them, I am with Sprint now and every time they **** me off I just go check out the cost of other plans like Verizion and then not pissed any more
    Terry
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I hope Verizon suffers for that policy.
    Verizon: Lowest churn in the marketplace. I wonder why?
    dstudboy1-

Nothin'!!!! They pretty much handed me my bags and let me walk out the door. I'm not a great customer since I only spend 40-50 bucks a month with them so I can understand why.

After a week of SERO and a day with the 700P on Sprint I feel fine but I will wait to see the coverage outside my area and customer service levels when I have a problem before giving Sprint the thumbs up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Verizon: Lowest churn in the marketplace. I wonder why?
    Heh; because they have one type of customer and it's not us. They work on having the most reliable voice coverage in the industry and just stick with that. Data network, cost, keeping up with latest tech be damned...

But it works pretty well as a business strategy, I have to respect it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    They work on having the most reliable voice coverage in the industry and just stick with that. Data network, cost, keeping up with latest tech be damned...
    They "had" the most reliable.....no doubt they are working on getting it back.....I'l bet that's why their EVDO tower upgrade rate fell off as they work on adding new towers instead of upgrading.

From Cingular press release after Telephia's independent study was published.

"Telephia conducted drive tests last year in 290 markets across the country, covering roughly 88 percent of the U.S. population.

The testing team placed more than 1.5 million calls and measured the number of calls dropped versus the number of calls placed. The results showed that our Cingular network is significantly better than Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon on this key measurement."
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    From Cingular press release after Telephia's independent study was published.
    Yeah - THAT was some really conclusive witchcraft. See this Wikipedia link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    During the first quarter of 2006, Telephia reported that during an extensive nationwide test of major wireless carriers, Cingular Wireless dropped the fewest amount of calls across the country. Cingular in turn began advertising with more aggression the "Allover Network" citing Telephia as "the leading independent research company." This was in stark contrast to the Consumer Unions published "Consumer Reports" which slammed Cingular for static and dropped calls.

Telephia initially refused to provide details on its study, and a spokesman for the company has said, according to the Boston Globe, that "Cingular shouldn't have even mentioned the company's name to a reporter[10]." The research company later stated that Cingular had a "statistically significant lower dropped-call rate than the competition across some market/time period groupings," but that Telephia had "no knowledge of the specific methodology... Cingular used to reach the nationwide 'lowest dropped call' conclusion."
    I always rely on reports voiced in a commercial for MY analytic sources.
    Cingular also maintains some of the oldest networks in the country. Kinda like Microsoft and "backwards compatible." So much for technology
    Well behaved women rarely make history