1.    #1  
    I've been with sprint a little over two years now, and it's time to get a new phone. But the thing is, I'm also moving and will need to change my number to a local area code. I also have a good friend that works for sprint and was interested in the SERO plan.

Now my question here is this, can I use my 150 credit towards a new phone and switch to a SERO plan at the same time? If not, is there anything stopping me from just closing this account now that my two years is up, and sign up for a new contract under SERO and get the discounted phone at the same time-- seeing as how I will need a new number anyway.

Thanks
    The only problem I see is the 700p isn't offered for SERO. Retention may be able to help with that though.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I see you never even mentioned the 700p...Doh'.

Guess I've been spending too much time in the 700p forum and just assumed the 700p is what you wanted...After all doesn't everybody???
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    I see you never even mentioned the 700p...Doh'.

Guess I've been spending too much time in the 700p forum and just assumed the 700p is what you wanted...After all doesn't everybody???
    Maybe he wants a 6700?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by umdstu
    I've been with sprint a little over two years now, and it's time to get a new phone. But the thing is, I'm also moving and will need to change my number to a local area code. I also have a good friend that works for sprint and was interested in the SERO plan.

Now my question here is this, can I use my 150 credit towards a new phone and switch to a SERO plan at the same time? If not, is there anything stopping me from just closing this account now that my two years is up, and sign up for a new contract under SERO and get the discounted phone at the same time-- seeing as how I will need a new number anyway.

Thanks
    You'll get the $150 off. Being out of contract, they'll treat you like a new customer. Unless you've changed phones at all during your plan. Even one replaced under warranty. They reset that "New for you" timer when you do that. A whining crying call to cs usually reverses it though.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    If you are out of contract just cancel and sign up with Sero. You aren't attached to your number too much since you are moving and need a new one anyway.