1.    #1  
    I am currently a Cingular Treo 650 customer, but am seriously considering moving to Sprint with the release of the 700p and the great SERO rates.

I understand that you can setup EVDO capable phones to route calls through even if you are on the Internet at the time. Is this true?

If I were outside of the EVDO coverage, it would default to the slower speed (144 I believe). Would calls come though in this case, or would they go to voicemail?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $with$ $1xEvDo$, $on$ $an$ $incoming$ $call$ $the$ $handset$ $will$ $automatically$ $pause$ $and$ $active$ $data$ $connection$ $to$ $allow$ $the$ $call$ $to$ $go$ $through$ $and$ $then$ $re$-$establish$ $the$ $data$ $connection$ $after$ $the$ $call$ $is$ $finished$. $It$ $does$ $not$ $allow$ $you$ $to$ $have$ $dual$ $data$+$voice$ $at$ $least$ $on$ $the$ $Rev$ $currently$ $used$ $by$ $Sprint$ $etc$. $However$, $if$ $you$ $are$ $not$ $in$ $1xEvDo$ $coverage$ $and$ $you$ $handset$ $automatically$ $reverts$ $to$ $1xrtt$ $coverage$, $then$ $this$ $will$ $not$ $apply$....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    In looking at some of the other threads, I think that is the case. As long as you are in EVDO coverage areas, calls can be setup to pause the data connection and come through. If I go out of EVDO coverage range, it reverts to 1xrtt and calls go to voicemail if an active data transmission is occurring.

With Cingular GSM, the data connection always pauses and lets the call come through regardless if I am within the EDGE network or not. Now I have to decide if I should switch from GSM to CDMA...decisions decisions
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    It maynot be enabled on Sprint. I remeber reading that it may be a little buggy so they disabled it on the A900. But if you enter a phone code you can reactiviate it.
    http://kb.pcsintel.com/index.php?tit...amsung_MM-A900
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre