Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    Thanks so much for all of your replies - they are helpful.

I spend most of my time in the Seattle/Portland areas and throughout both states. I also have been known to venture into Idaho and Nevada as they are also part of my territory.

Does anyone here have any Sprint experience in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Nevada? Success stories? Horror stories? I'm obviously leaning towards Sprint but I would like to uncover as much as possible before making my employer shell out huge dough for data/voice/roaming services. (I worked a deal where they're buying the fuggin' handset too!! )

Thanks again!

SMEGGIE
    I'm in Vegas and get excellent service here. Haven't travelled around the rest of NV to check out the reception though.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    This "Sprint vs Verizon" issue is *key* for me well as I decide which carrier I want to go with the 700P. Have been with Verizon for years in the Cleveland area, but as others have noted, would benefit from less expensive data plans. Sprint coverage was terrible when I tested it last (about 5 years ago), but I know things have changed. However, in speaking with people locally (as well as here at TC), I keep hearing conflicting stories regarding coverage.

I went into a Sprint store yesterday.... very nice folks. What I hadn't heard before is that according to the guy there, Sprint will be changing there 14 day return policy to 1 month! If true, that really gives one the option of testing coverage for an extended period, with no commitment other than service/minutes charge for the month. I will probably do this when the 700P comes out, keep my Verizon 650, then port over the number after a month if all works out.
    "Since the Verizon fanboys haven't crashed the party yet..."

look who's the fanboys. you talk all about how cheap sprint is, have you ever heard of value? its amazing how religious you sprint people are. you'd almost take your enthusiasm for defensiveness. talk all you want vzw has the best network, and it is for that reason that they can get away charging the rates they do. its called capitalism. if there wasn't a value associated with vzw's preniu., they'd be out of business.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Having reviewed both coverage maps in detail, it's '6 of one, half dozen of the other' as they both have spotty and shared service in the aforementioned locations.

Sprint it is. Thanks for all of your input!!!

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Verizon rules!!!!

im so sad that i renewed a contract with Verizon 3 months ago. I'm stuck. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo

look who's the fanboys. you talk all about how cheap sprint is, have you ever heard of value? its amazing how religious you sprint people are. you'd almost take your enthusiasm for defensiveness. talk all you want vzw has the best network, and it is for that reason that they can get away charging the rates they do. its called capitalism. if there wasn't a value associated with vzw's preniu., they'd be out of business.
    Back from motocross:

And thats all Verizon has. In time as Sprint invests in their network, Verizon will have to come up with some other marketing technique beyond "can you here me now", because they have nothing elso going for them. And anyways, as I said before...Verizon is made up of 3 cellular companies. Verizon didn't build anything up. Sprint built their network up from scratch with the latest in quality being all digital fiber optic. Sprint already surpassed Verizon with their EVDO coverage. As soon as their consistant all Sprint network grows...they will have Verizon at all angles.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    This "Sprint vs Verizon" issue is *key* for me well as I decide which carrier I want to go with the 700P. Have been with Verizon for years in the Cleveland area, but as others have noted, would benefit from less expensive data plans. Sprint coverage was terrible when I tested it last (about 5 years ago), but I know things have changed. However, in speaking with people locally (as well as here at TC), I keep hearing conflicting stories regarding coverage.

I went into a Sprint store yesterday.... very nice folks. What I hadn't heard before is that according to the guy there, Sprint will be changing there 14 day return policy to 1 month! If true, that really gives one the option of testing coverage for an extended period, with no commitment other than service/minutes charge for the month. I will probably do this when the 700P comes out, keep my Verizon 650, then port over the number after a month if all works out.
    I don't think it works like that. You could retrun the 700p or any other piece of equipment after 1 month but you would still be in your contract with a new number and porting your VZW number over after the fact wouldn't work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc

If true...thats cool

Back to Motocross
    at&t iPhone3G
    This is the first forum i've been to that isn't filled with Verizon fanatics. These guys will burn themselves to death long before they admit that Verizon has ANY faults.

