1.    #1  
    I am looking at getting a new 700p from one of these companies. I absolutely NEED unlimitied text messaging, and at least 1300 minutes.

Can anyone help me out with which is the better company to go with, and who's service is better?

Kyle-NJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer
    I am looking at getting a new 700p from one of these companies. I absolutely NEED unlimitied text messaging, and at least 1300 minutes.

Can anyone help me out with which is the better company to go with, and who's service is better?

Kyle-NJ
    If you NEED unlimited text messaging, you'll probably going with Sprint. Unlimited text is $15 with Sprint. Verizon has plan with unlimited "IN" messaging and 2500 additional for something like $20 or $25.

As for service, that depends on the area you're in.
    So you want to hear the ironic part. There's a thread labeled 700p Sprint or Verizon about 3 threads down (Right Now)...its not even specifically for the 700p, someone just wanted to sneak it into the 700p thread and it was moved here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114662

This should help you with your decision on which company is preferred in TC
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Over the years I have used all of the major cell companies. Just before switching to Verizon I was with Sprint for 2 years. I travel extensively and use my phone constantly. I can sum up the difference between Sprint and verizon thusly:

If saving money is an over-riding concern, that is the ONLY benefit of Sprint: Verizon costs 10-30% more for phone and data plans.

EVERYTHING else is dramatically better with Verizon.

>>Coverage, signal, dropped calls, all much better
    >>When my sprint phones would break, I had to call a non sprint company that handled the sprint phone insurance. They would treat me badly, chanrge me $35 and ALWAYS send me a replacement phone that did not work. After multiple replacements I would go to a sprint store and talk them into giving me a new one. When my VZW Treo broke, a Vzw person on the phone apologized profusely and immedialey sent a perfectly functioning T650 at no charge.
    >>Tech support is the biggest difference. WIth Sprint I would be in queue forever, they would not know much about fixing the phone, after they said they put in my fix, they would tell me I have to wait 72 hours for the fix to work, it never worked, adn I started all over again at square one. With VZW, they usually answer within 30 seconds, They always know the fix or find someone who does, and it works immediatly. The ultimate was when the VZW tech support person who had helped me called me back a day later to check on me and see if the fix had worked. When he said who he was I said "Who is this really?"

Bottom line, which makes you happier: Lower cost, or higher service and utility?
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    Bottom line, which makes you happier: Lower cost, or higher service and utility?
    It's definitely a "best value" calculation. For some that means lower price - for others that means lower frustration.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    While we're on the subject...a question about verizon vs sprint software. As far as I've been able to tell from posts, Sprint comes with 2 additional pieces of software...SprintTV and Handmark's Pocket Express (free weather, sports, news, 14 day trial of everything else). My question is... are both of these in the Sprint ROM? In other words, if I wanted to pay for pocket express with verizon, would it take X megs out of RAM, while with Sprint, it's no additional memory usage?

I know there's now 60 megs of RAM, but that will get filled quickly with some large apps/ databases that need to be in RAM rather than the card (yes, even with zLauncher, etc).... thanks.