1.    #1  
    I am currently with Cingular in So Cal. GVery good phone coverage. Edge- Great coverage...speeds good, not great. Good customer service.

I was considering moving to Verizon for 3 reasons:
    GSM noise on speakers (computer at desk, nearby speakers....)
    Improved EV-DO speeds.
    Cheaper 700P

But I priced the Verizon plan today, my God they are expensive. Am I doing something wrong in pricing??? I would have two Treos on the plan, one with unlimited internet, one with measured service. I need SMS of course, i can't believe it is not included in a Verizon Treo plan. The family plan I priced today was $150 a month. Is that for real?

With Cingular I am getting 1300 mins shared. 1 treo with unlimited web, one with 5mb. Both 1000 free txt messages and 200 picture messages. Rollover. usually $109

And if I move to Verizon I will no longer have service in Europe, right? Was thre last summer for 2 months and having service was great.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 05/22/2006 at 12:07 PM.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114662

Should help you with your decision. I'm sure you have formed your own opinions about cingular since you have already been with them.

With Cingular I am getting 1300 mins shared. 1 treo with unlimited web, one with 5mb. Both 1000 free txt messages and 200 picture messages. Rollover.
    Believe me when i tell you that you are not getting anything close to that for what you are paying now if you switch over to Verizon, unless ofcourse if you have a home that you can mortgage.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    The family plan I priced today was $150 a month. Is that for real?
    That's it?? For Verizon, i'd expect atleast $200 but i guess they add that into the bill every month with random charges that you know you never used. Your quoted $150, expect $300
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    The real question is.....when will Cingular get the 700P? 4 months? 6?
    That's a tough question. I am going to move from Cingular to Sprint for the 700P and the SERO rates.

I find it odd that Cingular does not claim to have any plans for the Treo 700w even at this point. If there aren't any current plans for it, it makes me wonder when (if ever) they will carry the 700P.

Considering most of the world is GSM, it would make sense for Palm to push on that platform, but the CDMA providers must be padding their pockets well to delay the GSM rollout.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    That's it?? For Verizon, i'd expect atleast $200 but i guess they add that into the bill every month with random charges that you know you never used. Your quoted $150, expect $300
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Don't mind me, Verizon's just made me a little bitter. I guess you would be too if you were trying to be screwed every time you got a bill. How my bill's are $50 above my quoted plan, i'll never know
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010