I think i've finally found my home away from home
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010

Noone's arguing that Verizon doesn't have a good network. I've been with Verizon for 2 years and would tell anyone that Verizon's network, atleast in my area, is great. Most other networks roam in my basement and around my area so Verizons great on that part. Unfortunately, thats not the whole story

You wan't to tell me about value? Where's the great value i'm getting from Verizon when they over charge me $40, $50 and $60!! on my bill? After 30 minute conversations on the phone, only then do i get my money back. This did not happen once or twice, it is a frequent thing and has me checking over my bill and preparing for a looong phone call every month.

Tell me about value when i am told i am paying for unlimited text and find out it is another one of thier elaborate scams. When asking them why i am paying for text, they tell me that it is Unlimited IN-TEXT.

There are about 50 other stories i can tell you but im sure we all have better things to do then to read this. It has nothing to do with being a fanboy of anything or anyone. It has to do with being screwed over and how long you will take it before you realize you have other options.

But please, continue to tell me about Verizon's Value...OH YEA...their working for me!
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    how about no matter what happens to my phone, wind rain, stolen broken, or just smells funny, verizon sends me a replacement in 24 hours, on their dime. value to you? I've read the sprint disaster stories re: replacements.
    how about no matter what happens to my phone, wind rain, stolen broken, or just smells funny, verizon sends me a replacement in 24 hours, on their dime. value to you? I've read the sprint disaster stories re: replacements.
    Let's just hope to God that your not under a two year contract because you will never, and i emphasize NEVER, EVER,EVER get out of that contract! It will keep resetting until your dead. God knows they'll pass that contract on to your kids but good luck with that. As for me, im out as of 5/28/06
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Best network?!?! Come on! Maybe best marketing and advertising department! Because advertising the heck out of that "America's best network" garbage or whatever it is, it works. Everyone believes it. Well, if anyone actually researches, Alltel, Sprint, and Verizon have the exact same "extended" coverage maps thanks to all 3 being roaming partners off of each other.

Value?!?! Please! ! If Alltel, Sprint, and Verizon have virtually the same voice coverage thanks to roaming agreements between the 3 but Sprint has significantly lower prices and a bigger EVDO footprint than either Alltel or Verizon, who is value? An ***** could figure that one out...
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    This is the first forum i've been to that isn't filled with Verizon fanatics. These guys will burn themselves to death long before they admit that Verizon has ANY faults.

I think i've finally found my home away from home
    This is due to the fact that this forum is occupied by educated individuals who's occupied brain mass does more than just take up space...
    "CAN YOU HERE ME NOW" That was for all of the suckers in resource.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I've been with Sprint for several years and have been very pleased with the service. Vision, text, etc work consistently across the network & I get vision access everywhere I can get a signal.

Sprints CS has been very helpful every time I've called, they even got me unlimited texting (an expired pkg at the time, $5/mo) last time I called, even though their current offering was 500 txt msg's/month, it was even less than the 500 option ($8/mo)

I went waterskiing with my parents in central Illinois (north of Kankakee along the Illinois river) and forgot I had my phone with me until my gf called and it started ringing. No one thought you could even get a signal out there at all. I was able to order movie tickets on-line using Vision from the beach
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    I confess to one issue with Sprint...I would like to pistol whip a good majority of CS.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I confess to one issue with Sprint...I would like to pistol whip a good majority of CS.
    Lol, ofcourse you cannot hold an entire company responsible for one of its employee's.

If that was true, im sure many more people would hate Treo Central
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Lol, ofcourse you cannot hold an entire company responsible for one of its employee's.

If that was true, im sure many more people would hate Treo Central
    I could name a couple from here...but I won't go there.
    at&t iPhone3G
    One thing to keep in mind:

Aside from coverage, next most important thing is what you paying. Verizon's plans are more expensive than Sprint's however Sprint makes far more money per customer than Verizon does ($60 vs $48). So how is that possible ? A great many more Sprint users exceed their plan usage and / or buy extra services than Verizon users do.
    I've used Sprint for 5 years now and being a Treo owner for 18 months I have to say I am quite happy with them. I have a friend that has Verizon and uses the 650 (among others who also use Verizon, but not with a Treo) and they all say how they are unhappy with not only with the service, but with the company as a whole. I have never had any billing problems with Sprint, nor have I gone more than 30 seconds cursing them once in a while. Everyone is going to have issues with their cell company, Verizon just has more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast