1.    #1  
    I currently have no accounts with Sprint as I am a Cingular Treo 650 customer. I recently ordered my 700p through the Palm website. It had me pick a Sprint plan, but did not ask for any information to run a credit check (SSN, etc).

It does not even look like I am really signed up for a Sprint account since they did not run a credit check. Is this normal?

At what point is the credit check run? Is there any reason I can't just start up with a SERO plan rather than the one I picked on the Palm website when my 700p arrives?
    Last edited by stroths; 05/25/2006 at 07:13 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    When you went through checkout, what did it ask you?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  3.    #3  
    It asked what plan I wanted, what options (sms, nights at 6pm, etc), Billing and Shipping Info, payment info (credit card). However, it did not ask for my social. I know that credit can be pulled without a social, but the most accurate way it to use the SSN as well.
    When I ordered my 600 from HANDSPRING 3 years ago, I think the process was similar. When I got the phone, I had to call and activate it. This is when they asked for my SSN and did a credit check. Probably will go the same way for you.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  5.    #5  
    That's what I was hoping. Thanks leadtrumpetdave