Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello Folks!
    I have been away from the forum for a while so please bear with me if this question seems a bit basic. I have a Sprint plan in which I have ulimited internet access for $10 per month which I believe normally goes for $15. I understand that EVDO is much faster but more expensive and was wondering if the 700p would still be able to use my current $10 plan (which I believe is for Vision phones). Or, will I be required to use the faster, but far more expensive EVDO option for the net?

Thanks for any help with this.
    There are several thread that deal with this. I would suggest a quick search.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Hello Folks!
    I have been away from the forum for a while so please bear with me if this question seems a bit basic. I have a Sprint plan in which I have ulimited internet access for $10 per month which I believe normally goes for $15. I understand that EVDO is much faster but more expensive and was wondering if the 700p would still be able to use my current $10 plan (which I believe is for Vision phones). Or, will I be required to use the faster, but far more expensive EVDO option for the net?

Thanks for any help with this.
    FAR more expensive?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    FAR more expensive?
    That was my impression, am I wrong? I believe the EVDO on Verizon is about $60.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Well, it's $15 on Sprint's website for the Treo 650. I've been reading other threads stating that Sprint will offer an additional plan that allows for tethering to a laptop. Try searching again, I'm pretty sure it was on this board.

Joe
  6.    #6  
    Well, I found this but it doesn't seem quite conclusive as the numbers and opinions differ:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=evdo+vision
    That's Verizon. Do you want Verizon or Sprint?? Sprint is $15 (you can go as high as 20-25 dollars if you go for all the picture crap.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Well, it's sounding a lot better and cheaper than I imagined. Thanks people. The forum has a much faster response time these days (seems like seconds).
  9.    #9  
    Insertion,
    Sprint is what I have and would like to keep. These prices seem a lot cheaper than Verizon's and I'm wondering if the speeds are similar. I was looking for an article that I read about limitations and fine print that the networks are using to restrict customer use of bandwidth. I can't seem to find the article at the moment but the gist of it was that unlimited access is not necessarily unlimited any more -- read the fine print. If I locate the article I will post it here. I appreciate your help.
    Well, it's sounding a lot better and cheaper than I imagined. Thanks people. The forum has a much faster response time these days (seems like seconds).
    For some...this is crackcentral...they never log off. They sometimes take bathroom breaks, but I hear peeing in a gallon jug saves for lost time if you aren't wireless.
    at&t iPhone3G
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    For some...this is crackcentral...they never log off. They sometimes take bathroom breaks, but I hear peeing in a gallon jug saves for lost time if you aren't wireless.
    Very witty post. TreoCentral is better than ever!
    Very witty post. TreoCentral is better than ever!
    With the tough crowd here at times...you have to have your witts.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I think one thing to remember is the Power Vison plans (EVDO) no longer include unlimited SMS or any SMS for that matter. SO you will have to pay extra for that if you want it.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I'm am getting tired of the nasty lies told about Verizon!

Seriously, PDA internet acces from VZW for unlimited data is $44.99 when you have a voice plan of $39.99 or above. There is also a 20 MB plan for $24.99, you have to ask a CSR for it since it's not listed online.

Sprint has basic Power Vision for $15 and the super deluxe one with everything for $25 when you have a voice plan of $39.99 and above, both include unlimited internet and email.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    I'm am getting tired of the nasty lies told about Verizon!

Seriously, PDA internet acces from VZW for unlimited data is $44.99 when you have a voice plan of $39.99 or above. There is also a 20 MB plan for $24.99, you have to ask a CSR for it since it's not listed online.

Sprint has basic Power Vision for $15 and the super deluxe one with everything for $25 when you have a voice plan of $39.99 and above, both include unlimited internet and email.
    Verizon stopped working for me a long time ago. I'm switching to Sprint the day the 700p comes out and noones going to tell me different. I'm done being ripped off by the only company that refuses 7pm calling, unlimited text(what is unlimited in-text!?!?) and high plans with low minutes. YEAH!! YOUR WORKING FOR ME
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    YEAH!! YOUR WORKING FOR ME
    ...sounds like Verizon has just been working you.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's Verizon. Do you want Verizon or Sprint?? Sprint is $15 (you can go as high as 20-25 dollars if you go for all the picture crap.)
    Just got off the phone with Sprint retentions (see other thread for my "loyalty plan").

The rep told me that, with the new 3G phones coming out, Sprint is doing away with the 3 tiers of Power Vision. In other words, all Power Vision will be $15, and will include unlimited data (non-DUN), unlimited picturemail, and the full lineup of Sprint TV.

I hope she's right. Can anybody confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    This from a guy with 265 posts in two months? Get the jug out.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    This from a guy with 265 posts in two months? Get the jug out.
    You beat me to it! Jug? I think Kstewart should just log in from the can, why waste time...or jugs...
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    You beat me to it! Jug? I think Kstewart should just log in from the can, why waste time...or jugs...
    And, yes, I realize i have more posts per day than kstewart....and i'm sitting on the...lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast